Bregir

Settlement, King's Harbour, Cocovia, Corrington

38460999600_12bb52734b_o.png

(Crest courtesy of @Kolonialbeamter)

This thread encompasses all builds within King's Harbour and on the island of Cocovia (unless in another settlement)

Military Governor's Office

Outstanding contracts:

- Class 1F w/ station: 40 db

- Lumbermill: 25db

- Coming soon: Quarry, Lumbermill, brick- and tileyard

Outstanding offers:

- The King's Harbour Foundation

Name: King's Harbour

Ownership: The Crown of Corrington

Mayor: Military Governor, J. Cooke

Trade Value: see accounts summary

Town bank: see accounts summary

Who can own property in King's Harbour: Any honourable Corlander. Further, foreigners are allowed property rights after agreement with the Governor/mayor.

Who can freebuild in King's Harbour: Anyone.

Maps:

29779460753_cae6b73095_c.jpg

City Map:

Will be published soon.

Description:

King's Harbour is first and foremost a naval base, and most activity is geared towards the repair, provisioning, maintenance, and outfitting of naval and merchant vessels. Obviously, the many sailors passing through, as well as the craftsmen and workers living there, is likely to give rise to a number of secondary and tertiary services over time, as the naval base expands.

Located in an excellent, defensible natural harbour, it is the perfect place for ships to refit, provision, and repair, or to take refuge from storms or enemies. The surrounding forests offers a reasonable source of cordage and timber for these purposes, as well as plenty of fruits, vegetables, and animals for provisions. Fresh water can be procured from multiple springs, or from the river flowing into the bay.

The settlement is founded near a native settlement, and co-exists in close cooperation with the natives, the cultures of Corrington and the natives spilling over between them.

The harbour is protected by two peninsulae, the northern arm being tall, overgrown, and rocky, and the southern more flat and accessible.

Builds in King's Harbour:

(Please help me out by posting a link to your King's Harbour builds in this thread.)

Properties:

Needed to grow to large city: 6 artisans, 1 commerce, 3 factories, (146/101)

Fortress: 4

Fortress and Lighthouse, Chase Point, BrickOn, License status: Small fortress

Colonial Half-battery, Mark I, Southern Arm, King's Harbour (Bregir), License status: Small fortress

Modified half-battery, Northern Arm, King's Harbour (Ayrlego), License status: Medium fortress

Residence: 68

Native riverside hut, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Small residence

Cpt. Wolfson's Residence, King's Harbour, Brickwolf, License status: Small residence

Lighthouse, Northern Arm, Puvel, License status: Medium residence

Her Majesty's Winged Cuirassiers, King's Harbour, King's Harbour (Bregir), License status: Small residence

Lawliet's house, King's Harbour, Flavius Gratian, License status: Small residence

House by the River, King's Harbour, Elostirion, License status: not yet licensed

Residential Neighbourhood, King's Harbour, Elostirion, License status: not yet licensed

A resolution to the Prio / Sea Rats conflict?, King's Harbour, Capt Wolf, License status: Small residence

Cooke's Country Residence, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Medium residence

The Trial of Sinbad Part 4, King's Harbour, MKJoshA, License status: Small residence

Plantation: 4

Cocoa Plantation, Hinterland, Ayrlego, License status: Small plantation

Pig Farm, Hinterland, Puvel, License status: Small plantation

Vineyard, Hinterland, Spud the Viking, License status: Small plantation

Commerce: 17

Military Governor's Office, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Small Commerce

Station for communication and Logistics vessel(s), King's Harbour, Bregir (via Kolonialbeamtr), License status: Medium commerce

ETTC Warehouse, King's Harbour, ETTC (Bregir), License status: Medium commerce

King's Harbour Dockside, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Large commerce

Hiring Crews, King's Harbour, King's Harbour (via Bregir), License status: Small commerce

King's Harbour Port, King's Harbour, LM71 Blackbird, License status: Large commerce

Smoking Room, King's Harbour, FTA (Via Professor Thaum), License status: Small commerce

Government Office, King's Harbour, Ayrlego, License status: unlicensed

Dockside, King's Harbour, Gedren_Y, License status: Small commerce

Notary, King's Harbour, MKJoshA, License status: Small commerce

Rodsh Derr gets a letter, King's Harbour, Bart, License status: Medium commerce

Education: 8

The Proceedings, King's Harbour, Royal Society of Nat. Phil. (Bregir), License status: Small education

The Cutty Shark, King's Harbour, Royal Society of Nat. Phil. (Professor Thaum), License status: Small education

