Sign in to follow this  
PlanetaryHub

Correct Lego Terminology

Please could someone tell me what the correct Lego terminology is for the cylindrical sockets and pins used to attach mini figure accessories, for example a feather to a crown:

4548676.jpg4100457.jpg

Thanks.

It's not very exciting, but the only more technical references I've seen to that is "with Hole Ø1.5" for the "socket" and "with Shaft Ø1.5" for the pin.

Anyone know if Lego has a more official label for this that's not just purely physically descriptive?

@deraven Thanks. I guess, if Lego have no official name, it can be referred to as the "Ø1.5mm shaft & socket connector system" without confusion?

Edited by PlanetaryHub

@deraven Thanks. I guess, if Lego have no official name, it can be referred to as the "Ø1.5mm shaft & socket connector system" without confusion?

Well, I think that's slightly less confusing than "that little nub at the bottom of headgear and Friend's animal accessories" or something. :laugh:

But it would be nice if there was something easier like "micro-stud and socket" or something. :sceptic:

Accessory pin and accessory hole are what I'd say. It should be the same for all the flames, feathers, Friends stuff, Clone Trooper gear, helmets, hair etc.