Hi everyone. I wanted to make a new topic so we could talk about lego games we expect. What I expect is as follows:

Lego Batman 4 / The Lego Batman Movie Game

Lego Guardians of The Galaxy

Lego Justice League

2016: Doctor Who, The Simpsons

2017: Pirates of the Caribbean (Dead Men Tell No Tales and cutdown versions of the first four films now with voice dialogue), Guardians of the Galaxy (Volume 1 and Volume 2)

2018: Toy Story, The LEGO Movie Videogame 2 (The LEGO Batman Movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie and The LEGO Movie 2, although they'll probably take the daft option and release separate videogames for the LEGO Batman and Ninjago movies).

2016: Doctor Who, The Simpsons

2017: Pirates of the Caribbean (Dead Men Tell No Tales and cutdown versions of the first four films now with voice dialogue), Guardians of the Galaxy (Volume 1 and Volume 2)

2018: Toy Story, The LEGO Movie Videogame 2 (The LEGO Batman Movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie and The LEGO Movie 2, although they'll probably take the daft option and release separate videogames for the LEGO Batman and Ninjago movies).

I don't see why it'd be "daft" to have separate games for the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies, considering that apart from being about Lego and ostensibly taking place in the same universe, the two probably have very little in common (featuring completely different characters, settings, and stories). Also, both videogames could easily be padded with content that wasn't in the movies themselves (Ninjago in particular has never had a full console game focused specifically on it, and could potentially integrate a lot of content from past years of sets and story).

Part of me hopes that we might see larger games based on Nexo Knights, Bionicle, and Elves, which have so far only had mobile games since their launch. Or failing that, at least inclusion in Lego Dimensions.

Also, one thing I've been wondering... why haven't we seen any sort of Lego Disney Princess game? We haven't even seen a mobile or handheld game like Lego Friends got, and there'd easily be enough content between all those movies to create a full console game if Lego and TT Games so desired.

I don't see why it'd be "daft" to have separate games for the Lego Batman and Ninjago movies, considering that apart from being about Lego and ostensibly taking place in the same universe, the two probably have very little in common (featuring completely different characters, settings, and stories). Also, both videogames could easily be padded with content that wasn't in the movies themselves (Ninjago in particular has never had a full console game focused specifically on it, and could potentially integrate a lot of content from past years of sets and story).

Actually, The LEGO Ninjago Movie sounds like a separate entity from the previous Ninjago stuff and so a game would likely be stripped down a little like The LEGO Movie one. The LEGO Batman Movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie and The LEGO Movie 2 all being a part of the same universe is enough of a reason to have them in one game - see LEGO Marvel's Avengers.

Also, one thing I've been wondering... why haven't we seen any sort of Lego Disney Princess game? We haven't even seen a mobile or handheld game like Lego Friends got, and there'd easily be enough content between all those movies to create a full console game if Lego and TT Games so desired.

If it was based on the Walt Disney and Post-Walt Disney (in the case of Aladdin) films, they could have two separate games called LEGO Walt Disney Classics and LEGO Walt Disney Classics 2.

Actually, The LEGO Ninjago Movie sounds like a separate entity from the previous Ninjago stuff and so a game would likely be stripped down a little like The LEGO Movie one. The LEGO Batman Movie, The LEGO Ninjago Movie and The LEGO Movie 2 all being a part of the same universe is enough of a reason to have them in one game - see LEGO Marvel's Avengers.

Oh, I'm sure that the Ninjago Movie might be a separate entity from earlier Ninjago stuff. But it will probably have the same characters (at least, as far as the heroes are concerned) and it would not be that abnormal to bring in some characters, vehicles, etc. from previous years even if they are tangential to the main story.

As for your Avengers comparison, I don't know if it's the best. Even if characters from both The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie appear in The Lego Movie 2, I don't really expect any of the characters from Lego Batman to appear in Lego Ninjago and vice versa. Apart from the crossover potential in The Lego Movie 2, the Ninjago and Batman movies don't really have anything tying them together. Contrast Avengers, where even when completely different characters are used, the stories are still tied together somewhat both in terms of continuity (with shared characters like Nick Fury and events of one movie directly influencing the others), and in terms of subject matter (while Marvel's movies play with genre they're still pretty much all superhero movies of one sort or another).

If it was based on the Walt Disney and Post-Walt Disney (in the case of Aladdin) films, they could have two separate games called LEGO Walt Disney Classics and LEGO Walt Disney Classics 2.