The Royal Society School, King's Harbour, Royal Society of Nat. Phil. (Bregir), License status: Large education

Agricultural Research Station, King's Harbour, ETTC (Ayrlego), License status: Large education

Artisan: 14

Butcher's Shop, King's Harbour, Puvel, License status: Small artisan

Department of Time, King's Harbour, Captain Dee, License status: Large artisan

Physician's Office, King's Harbour, Puvel, License status:Small artisan

King's Harbour Boat Sheds, King's Harbour, King's Harbour (via Bregir), License status: Medium artisan

Cannon Foundry, King's Harbour, King's Harbour (via Captain Dee), License status: Medium artisan

Clockmaker, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Small artisan

Chocolatier, King's Harbour, Corrington (via Ayrlego), License status: Small artisan

Workshop, King's Harbour, Captain Genaro, License status: Medium artisan

Masting Sheer, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: ?part of a Royal? not yet licensed

Factory: 13

Slipway, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Medium factory

ETTC Royal Cocoa Factory, King's Harbour, ETTC (via Collaboration), License status: Royal factory

ETTC Cocoa Drying Plant, King's Harbour, ETTC (via Puvel), License status: Large factory

Dee Wheelworks of King's Harbour, King's Harbour, King's Harbour (Captain Dee), License status: Large factory

Art and Culture: 17

The Majestic Gardens of King's Harbour, King's Harbour, BoC (via Captain Dee), License status: Royal art and culture

Government House, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Medium art and culture

Temple of Poseidon, King's Harbour, Bregir, License status: Medium art and culture

Courthouse, King's Harbour, MKJoshA, License status: Medium art and culture

Government Office, King's Harbour, Mesabi, License status: Small art and culture

A Shrine in the Sunshine, King's Harbour, Gedren_Y, License status: small art and culture

Government Bureau, King's Harbour, Drunknok, License status: small art and culture

Another Government Bureau, King's Harbour, Drunknok, License status: small art and culture

Government Courtyard, King's Harbour, Ayrlego, License status: unlicensed

Courthouse, King's Harbour, Flavius Gratian, License status: Medium art and culture

Mine:

Fontonajo's Rock Quarry, Hinterland, Elostirion, License status: Rock Quarry

Vessels stationed here:

Colonial Gunboat, Mark I, Class 1 A, Bregir, License status: Unlicensed

Ferret, Class 1F, Bregir (KB), License status: Unlicensed

Rowboat, Class 0, Bregir (KB), License status: Unlicensed

Other related builds:

Letters from home, Freebuild, Bregir

A morning swim, Freebuild, Bregir

Elena Arrives and An Invitation, Freebuild, BrickOn

Prospecting on Cocovia, Freebuild, Bregir

The King's Harbour Foundation

As the Society of Natural Philosophy wishes to support the exploration and scientific grandeur of the Empire, the board has established a foundation for the new settlement of King's Harbour. This foundation offers to fund half the cost of establishing any business relevant for the naval base. This includes, but is not limited to, the following enterprises:

• Docks, piers, cranes
  • Arsenal
  • Shipyard
  • Naval outfitter
  • Provisioner
  • Naval Hospital

Anyone wishing to take advantage of the foundation should contact Don Isaac Montoya, fellow of the Society, and local fund manager, or whoever he might chose to appoint for the task.

In return for its investment, the Society of Natural Philosophers will require a share of profits, namely that of the months April, August and December until such a time that three payments have been made. As the Society is a non-profit organisation, these proceeds will go into the funds managed by the foundation, rather than to any stakeholders.

Signed

Central Executive Committee

Society of Natural Philosophy

Edited by Bregir

Captain Dirk Allcock, of Her Majesties 47th Regiment of Foot, is pleased to announce that a modified Colonial Half Battery has been constructed on the Northern Peninsular overlooking the entrance to King's Harbour.

25850854680_284c3a8231.jpg

Long live the Queen!

Edited by Ayrlego

To all shipwrights, ship-, and boatyards of New Terra,

The Corlander settlement King's Harbour is need of a small, fast, ocean-going vessel to carry local communications and supplies, including for the fort at Chase Point.

The contract includes a station for the vessel in King's Harbour, where messages and supplies can be deposited and loaded.

Contractors are to present their designs to the Military Governor, Captain Jno. Cooke (Here), who will pick the preferred design to be purchased for the sum of 40 gold dubloons.

Any questions are to be directed at the Governor's office.

