I was going to ask where exactly do you buy these sails from? For lego ships? Would love to build one but have no idea where to buy these sails from are they custom ?

Yeah, I realized early on that I would have to do custom-made sails. Even most of the smaller ones are bigger than any sails TLG has ever produced. pir_laugh2.gif

I spent a lot of time browsing in the fabric store, and ended up buying "budget blackout fabric." I was really pleased with it. The texture is very nice and matte, but it has a large synthetic component. This gives it a little stiffness, so the the drape is pretty good, not too limp. It's easy to cut and resists unraveling--I expected to have to bind up the ends but there was no need. Also it's durable and easy to clean.

I used my kids' washable markers to draw the outlines, cut with regular fabric scissors, and then cleaned off the marks with a damp cloth.

Hi all, I finally had a chance to take a pretty picture of the modifications to the prow. Also I hoisted the red ensign :pir_laugh2:

29199961390_ed164d837d_c.jpg

Beyond the Brick did a nice video on Enterprize at BrickCon, which people might be interested in

Kudos to you for the recognition! 

But why no mention of Classic pirates or eurobricks? :cry_sad:

I do like the liveliness of the battle scene. Very well done. 

On 12/18/2016 at 2:20 AM, kurigan said:

But why no mention of Classic pirates or eurobricks? :cry_sad:

They caught me unawares, so I didn't really have time to think what to say. I'm surprised I sounded as coherent as I did, 5 minutes mental prep would have done wonders :)

Edited by ejred

I know this topic is a little slow, but the more I look at this build, the greater my desire to get to the actual building stage of my HMS Serapis. Your HMS Enterprise is fantastic.