Personally I was thinking specifically about the Disney Princess theme, which may have its faults but has significantly more brand power and a lot more sets to base a game on. I imagine part of the reason there hasn't been such a game is gender expectations (with very few games aimed specifically at girls), but I do think there'd be potential in a TT Games take on those movies. Imagine the scene in Frozen where Elsa constructs her castle, only she has to actually build it with bricks from the environment! Imagine having to actually find the items necessary to get Cinderella to the ball, and assemble them into a fancy ballgown and pumpkin coach! It could definitely have potential, and probably would have more thematic connections than a game based on Disney movies in general. Sadly, I don't think the Lego Friends game was all that successful, so another game based on a mini-doll theme might be too much to hope for...

Personally I was thinking specifically about the Disney Princess theme, which may have its faults but has significantly more brand power and a lot more sets to base a game on. I imagine part of the reason there hasn't been such a game is gender expectations (with very few games aimed specifically at girls), but I do think there'd be potential in a TT Games take on those movies. Imagine the scene in Frozen where Elsa constructs her castle, only she has to actually build it with bricks from the environment! Imagine having to actually find the items necessary to get Cinderella to the ball, and assemble them into a fancy ballgown and pumpkin coach! It could definitely have potential, and probably would have more thematic connections than a game based on Disney movies in general. Sadly, I don't think the Lego Friends game was all that successful, so another game based on a mini-doll theme might be too much to hope for...

That's exactly why I think it would have to be LEGO Walt Disney Classics. I also don't think a game based only on the princesses would have enough content, whereas if it was called LEGO Walt Disney Classics they could bring in the likes of The Jungle Book, Alice In Wonderland and Lady And The Tramp whilst in the process solving the gender problem.

That's exactly why I think it would have to be LEGO Walt Disney Classics. I also don't think a game based only on the princesses would have enough content, whereas if it was called LEGO Walt Disney Classics they could bring in the likes of The Jungle Book, Alice In Wonderland and Lady And The Tramp whilst in the process solving the gender problem.

This sounds a lot like a LEGO Kingdom Hearts :drool:

I really would love to have a LEGO Toy Story those were the videogames I grew up on and I would love to have LEGO one!

I really would love to have a LEGO Toy Story those were the videogames I grew up on and I would love to have LEGO one!

I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. The Toy Story series would be perfect for a LEGO game; the only thing is, the hub world would be limited (what could you have apart from Andy and Bonnie's rooms?). I wouldn't be surprised if one comes out to tie in with the fourth film.

2016: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Lego Ghostbusters

2017: Lego Batman Movie, Lego Star Wars: Rogue One, Lego Ninjago Movie

2018: Lego Star Wars: Episode 8, Lego Marvel Avengers 2(Ant-Man, Civil War, Doctor Strange, Spider-Man), Lego Movie 2

Edited by Savage Oppress

2019: LEGO Indiana Jones 3

(I know it's outside the date range given in the title, but it fits the thread otherwise)

2019: LEGO Indiana Jones 3

(I know it's outside the date range given in the title, but it fits the thread otherwise)

Yes! And maybe we could even get some bonus levels based off the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

I'm expecting another Marvel Avengers game in 2018 that will surely cover the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe revealed in Phase 3, terrestrial and extra-terrestrial. As for next year, The Lego Batman Movie video game seems highly likely, especially given all of the new character variants. A Lego Movie 2 game seems likely, but outside of a hand-held release I'm not so sure about Ninjago, as that has been the norm.

I'm expecting another Marvel Avengers game in 2018 that will surely cover the greater Marvel Cinematic Universe revealed in Phase 3, terrestrial and extra-terrestrial. As for next year, The Lego Batman Movie video game seems highly likely, especially given all of the new character variants. A Lego Movie 2 game seems likely, but outside of a hand-held release I'm not so sure about Ninjago, as that has been the norm.

Keep in mind that while handheld releases for Ninjago have been the norm, so have multiplatform video games for theatrical movie releases. The Ninjago movie will give the theme a much higher profile than it's ever had even as a highly successful cartoon on TV, and as such there would probably be no better time for the series to make the jump to home consoles.

2016 - LEGO Marvel Avengers, LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens, LEGO Ghostbusters (maybe??)

2017 - LEGO Doctor Who, LEGO Harry Potter: The Complete Saga, LEGO Batman Movie, LEGO Ninjago Movie

2018 - LEGO Pirates 2, LEGO Movie 2, LEGO Marvel's Avengers 2

2019 - LEGO Indiana Jones 3, LEGO Harry Potter 3: Fantastic Beasts and where to find them, LEGO Star Wars: The Whole Saga

I'd love it if there a LEGO game of either: Chronicles Of Narnia, Night At The Museum, X-MEN, How To Train Your Dragon, Terminator, Madagascar, Ben 10, Kung Fu Panda, Lilo & Stitch or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Any of those would be Awesome

I definitely expect a DCEU game around the time of Justice League, but everything else I'd normally expect seems to be caught up in Dimensions, which is kind of a shame, as it means they won't get their own games.

