Freddy's Trained Chickens

The Viper

Jail Break!

Cantu's House

Even a Pirate Has a Sweet Tooth

La Oleon

Captain's Cabin

25990335926_80d2b0c44c_c.jpg

Freddy was at the fruit store with his farmer friend, Charles. He had been successful in finding treasure and had come home with some gold in his pockets. He was trying to decide what he should be that would bring in the most profit. He hadn't had much success with animals, so he was trying for something less tasty to sharks.

25990333286_49bf3db121_c.jpg

Freddy was trying to listen to Charles over the ruckus being caused by a drunk pirate.

25895453272_c89f864f03_c.jpg

Cantu was searching without much success for the thief who had robbed him.

25383526114_c4635f3bff_c.jpg

OoC: I'm licensing this as a "Commerce" building since it's more a market place than a shop.

Another neat build, MKJ, those teeth pieces look great up right under the roof, and the ground texturing and door are well done too. The palm tree is the highlight of the build, though, even if I'm rather divided on it - on the one hand it is a great use of that technique and is a lot like some real palms, but on the other, it doesn't quite look right... maybe some more leaves on top would help? I think the problem is that the trunk doesn't get thinner nearer the top, but I can think of any other way to fix that right now pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice work overall though! pirate_wink.gif

Ingenious idea for the palm tree stem! :thumbup: The floor texture looks quite nice as well!

Nice build with some lovely features; the tree, the roof teeth, the SNOT door, the drunk pirate! I really like the fact that people are buildng stuff for 'normal life' in BoBS, not just ships and forts and battles. It is starting to feel like a world with a real population doing all kinds of things in all kinds of places.

Neat. I like the tree trunk idea.

You guys are related? :classic:

I'm not related to them(though sometimes I wish I were they are so cool!), but they are related to each other.

Excellent everyday life scene! The attention to detail is really noteworthy (snot, teeth etc) and i too find the palm tree idea rather good although i believe that either the trunk is too thick/symmetrical all the way to the top or it must be taller-bear more leaves. I mean this technique is really great but it isn't quite minifig scaled, unless you make that tree taller with more leaves (e.g. cost a fortune). But then it would really shine and the tree itself could easily be frontpaged

Some nice piece usage here! While the tree might not be realistic, I like the fact that you applied that technique for a new purpose and I think it turned out great!

Lovely scene!

That door looks really great, tree looks excellent and those teeth under the roof are a brilliant addition

Nice little scene. The building facade is good, especially the door and eaves. The fruits for sale and the pirate drinking in the cart are good features but the tree steals the show. The trunk looks pretty massive - making it taller with a larger canopy would be nice, but of course that takes parts... Good work.

Nice landscaping, story and building. A lot of stuff is going on, and the building looks very fitting for a colony, having some ornaments, but still being low and simple.

The palm-tree is nice too, although I think the trunk is a little too regular.

Well done!