ust60

My new steam locomotive

Hello friends of Lego Train,

my English is not good. I use a translation program. The locomotive which I would imagine has, mate Emanuele aka LEGO Train 12 Volts already presented 26 May, 2013.

Manueles BR 53

http://www.eurobrick...hl=+train +br53

br53-003-023.jpg

br53-003-024.jpg

br01-1075-010.jpg

Also colleague Michael H. alias " Montour " has a BR 53 built in 2007

http://www.brickshel....cgi?f=266360��

04.jpg

37.jpg

It is the BR 53, an extra heavy Kriegslok (Warlock). This steam locomotive to be built 1943rd It is a phantom. From their models exist in 1 to 87 (Marklin Rocco Fleischman or Trix) but all models correspond only to the imagination of the builders.

There is no picture of the BR 53, no plan, no nothing, it is a phantom. Supposedly it should should a locomotive with almost 3,000 hp be, which can carry a freight train carrying 1,700 tons of load on a slope of 8 ‰ in a curve of 360 m radius of 20 km / h. The speed limit should be at least 80 km / h.

Length over buffers..............................27350 mm

service weight.......................................ca. 140 to

Water box contents.....................................35 m³

Fuel supply (coal)........................................15 to

steam boiler diameter .................2000- 2200 mm

Trix Modell

530009trix.jpg

Märklin Modell

53_Ma33021.jpg

Ein Bild einer BR 52 aus dem Jahre 1953 mit Kondensator Tender aus Wikipediea

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fil…_Rail_007_Altenbechen.jpg

DtrgN3zl.jpg

Ebenfalls aus Wikipediea

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kondensa…Kondenstender_52_1972.jpg

jkixHJXl.jpg

Too much text, images from my BR 53

k5cgoAJl.jpg

UKqz7MJl.jpg

cx0JlDTl.jpg

71iYzDGl.jpg

mlZpNwkl.jpg

nnjzATpl.jpg

zKnTHKul.jpg

4ZAChl3l.jpg

f2VwMqGl.jpg

OPdRLxSl.jpg

V9o56P6l.jpg

Whether my monster, with a length of almost 92 cm (115 nups) can also drive curves ??? And also comes through switches ??? Look at yourself to YouTube.

the end of the video, it is a bit faster

I hope you enjoyed fun on reading

Yours sincerely Udo

Hey Udo,

your skills are grew up and this steam engine looks amazing! :wub:

I love to see your BR53 and I'm glad to be your inspiration. :blush:

The video really rocks me! :thumbup: :thumbup:

During the next days I will post my last steam engine ...it would be nice to see two BR for Easter! :laugh:

Hi Udo,

Congratulations, a fantastic build. Great work getting all the rods connected up, look so much like the real thing!

Have to ask, which motors are you using and how did you get 9V power in? Is pickups from the tender or somewhere else?

What a beauty !

We didn't have such large steam engines in Australia that Im aware of.

Im not an expert on steam trains but Ive never seen a louvred tender locally - what is its purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Yogi

What a beauty !

We didn't have such large steam engines in Australia that Im aware of.

Im not an expert on steam trains but Ive never seen a louvred tender locally - what is its purpose ?

Thanks in advance

Yogi

the condensing tenders were used to recover water. The steam from the funnel is transferred back to the tender where giant radiators cool the steam down. (the steam becomes water when cold), the water then gets back into the water tank and the locomotive now has more water. The main purpose for this was to extend the range the locomotive could drive.

I thank you for your kind comments. Old known names among them.

A question alias THERIZE has already answered. Capacitor Tender was an invention of the Second World War. The water was recovered. By condensing the vapor. This had two important advantages. A.) Greater range between the accommodating water. (Water tower, wells) B.) For combat aircraft of the Allies. Was at a great distance. A locomotive without thick clouds of steam. much inferior to see.

The drive for the locomotive. An old 9-volt motor. and a 88002 under the Tender. the old 9-volt motor is of the pantograph. In the boiler of the locomotive. I wanted to install four 8883 M engines. but the Oval Smoke Stack (chimney) goes very deep into the boiler. there is only room for three 8883 M engines.

I need to build for the locomotive freight wagons. have additional own engines. Too many wheels, gears and friction (friction resistance) My BR 53 does not have 3000 hp.

Yours sincerely Udo

Beautiful, and great work on the running gear. I still do not know why we did not have condensing locomotives in Australia. it would make sense to me and I understand they worked well in a similar climate in South Africa.

Do you have a train in mind for this beauty to pull?

Rob (Canvas Rails)

thanks again for your kind comments. What will pulling the BR 53? Now the BR 53 was intended as a "workhorse", freight wagons they would pull. She was, (as far as I know) no plans for persons or fast traffic.

The speed limit shoulderstand be at least 80 km / h. Allegedly, de locomotive shouldhave nearly 3,000 hp, and can pull a freight train carrying 1,700 tons of load on a slope of 8 ‰

Yours sincerely Udo

Hello friends of Lego Railway

learned today how to here, uploads a video in the forum. Therefore again a video of my BR 53. Have fun by watching.

Yours sincerely Udo

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet. This is a very lovely locomotive. Great work.

Cale

Hello alias Cale

that you like my BR 23, is very special for me. I am very pleased. I know many of your works, (your Flickr page) and appreciate your models very.

Yours sincerely Udo

When I wanted to BR 53 Building, I had only two important points in mind.

1) You should, despite their large, can also go through to small Lego curves.

2) You should be able to drive over turnouts.

About the power that should have it, I've made to no time thinking.

Video 2/3

Video 3/3