On 3/28/2016 at 0:50 PM, Tariq j said:

Yes! And maybe we could even get some bonus levels based off the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

Huh - I thought I'd responded to this earlier, but I guess not...

Anyway, speaking for myself, I would dearly love some LEGO game material based on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. That would be almost as wonderful as actual LEGO sets based on the series (as well as more sets based on the feature films).

It's nice to be able to note the 2008-2009 LEGO Indy line, while lacking any actual sets based on the show, did at least feature a couple subtle acknowledgements of it in the ancillary material. The first version of LEGO's website for the theme originally featured a brief bio of Indy that included a brief mention of events from his youth that were covered in the show. And the soundtracks of the LEGO Indiana Jones videogames utilize not just (mostly) music from the scores for the films, but also music from the scores for various episodes of the show.

Updated expectation: The Lego Ninjago Movie game. Unlike TLBatmanM, which will be in Dimensions, TLNM seems unlikely for dimensions, as so many characters are already in there. Since the theme has been ongoing for many years now, it is ripe for characters (nowadays I doubt you could get a new game without 100+ characters since they all have so many in the current games), and wouldn't be that far-fetched either.

Sets from the Young Indy line would be amazing. And even better if they could fill in the gaps from the original films like the Grail Temple and Tank Chase.

But in regards to Video Games, seeing what Lego did with The Force Awakens I would love to see a remastered Indy game with dialogue from the films inserted into the cutscenes and levels.

Speaking of Star Wars, I think a Rogue One game would be a really good addition to the line.

I think an X-men game covering all 9 films including the upcoming Logan, a Cronicles Of Narnia Game and also a toy story game too.

2 hours ago, G-Dog said:

I think an X-men game covering all 9 films including the upcoming Logan, a Cronicles Of Narnia Game and also a toy story game too.

The X-Men game isn't going to happen (at least not the way you describe), because Lego's licensing agreement for the Marvel Super Heroes theme is with Marvel/Disney, not Fox (which produced all of the X-Men movies). Chronicles of Narnia probably won't happen unless Lego obtains the license for the next installment of the movie franchise, whenever that may be. Toy Story, on the other hand, could very easily happen when Toy Story 4 comes out (though that isn't until 2019).

Warning: This will be full speculation and fanboyism please remain calm

Meh: Star Wars IV: The Yoda Chronicles, Star Wars I - 3 remake, Star Wars 4 - 6 remake, X-Men, Rogue One, Star Wars VIII, Batman 4 (maybe based on LEGO Batman: The Movie?), Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Who, Superman, Superman 2, Overwatch, School, Empire, Ghostbusters, MCU ultimate experience, Spiderman

Warning #2: Now because I'm super bored I'm about to go in depth into all of them. They will also be in parts (Summer 2018, Autumn 2018, Winter 2018 etc.

Summer 2018:

LEGO Rogue One (a LEGO version of Star Wars: Rogue One)

LEGO Doctor Who ( a LEGO adaptation of key parts of Doctor Who)

LEGO Ghostbusters (a LEGO adaptation of ghostbusters)

Autumn 2018:

LEGO Star Wars 4-6 remake (must... upgrade... graphics!!!!)

LEGO Superman (he deserves the Batman treatment)

LEGO Spiderman (Spidermen beating up Spiderman villains)

Spring 2018:

LEGO X-Men (Lego Marvel Superheros style)

LEGO Overwatch (It's so popular, we need a game w/ a story line)

LEGO School (about guess what... school!)

Summer 2018/2019:

LEGO Star Wars VIII (plzzzzzzzz no 'where to build' option it drives me crazy, it's satisfying not having the option)

LEGO Batman 4 (What craziness will TT games bring on next?)

LEGO MCU ultimate experience (levels based on the enitre MCU phase 1-3, so heaps of levels basically)

Autumn 2019:

LEGO Star Wars 1-3 remake (better graphics all around)

LEGO Guardians of the Galaxy (Guardians of the Galaxy 1+2 and maybe parts of Avengers 3?)

LEGO Empire (go on epic missions to gather gold bricks to expand your empire)

Winter 2019:

LEGO Superman 2 ( a remake, with more character diversity like they did with Batman)

LEGO Star Wars IV: The Yoda Chronicles (remember that series? Let's go with that)

Writers Note: Sorry that this got so long and speculative, I just got bored and a bit carried away with the speculation!

Edited by LAGO