Master56

Gravel ship in LDD

Not sure if I use the correct decription in the topic (Gravel ship), so correct me if i'm wrong. Started this moc in LDD yesterday. Nearly satisfied now. Don't know what to do to make it better. Tips and tricks are welcome =)

This is a little earlier in the build seen from behind. Here I have one set of "rails" for the excavator to slide from the front to the back of the ship. Made the excavator after finding a similar mini excavator on youtube.

Baringt5.png

This is as much as I've done so far. Made opening hatches for the cargo/gravel room

Baringt7.png

Hatches opened... Mini excavator working =) I've made two sets of "rails". One for the hatches and one for the excavator.

Baringt8.png

Inpiration for the build

Rignator-_33__01.jpg

If you have any cool ideas for making the build better, I would like to hear it =)

At first my plan was to make a ship that would be in the right scale for minifigures, But during the build I found out It would have to be close to twice the size.... so gave that up =)

Edited by Master56

Wow, great model !

Can the escavatore move forward and backward ?

And just for curiosity, did you make also the interior of the cabin ?

Congratulation !

Wow, great model !

Can the escavatore move forward and backward ?

And just for curiosity, did you make also the interior of the cabin ?

Congratulation !

Thanks

Yes, the excavator can move left,right, backward and forward (and of course spin around 360 degrees). It's attached to "rails" and technic crossaxles which make this possible. There is no interiour in the cabin yet. The cabin floors is a bit small for minifigures. but I could adjust it to make room for a captain and his controlls :P

Made some changes today (254 extra bricks)

Baringt%20endring2.png

Baringt%20endring.png

I like the idea and the ship.

The excavator is a let down though,at this scale the all the technic buckets are out off scale.

You should consider modifying one of the "city" excavators.

I like the idea and the ship.

The excavator is a let down though,at this scale the all the technic buckets are out off scale.

You should consider modifying one of the "city" excavators.

Yeah, the excavator isn't very good looking, my thaught about the bucket was the same as yours. But for this build I choose playability and function in front of looks. And even a city scale excavator would get too big on the boat. I'm on the look for something better, but still haven't found anything suitable. Have found some great looking diggers, but they would get too big also... Give me a tip if you find something that would both look- and function good. I'm not a fan of the "new" parts that click in position when you bend them. It's just a too uneven movement... (sorry for bad english) :P

I did make this little excavator (I did have instructions but I may of deleted them) a while back it uses the old style finger joints.

I know it is too small but It may give you some inspiration,try searching Brickshelf.

KomatsuMiniDigger.jpg