SilentWolf

[COR - FB1] Selling the best steeds

Charles was a man of meticulous detail. He kept detailed records of every horse owned by Lord Alexander of Wolfhaven. These records enabled him to decide which was the best combinations of stallions and mares to breed to get the perfect horses. Some horses were bred for calmness in order to be ridden by children or women. Others were bred for strength in order to pull plows and wagons. These horses are coming into high demand in the new settlements. Recently, though they had been increasing their efforts to breed war horses. The goal is to create a horse that is steady on its feet and that exhibits the courage that prevents them from scaring amid battle sounds and smells. They will be very valuable should they encounter a hostile nation behind the line or if their becomes a conflict with former enemies.

The main office has become established in Arlinsport on Amelia street a few blocks down from the Coyle Shipping Company. The Arlinsport location was chosen due to the vastness of land nearby enabling them to raise their horses. Today Charles has a customer in the office who is looking to buy a good pair of plow horses. His young apprentice, Gregory, was sent up to find the records for the pair that the customer was considering to buy.

They were in the middle of their transaction when a messenger entered bearing a letter addressed to Micah of Wolfhaven, the son of Lord Alexander. When he was informed that Micah was not yet at the office this morning, he demanded that it must be delivered to Micah at once. The letter's seal also begged for urgency in delivery. Gregory was immediately tasked with running the letter next door to the home that Micah resided in when he was in town.

See this thread to follow the story: Time at Home

If you wish to review any of the back story: Backstory

25868885756_73d4294a08_c.jpgSAM_7217

25894786055_f6c6ddb32f_c.jpgSAM_7221

25868883736_90ee16e19a_z.jpgSAM_7222

25594223420_e14402c742_z.jpgSAM_7223

25799827921_b997d777dd_c.jpgSAM_7224

25894710885_ebf6a42f2e_c.jpgSAM_7225

A street view.

25730769840_caf82bd5d2_z.jpgSAM_7229 (2)

Closeup at my furniture attempts.

25799738111_724b1840bd_c.jpgSAM_7233

Edited by SilentWolf

Nice and colorful house! The furniture is pretty neat too! :thumbup:

My opinion, but I don't really like the white stripes. What I do like though, are the interior and the roof! Great job!

That house looks really outlandish!

Furniture is great too; looks like it came from Ikea :D

Looooool!!!!! Indeed! That was my thought too! But i am quite fond of that house as the outside (and the roof and the street) are to my liking! Regarding the furniture, i like everything but the cupboards that i believe they should either be black as well or even better (wooden) brownish to keep up with the trend of these days, because gray looks a tad too modern for that era. Keep up building and breed some horses for us LEGO animal lovers (i wrote it in a good way)!

I like about the building that it looks like classic 80ies lego sets, but also is recognizable as brickwork house. Good job on the interior also!

I like about the building that it looks like classic 80ies lego sets, but also is recognizable as brickwork house. Good job on the interior also!

I was trying to create the brick and mortar look. It ended up being a little weird looking as people have noted so if I do it again I need to find a different way to do it. I agree that it turned out looking like a classic Lego.

This is a unique and memorable design. It does have a classic look, but I kinda like the white stripes even if they don't quite demonstrate the intended technique fully. The facade is nice and the interior turned out well. :classic: