Ashnflash

Worst LEGO Experience...

So I went a few weeks back the LEGO Store and bought all the Civil War sets and a few Micro Racers sets. And well you know those horrible stories you hear about it LEGO mishaps in production. For example that one time Louis Lane's face was printed onto the wrong head. Anyways I think my experience was a nightmare. I open up the Micro Racers: The Flash vs. Captain Cold set I was astonished to find that the set had a lot of problems.

25434021704_25f883410d.jpg

25433524684_8778c26ab6.jpg

As you can see the list of problems with the set. For the Flash: No head or helmet... And the Powerboltz can didn't have any printing.: For Captain Cold: This is much worse... No head or parka... They sent the wrong color legs. And the freeze gun... Much worse the blaster is a piece I've never seen before and does not exist in any set. But the most disappointing I think is they sent me a fire piece, HE'S CAPTAIN COLD!!!

So I had to contact the Shop online and ordered the parts but they won't be coming for a long time because they don't have spare parts in stock... Ya so I just thought I'd share my experience with all you guys!

(And if someone could help me post the images that would help a lot, thanks!)

Edited by Ashnflash

It always sucks to see things like this happening. :sceptic: I myself have never had any notable quality control issues, but it seems to be an increasing issue as LEGO keeps growing as a company. But I have to admit, that trans-red ray gun is awesome. :laugh: Look on the bright side, at least you own a piece that exists exclusively in that color (even if it's a prototype). Hopefully you'll be able to get replacement parts soon though!

They should give you the whole set anew. Especially now you have to wait that long. The gun is awesome though.

I've also had missing/wrong parts before (albeit very rarely) but this is a whole different level :wacko: I wonder if that trans-red gun is a prototype or a part in an upcoming set that hasn't been revealed yet :sweet: I think it might be the latter since I've never heard of prototype parts accidently being released in regular sets :laugh:

The only time I've had any missing parts was the LEGO Movie Lord Business Evil Lair set was missing all of the capes. This is obviously much worse than that, I'd recommend going back to the LEGO store you bought it from. They should be able to help you out faster.

Dude, that is THE most sordid incredibly strange case of missing and mixed up pieces I've EVER heard. Not once have had this kinda thing happen to me! (Well one time I was missing a leg in an exo force set..) I will echo the others, that gun is awesome. Keep it safe.

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

Thanks for your help with the pictures! Also all your comments! And about the gun, I looked it up and they've only come in silver and one time a solid red in a Sponge Bob set.

I've never seen so many missing or wrong parts in a single set. That sucks. Gonna Nth the "dat blaster :wub: " comments, though. Think of it as your silver lining. The only real horror story I've got is when I bought my 8637 Volcano Base, the Firearm Hench-borg was missing his head. I can't remember why, but I couldn't get one from LEGO, so I wound up turning to Bricklink and ordering another whole minifig. The whole situation was rendered moot a few weeks later when I bought 2 more copies of set during a sale.

That's pretty terrible- but that trans-red gun is a solid win! I bet you could make some money selling it, if you wanted to (or you could just send it to me.... :) )Contact TLG, they'll hook you up.

That's pretty terrible- but that trans-red gun is a solid win! I bet you could make some money selling it, if you wanted to (or you could just send it to me.... :) )Contact TLG, they'll hook you up.

I've thought about this but people might not believe the authenticity of it... Because I'm pretty sure there is a Decool one...

Oh wow. Was this box mint and factory sealed? That is just astonishing to see that many messed up parts. Only messed up parts I ever had was a bent dimensions plate(Lego replaced it for me) and one time a 1x1 Trans-Red stud broke when using a separator. Other then that it's been smooth sailing for me.

Oh wow. Was this box mint and factory sealed? That is just astonishing to see that many messed up parts. Only messed up parts I ever had was a bent dimensions plate(Lego replaced it for me) and one time a 1x1 Trans-Red stud broke when using a separator. Other then that it's been smooth sailing for me.

Yep it was. I bought it 2 days after all the new ones came out from the LEGO Store. Like I can see this happening if I bought it elsewhere.. But this is directly from them..

I helped my friend build the UCS Batmobile set from way back when. There was a Megablock in the box.

That was horrifying.

My bamboozlometer is still screaming about that one.

Edited by Actor Builder

You could just the the entire set back. I've had the happen a with a Ninjago spinner and one of the pieces was broken and with a bionicle that was missing it's mask. I bought them both form target and took them both back and they gave me a new ome.

O

I've thought about this but people might not believe the authenticity of it... Because I'm pretty sure there is a Decool one...

Decool might have one, but they do not have the LEGO logo anywhere on their products - studs and all (at least the ones I've obtained do not). The trans red gun you have should have the LEGO logo within the recess of the studs. It's a little hard to see because its recessed but take it under a good light and look long enough. You should see it. If you do plan on selling it, that is something you would want to note.

LEGO does test parts in non-production colors and sometimes they slip out into the wild. This may have been one of those cases.

So you might want to retitle your post, "Best Worst LEGO Experience." :wink:

I helped my friend build the UCS Batmobile set from way back when. There was a Megablock in the box.

That was horrifying.

Wtf.... Um... Was this directly from Lego?

That probably blew the Meter off of the Bamboozlemeter!

Oh and I didn't say anything about the trans-red gun... You should keep it!

Edited by hadidi1999

This whole thing is hard to believe. So many unique missing pieces and a piece in a non-production color mixed in?

Thanks for all the supportive comments! But that Tumbler story... Like that's super scary and disturbing..