Admonisher

[MOC] Rethinking Harley Quinn's Mallet

Like most, I love LEGO Harley Quinn! But I do NOT love the way the official sets have implemented her trademark carnival mallet. In all of the versions released to date, the handles are too small, the hammer ends are too oversized, and the gaps in the middle are distressingly obvious. I decided to try and come up with something a little more aesthetically pleasing by following these steps:

1. Begin with a 1x1 brick, modified with four side studs.

2. Attach a longer bar for the handle, so that it can be more easily held with two hands.

3. Use three 1x1 tiles to fill out the center.

4. Instead of 2x2 round bricks, use 2x2 round plates for the hammer barrel.

5. Add the 2x2 tiles to the ends.

This works for both the black/red color scheme AND the reddish brown/tan color scheme. As a nifty bonus, using round plates instead of bricks lets you change up the colors to give the appearance of those bands you frequently see on traditional carnival mallets! Here's classic-outfit Harley modeling four variations for you:

za9n1MOm.jpgExhUfGRm.jpg

wVmsDX6m.jpgJgnYUFDm.jpg

Here's another angle for a better sense of scale. These mallets are, IMO, still comically oversized without being ridiculous:

O6zbNkzl.jpg

Personally, I'm partial to variation #4. Here's Harley posing with a few of her fellow DC rogues...

bZ7uGQgl.jpg

...and facing off with a handful of familiar heroes...

yauNEgYl.jpg

Hope you enjoy! And if anyone else would like to share their own rethought mallets here, I'd love to see them!

Edited by Admonisher

Good idea for a better looking mallet. Too bad the rogues will have their butts handed to them by those JL members. :laugh:

This is so much better. I looked up the official hammer and I'm surprised Lego wouldn't have come up with your idea to begin with. It looks so much more like a carnival hammer and still fits in the Lego universe. I just don't get the official one anymore. This brings out her character a lot more.