Scouty

Carribean Clipper vs the Imperial Flagship

Carribean Clipper Vs. Imperial Flagship  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• The Almighty Caribbean Clipper!
    • The Fearsome Imperial Flagship!

Well, as Col. Whipstick has suggested, there should be a contrasting poll of the good guys, than the bad guys.

There's a problem with this poll.

Voting between two pirate ships? This is like choosing between two devils...

I say let's vote between the Clipper and the Imperial Flagship, at least those are crewed by civilized men and not some poxy, scurvy ridden, smelly scum! :-P

So, what do you think? Is the Imperial Flagship better than the Caribbean Clipper? Is the Caribbean Clipper better than the Imperial Flagship? Do you need pictures? Here they are:

Imperial Flagship

6271-1.jpg

Caribbean Clipper

6274-1.jpg

(There may or not be a poll on this already. I searched and came up empty handed.)

I think both are kind of weak. They are more like little schooners than flagships. Still, I have to go with the Imperial Flagship.

I voted for the Imperial Flagship. Those are some mean sails. I'm no nautical expert, but by the looks of it, I'd say the Imperial Flagship would be faster because of them. Plus, it has a compass! As for crew, the Clipper does have more finely trained soldiers, but the Flagship has an officer besides the Admiral, so if something were to happen to either one of them, the other could take command! X-D

Besides, what does the Governor know about leading a crew of sailors on the open sea? He needs to stick with the wine in his fortress and leave the seas to the Admiral. In addition, the Flagship has a little shoe shiner to do all the dirty work.

Hmmm, on the one hand, I had the Clipper, and still do. On the other though, the Flagship looks more impressive, and on another hand is a plate with a bacon sandwich and a fourth has my morning coffee.

I need time to think!

Good show Imperial Scouts!

I must admit I'm surprised to see the Imperial Flagship (The Sea Lion) taking the lead in the poll. I would have thought most fans of the Clipper.

I own both these ships and enjoy putting them on either side of the BSB just to make sure none of the human vermin survive!

I have taken some photos of mine in action against pirates on brickshelf. Here's the link...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=280551

Both are beautiful ships but The Sea Lion is somehow neater, designed better. The Clipper is always missing two cannons and atleast another crewman for me.

I voted Imperial Flagship, I like anything red coats and I prefer the overall design to the Caribbean Clipper.

Also, fantastic pictures Col. Whipstick!! X-O

Thank you... alas, if I spent half as much on a decent camera as I did paint and had more time to work on the shots they'd look a whole hell of a lot better. Took all those photos on brickshelf in one afternoon, rushed!

Anyway, we're never happy with these things no matter how much time and effort we put into them...

Well, that is in a slightly different tone. Mr. Texas was asking which one he should buy.

Well, this one has a poll, and pictures X-D .

As usual with this place... you ask a question - you will get an answer, maybe not the one you were looking for but you'll get one! :-P

Well, that is in a slightly different tone. Mr. Texas was asking which one he should buy.Well, this one has a poll, and pictures X-D .

And that's why your thread is better :-D

The Imperial Flagship is giving the Caribbean Clipper a flogging!

And that's why your thread is better :-D

The Imperial Flagship is giving the Caribbean Clipper a flogging!

I was suspecting that the Carribean Clipper would pulverize the Imperial Flagship...I guess not X-D .

This poll could help me decide which one I want for Christmas! (more! X-D ) I like both sets a lot.

Well I think most know I like the Red Guards (vs Blue Soldiers) better, so it should be no surprise that I think the Imperial Flagship is better.

I like the sail design, and because it uses the smaller hulls, I feel like it looks more compete, with far less blank space.

On the other hand, if I were choosing which one to buy (like the other thread), and thought I might 'part' the set, with the exception of the minifigs, there are some superior pieces on the Clipper (tall mast base, wider hulls, yellow parrot) so in that case I might switch my vote!

This poll could help me decide which one I want for Christmas! (more! X-D ) I like both sets a lot.

And now you have to legitimise to yourself that you can only have one of the two... It's gonna cut you up inside, you'll lose sleep, have to seek out counselling, your friends and family will disown you because all you can talk about are those two ships. Welcome to the world of lego addiction! X-D

And now you have to legitimise to yourself that you can only have one of the two... It's gonna cut you up inside, you'll lose sleep, have to seek out counselling, your friends and family will disown you because all you can talk about are those two ships. Welcome to the world of lego addiction! X-D

Alas, only one can make it into my hands! Luckily my family put up with me blabbling about Lego all the time anyway! X-D :-D

....the Flagship has an officer besides the Admiral, so if something were to happen to either one of them, the other could take command! X-D

Indeed, the other could take over command: commanding the only soldier.... :-P

I never understood why there's a pirate in this set, a second soldier would have made much more sense.

I own both ships and they both have their charmes, the functioning rudder being a nice feature of the Imperial Flagship.

However I voted for the Caribbean Clipper, its bigger, can fit more cannons (without major reconfiguration) and looks better from the rear.

The Imperial Flagship can more easily be modified, making it a much longer and more powerful vessel, I have not yet tried that with the Caribbean Clipper.... Some day I will.

I never understood why there's a pirate in this set, a second soldier would have made much more sense.

I always thought that he would be a sailor, or an impressed sailor. He's not that fancy with wearing the British sailors clothes X-D .

I always thought that he would be a sailor, or an impressed sailor. He's not that fancy with wearing the British sailors clothes X-D .

I concur, I always thought he was a sailor too! Or just a random hobo trying to steal their treasure! ;-)

I concur, I always thought he was a sailor too!

Well, he appears as well in this set, not the place one would expect a random sailor (walking the plank, but still....) *sweet*

Well I like the wide hulled ships better, so I voted the Clipper *wub*

It has a great figurehead and huge sails, plus plenty of crew and the rarely seen Governor Broadside :-D

The Flagship is more of a cutter, with its narrow hull, which makes it sleek and fast. Too little of crew(a pirate is a crew member?!) A nice ship though....

Plus I like the Imperial Soldiers over the Imperial Guards

CC is a great ship and was my first ever ship!!

P