The Librarian

Doctor Who Diorama

So, a couple of months ago I started building a new TARDIS console room, just to see if I could get a working time rotor going up and down in the middle of it (turns out I can).

And, well, the project . . . grew somewhat.

I still need to invest in some proper lamps but I've done my best to photograph it with the current sunny weather (well, sunny intervals - it is a Bank Holiday) to share with you all. I do hope you enjoy it - I've thrown in as many references as I could fit to all sorts of Doctor Who stories in every medium.

26073679285_aa39f1b79c_b.jpgDoctor Who Diorama by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

25471145053_6e58502c6d_b.jpgYou've had the place redecorated . . . by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

26047806526_d69a2e1a7f_c.jpgDress for the occasion by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Both the Doctor's and the Master's TARDISes are separate modules - took me a while to work out how best to fit them together.

25800896490_ff90f0d318_z.jpgThe Master's TARDIS by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

And to think it all started as a mild curiosity in a junk yard . . .

25800837480_d0ae048337_b.jpgJust a battered old Police Box by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

As a bonus, here's a little Cyber Tomb-ette using those lovely, lovely (seriously, I need more) Cybermen figures.

26035504825_0e470f01ea_c.jpgModular Cyber Tomb by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

More images and all Doctor Who related MOCs on my flickr can be found here. General housekeeping: I can't claim any credit for the 9th and 10th Doctor figs since I've seen some fairly similar combinations knocking around but I haven't seen the 7th and 8h done this way before. There are two modified pieces in this MOC - a Batman torso with the bat symbol markered over and a crowbar piece scarified for the sake of art.

Do let me know what you think!

Edited by The Librarian

Holy $&(@!!! That is amazing! All the different sections...I can't wrap my mind around it! And how you've crammed stuff from the comics, the novels...amazing! FANTASTIC!!! Allons-y! Geronimo!

Holy $&(@!!! That is amazing! All the different sections...I can't wrap my mind around it! And how you've crammed stuff from the comics, the novels...amazing! FANTASTIC!!! Allons-y! Geronimo!

Couldn't say it batter.

I never watched DW, but man that is just great! So many details and things to discover. Different moods and building techniques, just wow!

I am sure the avid Doctor Who fan will find a lot Easter eggs, too.

I am not amazed by the build, don't get me wrong i love it. I am amazed of how much scenes you put into one LEGO diorama!

I can honestly say that I don't know much about Doctor Who (never watched an episode), but I can say that this is an amazing MOC. Definitely one of my favourite MOCs now. Great work!! :thumbup:

Edited by Foxes Productionz

Wow, that's a very impressive fan model. I particularly love the Eric Roberts Master minifigure. Hopefully if he ever features in LEGO Dimensions, it'll be at least similar to your version.

I unfortunately know nothing of Doctor Who, but all I can say this is quite an impressive creation! I love overall design of it with the many different stories it must tell, and how the diorama loops around the way it does. Very thoughtful design and great use of space.

Not the biggest Whovian, but I know enough to enough to realize this is an absolutely incredible, grade A+ MOC! You've crammed so many details in there, it'll be a while before they can all soak in! And you're right about the Cybermen minifigures- no matter how many I have, I'll still need more!

Excellent work! The build and photos are superb. Its obvious you spent a lot of time carefully crafting all those scenes. Congrats on what is sure to become a fan favorite.

Amazing work, every little space and corner seems completely filled in. Very nicely done. Lots of nice Doctor Who history here.

Thank you for the comments - very kind of you all!

Wow, that's a very impressive fan model. I particularly love the Eric Roberts Master minifigure. Hopefully if he ever features in LEGO Dimensions, it'll be at least similar to your version.

My one regret is that I didn't think to find a way to do those magnificent sleeves of his! And I'm still holding out hope for a Missy Lego Dimensions pack featuring all incarnations of the Master!

Not the biggest Whovian, but I know enough to enough to realize this is an absolutely incredible, grade A+ MOC! You've crammed so many details in there, it'll be a while before they can all soak in! And you're right about the Cybermen minifigures- no matter how many I have, I'll still need more!

I'm up to three Cybermen now, so hopefully I'll be able to get some more Cyber-centric MOCs online soon!

That looks absolutely incredible! I especially like how you worked the Dimensions Cyberman Toy Tag into the tomb.

I have this feeling I'm going to end up with lots of those tags, so I'll have to think up some more ways to use them . . .

:wub: :wub: :wub: all over the place.

This is custard and fishfingers for every Whovian ! :thumbup:

Drat! The one reference I failed to get in! Now how exactly does one build a bowl of custard and fishfingers at minifig scale . . . ?

And I'm still holding out hope for a Missy Lego Dimensions pack featuring all incarnations of the Master!

I'd be shocked if they don't do Missy and Clara as NFC minifigures. Has to happen, surely?

I really love the setup on this. I'm afraid that I am not all that familiar with the older DW stories and characters but the feeling of the MOC definitly feels right. ;)

As I said what I like most is the way this is set up. The hexagonal shapes of the different elements are a nice nod to the shapes inside the TARDIS and the change of height inbetween the areas makes it a lot more visually appealing.

P.S.: I also had a look at your Flickr stream. There's some really cool stuff there, too! :)