Sign in to follow this  
Tezclatipoca

[Esl - FB1 March - Ship] : La Espada

Felipe de la Manzana, after an excellent trade run, (see here for more informations) sent a letter to Lord Smaugton in order to hire scientists to study the Ténotclaxcans myths and legends.

He was still hoping to find a clue concerning the Golden Apple with these stories.

It was also the occasion to meet and help a new MAESTRO fisherman who wanted to settle his activity in Cocovia, the Quinnsville island, because of the known abundance of Swordfish.

Felipe head sail to Quinnsville.

Arriving around Cocovia, he saw his new friend, Captain Santiago.

His reputation of a lucky man was true as he was already at work to catch a splendid Marlin !

25873471622_dd2a079a35_z.jpg

25873470492_e4b0f907e2_z.jpg

The fish fought well, but the two men in their bright new skiff, La Espada, managed to kill the Marlin.

The fish was bound to a hook alongside the boat and brought to the port.

25994253765_a9211d1f94_z.jpg

Santiago was awared that sharks could be a threat and tryed to eat his catch. He protected his Marlin firing at those predators with his flintlock pistol. A game that he his good at...

25873467582_915090d7d3_z.jpg

Seeing that fish party, Felipe was happy to see that MAESTRO's investment in La Espada of Captain Santiago was an excellent idea.

He decided to meet the young lucky captain to help him develop his fishing wharf in Quinnsville, Cocovia.

“Luck is a thing that comes in many forms and who can recognize her?” Ernest Hemingway, The old man and the sea.

This little fishing boat is a Class 0 ship (Skiff) I am licensing with Captain Santiago in command.

Of course, the fishing party and the captain name are an Homage to Hemingway text. Though, I decided to choose a younger captain for story purpose.

I tryed another hull technique, but the sails are not custom sails, they are old official LEGO sails. I hope you will like this little skiff.

Nice little ship Faladrin, but what really stands out here is your brickbuilt fishing rod - brilliant use of that lance piece! pirate_satisfied.gif The use of that net here is excellent as well, and good job with the minifigs and their poses! pirate_classic.gif Even if this isn't your third freebuild, here's a :thumbup: for you! pirate_wink.gif

Damn you shark! Neat boat. It's nice to see some every day activity like fishing. :thumbup:

It is really nice to see that even in these small ratings, we see a lot of diversity. The rigging is pretty good, and I like all the action going on.

Happy to see class 0 get some love!