legolifty

Working Elevator

Hi all, Its not exactly a city but its a building you put into a city.. I've been working on it for a fair while now, mostly its just the elevator shaft with some of the buildings first floor complete, I hope to get this around 10 stories tall fully furnished with offices and conference rooms etc. It works really well the doors are electric and are a copy of how a real elevator works.. as close as i could get it anyway. Its roped like a real elevator and has a counterweight (which still needs more weight in it, I am waiting on 5 more boat weights to even it out).

I'm planning on putting a mindstorm colour sensor into the elevator to get it to stop at the right spot at every level.. I've never used the mindstorm gear so I'd love to know if anyone has any ideas on this and I'm also trying to work out a way to incorporate call buttons without putting a push sensor at every level.. Ideas would be appreciated! I dont want to go out and buy an entire mindstorm set unless I know its going to help..

Anyway thats my "city" lol, thanks for your time:)

Here's a vid of the elevator being built, enjoy!

Trav.

Edited by legolifty

That opening door is amazing! But I was wondering- it seems very space-intensive. Is there any way to reduce the amount of space it requires?

That opening door is amazing! But I was wondering- it seems very space-intensive. Is there any way to reduce the amount of space it requires?

Thanks!! :laugh:

I'm sure you could make it alot smaller,its built as close to a real elevator as possible, it needed to be 16 studs wide to get the door opener working like it is. Also there is a counterweight inside the shaft which you cant see.

The first design was almost half the width but it didn't have a door opener and it was no where near as cool :tongue:

This is really awesome! As long as you have the space for it, I don't think the size is an issue. It seems quite accurate in regards to size.

I look forward to seeing more of your stuff!

Love it.

Cool feature with the counterweight and opening door, and smart use of the light to indicate the elevator is at the floor. Only issue there, is that you have brick-separations right at the light, so you can see the movement up and down. Smalle detail, but.. ;-)

Will love to see some design details when you feel for it :-)

thank you all!

Yes I hate the light coming through! I should get rid of that, I'm sure it wont be too hard, the only problem is I would have to pull it all apart to repair it lol... but when I find a few things to fix I will sort it out!