Sign in to follow this  
The Sarge

[OL - MarFB1] The Outrigger "Dove"

I purchased a small outrigger canoe from the natives today. We painted it white, and re-rigged it for a more conventional sail. They're speedy little things, although the cargo capacity is almost nothing. I've handed her off to two of my employees to take fishing, to supplement the income from the powder mill until we can purchase a proper freighter. I've christened her the "Dove".

Honoré Sarrazin

25778916960_7a08412d90.jpg

Licenced as Class 0

Edited by The Sarge

A sleek looking vessel. The spider webs as fishing nets is a great idea!

I really like the simplicity of this little outrigger, the white is very nice too. Great work! :thumbup:

Lovely little creation.

Quite a bit of detail on such a small vessel, I wish these small double clips were official parts.

As the boat is all white, I'd prefered to see a sail of a different color. But that's just nitpicking pirate_wink.gif

Good job, Sarge! Dismissed! pirate_laugh2.gif

Beautiful outrigger, Sarge. I agree the white sail on the white boat does make it a bit too white, but otherwise it looks great. If she was to be a real flyer, she could probably carry a larger sail.

Anyways, really nice build! pirate_satisfied.gif

Thank you everyone!

@Kolonialbeamter and @Bregir - I'll keep that in mind for my corvette. Do you think a coffee-stained cloth sail would look better?

Great little vessel. :thumbup:

I'm a little worried about your crew member in a ponytail. :pir-tongue:

Thanks! Why are you worried? Ponytails were the standard haircut of soldiers and naval sailors at the time, and fairly common among the general populace for men as well!

Do you think a coffee-stained cloth sail would look better?

Yes, something that makes it look like used linen, or whatever these sails were made out of. You might want to check this sail making tutorial for some inspiration.

Keep it up!

A simple design, and one that takes advantage of a variety of parts. The overall shape looks right, and I like the custom sail.

What is the white part connecting the brown bars?

Nice little skiff ! Great design !

It is good to see someone else is still making class 0 boats ! Good job !

@Captain Genaro, those are Brickarms U-clips. You can see them in use on the mast as well.

Considering I use those for my bayonets, I should have known pirate_blush.gif. Thank you.

Beautiful little outrigger! Solid white is perhaps a bit much but the design is really good and those webs as nets are a good idea. Keep it up.

Considering I use those for my bayonets, I should have known pirate_blush.gif. Thank you.

"clean" build, I like the brick-build hull

Beautiful little outrigger! Solid white is perhaps a bit much but the design is really good and those webs as nets are a good idea. Keep it up.

Thank you everyone!