Sign in to follow this  
MassEditor

Spring Tidings

Spring is a beautiful season in many parts of Historica. After the bleakness of winter, the lands are again inundated in color and life. Below, Avalonian villagers tend to their budding gardens under the shade of an old oak tree.

25385119533_66ff41c574_c.jpgSpring Tribute

A few other shots:

25385119523_e80be087fc_c.jpgSpring back

25385119503_76a29e02cd_z.jpgSpring2

25385119473_5374aee32e_z.jpgSpring3

But spring is not just the herald of flowers and vitality - the changing of the season also marks the traditional start of military campaigns. Below, a swift rider travels through the village gardens on his way to other lands. His haste, as well as the Nocturnian military banner he bore, indicate the importance of his mission. Spring does not bring tidings of peace in all the lands of Historica...

25893132522_cf9bd90ab8_z.jpgrider

-----------------------------------------

Hey guys! I whipped up this Spring build just for the occasion (expect for those of you in the southern hemisphere :devil: ). It's been a long, bleak winter and the warmer weather has got me building again. Excuse my foray into Avalonia, but I've been in need of greener environments. The reason for that will hopefully soon become clear!

Edited by MassEditor

I already admired this on Flickr. The tree looks very nice and the landscaping around it is simply beautiful. The springlike atmosphere you created is fantastic.

I also adore how you put foilage in the whole build, but let small spots open so that we can still se all the work you put in the ground.

Keep it on!

Months of unexcused absence and the first thing you come up with is Avalonian tree hugging?! Serious?

Naaa, just kidding. Of course I like it! But I definitely love the fact that you're back! Hopefully just in time to save such peaceful green idylls from the fires of war.

:wub: :wub: Such a beautiful scene, so inviting and peaceful. The round base looks wonderful, and I love the paths leading through the grasses, and tree atop the hill :thumbup:

Inspiring!

So glad to see you back to building, ME! :excited:

The tree is fantastic, I love the combination of green and bright green leaves :wub: And the fig posing and dense foliage are superb as well :thumbup:

Edited by LittleJohn

As I said on Flickr, this is a really pretty build! I love the inviting greenery, and the flowers add such a beautiful dash of color! The minifigures going about their springtime work (or play) add a great touch and the entire scene looks very inviting! :thumbup:

Beautiful build MassEditor, the lush vegetation is all spot-on, and the tree is superb as well! :wub: I really love the way you wove that stone wall and the rock-work into the build, and the minifig activity is very real and well done! Glad to have you back!

Welcome back ME :) Amazing folliage... Can't wait for your next builds :wink:

Wonderful greenery! Looking forward to spring, but it's still a month or two away here up north :sceptic: Like the shape of the tree, and that you have sections in the greenery. Looking forward to what comes next!

Thanks everyone!

Marvelous build.....and glad to see you active again!

Thanks Kayne! Same to you!

Months of unexcused absence and the first thing you come up with is Avalonian tree hugging?! Serious?

Naaa, just kidding. Of course I like it! But I definitely love the fact that you're back! Hopefully just in time to save such peaceful green idylls from the fires of war.

Haha, I know, I know! I was half hoping I could block this so only non-Nocturnus folks could see it! Don't worry my friend, I hope to make up for it soon!

Edited by MassEditor

Lovely spring feeling! And great to have you back here in GoH!

The amount of foliage is almost what I would expect to have developed well into the summer, but all the light green saves the spring look :classic:

A bit too early here on Mitgardian latitudes in central Scandinavia, but at least the snow is mostly gone now here as well.