LEGO Train 12 Volts,

"Sirs, that is what you call a track straight'ner. Lett 'er get away and you'll have rails running straight up the mountainside." (A little something that came to me while looking at the pictures.)

I am curious to know what kind of pulling power it has. though just like in real life, the tractive effort will be limited by the weight of the boiler. Otherwise a very solid model and smooth construction. Forward and REVERSE functionality are definitely a plus. Its funny how many a steam engine excelled at going forward but going in reverse was where the real fun begins. There are those notable exceptions that could go ether way and then there are those where the logic makes sense but aesthetically you wonder what they were thinking.

3D LEGO

Edited by 3D LEGO

Thx for the vids. Excellent work - love the valves and pistons!

A very solid model and smooth construction. Forward and REVERSE functionality are definitely a plus.

Thanks harnbak e 3D Lego! :thumbup:

Finally, I can enjoy your last creation which we have discuss so much about. I've just come back from an easter travel in Bayern (where I've visited the DB museum in Nurmberg, with a "modellarium" simply awesome), and I think it's really impressive, you got the spirit of the locomotive also working on a smaller than truth scale, many compliments.

As you say the choice of 2nd and 5th flanged axles is on the bordeline to negotiate the Lego curves with Emerald type wheels, do you think it would work with BBB XL ones? (you know I should use them on my, for the moment, abandoned project).

I hope you'll not leave the steam world, there are not only BR but plenty of wonderfull steam beasts to model

regards

Sergio and Eros

A real gem for the eyes, as well as a concentrate of great technical solutions. A must have for any trains collector.

(where I've visited the DB museum in Nurmberg)

OK that is on the list for my next trip out of Australia!

Spectacular model. What I love about your work is that you have captured so much detail and yet retain such lean lines. This is beautifully uncluttered, yet has so much detail! Love it!

Wow, another stunning BR. How many is that now?

But again a beauty. Nice detailing and mind-boggling rod system. I am not sure if I like the ladder on the side though, but that's the only minor point I can find, and then it's personal taste as well.

Another stunning steam locomotive :wub: ...your collection is huge now!

Actually I've 55 locomotives (lego set and MOCs)...but I'm still working on new projects! :grin:

Finally, I can enjoy your last creation which we have discuss so much about.

Sergio and Eros

Sergio thanks for your advice about this amazing locomotive ...I'm satisfied about the result! :thumbup:

What I love about your work is that you have captured so much detail and yet retain such lean lines.

Oooh thanks for this very kind words! :blush:

Wow, another stunning BR. How many is that now?

Thanks Man with a hat, now I'm at quota 13 BR but I really hope to have completed the project!

I have to repeat myself: you always astonish us with your creations.

As usual all the secrets are revelead by well detailed pics.

You are great for doing this and won the challenge realizing and giving us an interesting subject of a climber steam loco. Yes it was a slow unit but it was a no rack solution

It's amazing to see a Lego six aces in action with the rod linkages in motion. Your well-proven system of double engine works really well.

Who knows if this model can climb a steep ramp

Well done again my dear friend and thanks for the videos.

Wow, another great steamer from your production line :grin:

Nice to see something unusual regarding wheel arrangements! As always lovely details! I just wonder how much hauling power does the engine have? I always wondered if 2 m motors can do the work to haul a little bit longer train.

Also nice to see the custom rods, I have to try them at some point as well :sweet:

I have to repeat myself: you always astonish us with your creations.

Well done again my dear friend and thanks for the videos.

Thanks Helos,

you're always welcome with your kind words :blush: ...stay tuned for my next italian locomotives (and yes ...also with the replica of your fantastic Tartaruga! :wub: )

Great looking train. Really good work! :)

Max

Thank you very much Max :thumbup:

Wow, another great steamer from your production line :grin:

I just wonder how much hauling power does the engine have? I always wondered if 2 m motors can do the work to haul a little bit longer train.

Thanks!

About the traction 2m motors are ok to pull some wagons without any problem, this specific locomotive with more power than speed can tow up to 5 standard lego wagons :classic:

You did an excellent job with this build! (but that is the norm with your locomotives) About the only problem I could see is that it looks way too clean next to the prototype (grin). It is really neat to see the pistons at work, I like how you did the crosshead. Definitely a crazy (and impressive) work of engineering underneath the pretty exterior.

Thanks Man with a hat, now I'm at quota 13 BR but I really hope to have completed the project!

Okay, here's a challenge for you- a family photo of all 13 together. Even if you don't have a real roundhouse you can fake one with track, e.g.,

0img_1949.jpg_thumb.jpg

Okay, here's a challenge for you- a family photo of all 13 together.

You can count on it zepyr1934! :thumbup:

Beautiful model. Excellently engineered! Such a nice running gear in motion.

-James

Thanks master, your words are much appreciated! :blush:

Pure perfection, bravo :thumbup:

Looks like a good model.

Thank you very much! :classic:

I have a couple of questions:

1: Where did you get the rods to the locomotive, especially the main connecting rods?

2: Have you considered a Buwizz battery box to put in the tender to make things a whole lot easier?

On 8/9/2020 at 4:39 AM, Craig Strader said:

I have a couple of questions:

1: Where did you get the rods to the locomotive, especially the main connecting rods?

2: Have you considered a Buwizz battery box to put in the tender to make things a whole lot easier?

Hi,

Please be aware you are reviving a four year old topic, which is frowned upon. Please don't revive old topics, unless you have information to add. 

Thanks for understanding.

You Did it again!

I go away for few days and you made another good job.

And you read in my mind again..x-12-x  i have start yesterday to project the U.P. 4-12-2; do you have already made it? i don't remember..