Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[SR-FB1 Mar] La Oleon Class 3A

This is a Class 3A ship. She is captained by Ching Shih.

Previously:

Recruiting at Marco's

This Is Not the Wealthy Housing of Rassilon

Falling Out with Foxx

Cantu's Fort in Rassilon

The Viper

Jail Break!

Cantu's House

While Cantu was being robbed, Li Fang and his crew of miscreants were successfully defending a pirate convoy against the nefarious wiles of an Oleon privateer. The result was that Li Fang succeeded as a captain where his father had failed. He led his crew in the successful capture of a prize!

25741052700_352531682d_c.jpg

The La Oleon was quite the prize. Some of the crew from The Viper switched ships to help bring it into port at Rassilon. In port more crew were hired to help man the new ship.

25409122294_f90463f28f_c.jpg

25409119314_6cf2f388f0_c.jpg

Even though she was painted in Oleon's favorite blue, she flew the black proudly showing her new ownership.

25947397301_772a0f3b05_c.jpg

OoC: Please note that I did "recycle" much of my last ship to build this one. I changed the sloping on the sides of the hull, swapped the dark red tiles for blue, and changed the masts. As this was a ship I captured and not a "new" boat, I hope no one minds that I went this route. I don't plan on making this a habit, but with little time to build this month, I thought this would be an acceptable shortcut.

Quite the prize indeed! I love those furled sails, this is such a brilliant idea. Corrington captains all across the Brick Seas will be feeling a shudder of anxiety at this news...look out, Li Fang is coming!

Brick built sails are top notch and i also love the colors. The anchor is a beauty as well! But Oleon shipyards would have never built such a high hull-ed ship that is prone to capsize. It is surely a work of Corries!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a tall boat! Looks very nice though. I like the little lantern and that anchor is amazing

What kind of ship did you have in mind when you made it? The back overhangs a bit much and it seems a bit too tall. The connection of the bowsprit seems a bit strange (flimsy). The masts are also a bit tall for just a single yard. I think there is room for improvement here.