Signed

Captain Jno. Cooke

Provisional Military Governor

King's Harbour, Cocovia

OOC:

This is a contract for an unlicensed vessel (class 1F) and a station (pier/quay/?) to go with it. The station should include some sort of office/small warehouse, where the crew can rest, messages can be deposited, goods can be loaded, etc (Think small or medium property). Creativity is encouraged, but I prefer a realistic spin.

Keep in mind that King's Harbour is still a young settlement.

All designs can be submitted as freebuilds (and the builder can claim the freebuild dubloons), but if the MOC is purchased, the right of use (licensing) will pass to King's Harbour. (Well, me.)

I will not make a decision earlier than the 20th of April, to give interested contractors time to build, but will keep the offer open until a suitable moc is found.

EDIT: Trade value and Town bank value updated.

Edited by Bregir

To all shipwrights, ship-, and boatyards of New Terra,

The Corlander settlement King's Harbour is need of a small, fast, ocean-going vessel to carry local communications and supplies, including for the fort at Chase Point.

The contract includes a station for the vessel in King's Harbour, where messages and supplies can be deposited and loaded.

Contractors are to present their designs to the Military Governor, Captain Jno. Cooke, who will pick the preferred design to be purchased for the sum of 40 gold dubloons.

Any questions are to be directed at the Governor's office.

Signed

Captain Jno. Cooke

Provisional Military Governor

King's Harbour, Cocovia

OOC:

This is a contract for an unlicensed vessel (class 1F) and a station (pier/quay/?) to go with it. The station should include some sort of office/small warehouse, where the crew can rest, messages can be deposited, goods can be loaded, etc (Think small or medium property). Creativity is encouraged, but I prefer a realistic spin.

Keep in mind that King's Harbour is still a young settlement.

All designs can be submitted as freebuilds (and the builder can claim the freebuild dubloons), but if the MOC is purchased, the right of use (licensing) will pass to King's Harbour. (Well, me.)

I will not make a decision earlier than the 20th of April, to give interested contractors time to build, but will keep the offer open until a suitable moc is found.

EDIT: Trade value and Town bank value updated.

MAESRTO (and I) may be interested. We're discussing things right now.

Content amended April 2017.

King's Harbour now has its first Royal-size property: The Majestic Gardens of King's Harbour, Cocovia.

14dd0fn.jpg

e0svbq.jpg

mtp4py.jpg

30k7o02.jpg

2utorx1.jpg

fdudeo.jpg

rt46qh.jpg

fcmwpx.jpg

The gardens are a Royal Art & Culture property.

@Bregir This adds +5 to settlement size and +30 to settlement trade value.

Edited by Captain Dee
Reason for edit: add new property

@Titus:

Great - all are welcome to place a tender for the contract and will be considered fairly.

Bregir, this is a fine initiative, but would the discussion and build submissions perhaps be better suited for the main Corrington faction topic? This being a settlement topic, we're going to use up much of the highly visible first page with material not actually in the settlement (except the winning entry). I wonder if it might be better to move the related posts to the faction thread instead?

That is a very reasonable sentiment. I was actually considering making it a separate topic to avoid this, but it felt like it was too little for that. Do you have the powers to move it?

Unfortunately I do not (I actually passed that part up...)

If you want me to I'll ask one of the leaders who can move these posts - to either the faction thread or main starting thread. Your call. :classic:

@Captain Dee:

I have decided to move it here. I think it is better suited there, than in the general or faction threads. pirate_blush.gif

A pig farm has been established to keep the troops happy/full of bacon.

26321311432_86a3100dab.jpg

It is licensed as a medium plantation.

Edited by Puvel

Oh that reminds me Bregir, the Cocoa plantation has been licensed as a small plantation

Thanks, guys - I have updated the first post. Let me know if there are any errors. Puvel, I put yours up as small plantation, as yours and Ayrlego's are of similar size. If we figure out yours can be a medium, Ayrlego's can be too, I guess. I will adjust it when we have a clarification. pirate_blush.gif

Prospectinghas been started in King's Harbour.

26444762654_c9e0351dd2_n.jpg

And Brickwolf, good to have you and the Seawolf Shipping Company - I will update the first post.

Edited by Bregir

The Proceedings have now opened a printers shop in King's Harbour to ensure that all the newest discoveries are shared amongst the members!

27091549195_20c2a0ceff_n.jpg

Will be licensed as a small eductation property.

Main post now updated with trade values, properties, etc.

The governor wishes to remind you all of the outstanding contract for a medium factory in the form of a lumbermil. If you are an enterprising individual, this might be just the place to turn to make a profit.