We need more violet :devil: And as others said blue, maybe a model with all 3 shades of blue, medium normal and dark would be nice. I can iamgine for example a car staring with medium blue on hood, going to normal and ending the rear with dark blue. And some shades of orange lines to top it off.

You mean lilac?

I think you are trying to impress someone.... :tongue::snicker::head_back::innocent:

I bought the whole set of blue panels that came with the blue F1 car years back ... not likely to see an MOC with those, as they're not too common

I bought the whole set of blue panels that came with the blue F1 car years back ... not likely to see an MOC with those, as they're not too common

011.jpg

800x598.jpg

I have also found a liking for white. The panels have become a significant part of the cost of the sets so it's good to find a use for most of them.

Having bought quite a few Cargo Planes 42025 and Fire Planes 42040, I have been building a jet engine fan system, some Space structures in the Futuron theme for my monorail layout and also a moving BB-8 droid.

Mark

Maybe off topic but, I like that custom-made monorail. Care to tell a bit more?

Edited by DrJB

MOC colors will always stay behind of set colors. We see that now with white, which has been replenished in the last few years. There're parts in white that aren't available even in yellow, for example the very useful 2 x 0.5 beam.

Orange is available for a while now, but it's not prevalent enough yet to see many orange MOCs. 42038 has been a great help though, and I'm beginning to get a supply usable for MOCing. (Expect a MOC by me soon that uses orange.)

We have seen bright green recently come up in a set - it will take a while, if ever, to see it occur frequently in MOCs. I love the color, and am currently using it on a truck. This is a challenge with only three beam lengths available.

Same goes for regular green. There's still gaps in the supply of green beams.

Dark blue also has only been used in one set (not counting the record breaker pullback set), which is also too few to see it return in MOCs.

More recently, medium azure has come up - I'm curious to see what people will do with the few parts in that color.

Another set of colors we rarely see for supercars, is gray and dark gray. It's understandable, as it's not very flashy, but we have seen a few gray and dark-gray off-road vehicles.

Edited by Erik Leppen

Orange is available for a while now, but it's not prevalent enough yet to see many orange MOCs. 42038 has been a great help though, and I'm beginning to get a supply usable for MOCing. (Expect a MOC by me soon that uses orange.)

The problem with orange is still the scarcity of 5L, 9L, and 11L liftarms. They exist but are impossible to find. These are common sizes that are hard to do without.

Since I posted the photos of the black and red cars, I guess it is time for yellow!

800x532.jpg

800x532.jpg

I'll post some photos of white when I finish building them.

I can see what used to a be a Murcielago in that BMW.

Yes you can!

also in yellow :wink:

Ah yes, I had both of those yellow cars at one point but I had to sacrifice them for parts for other yellow models.

After posting red, black, and yellow, it is finally time to get to the original topic of this thread: white!

800x532.jpg

800x532.jpg

More pictures at my Bricksafe:

Is the one in the first picture on far left the Aventador with 41999 wheels?

Never mind, after looking on your bricksafe pictures I could see it was. It looks better with the black pieces on the wheels rather than white.

Nice collection!

Edited by technic_addict

Holy cow Blakbird..... too bad BL doesn't reward points or something. I swear you would have collected enough to buy a country or something......

Oh wow...

As an aside, I have been trying to make a major MOC for a while now using the dark blue 41999 parts. I really hope that color being used in 42055 is a sign that that color might become more common. But, colors like that are still mostly accent colors, due to limited amounts of parts. Although, I have seen some vehicles in metallic silver, which is arguably even more uncommon.

Yeah, I also find that white is becoming very popular. Start collecting the parts...

I am not really fond of red, maybe because it's so common. White is fine and very available, same goes for black. But I would prefer white over black for showcasing small nuances and details in body design, black eats some details up. There is also a fair share of yellow cars as well.

I am really hoping for more MOCs in less traditional colors but there are always some crucial parts lacking:

• orange - a lot of parts available but some often used liftarms are very rare and 64681/64393 panels are non-existent (those are used pretty much in every MOC I was interested in building), also no flex axles
  • blue - some parts available, some extremely rare and some only in different shade of blue (dark blue / medium blue) - even after seeing those two blue cars, the only one I like in blue is Francisco Hartleys Pagani Huayra
  • green - same as blue I would say

I am still waiting on some news on that new Porsche, crossing my fingers for purple :)

Here is my Lego garage, my aim is to have as much (color) diversity as possible - hope you don't mind posting this image in your thread:

0oV57GK.jpg

Edited by filuS

What's the blue one in the first row?

I was wondering the same thing. That thing doesn't have instructions, does it?

I'm guessing maybe a Lamborghini?

Edited by Kman860

blue - some parts available, some extremely rare and some only in different shade of blue (dark blue / medium blue) - even after seeing those two blue cars, the only one I like in blue is Francisco Hartleys Pagani Huayra

Here is my Lego garage, my aim is to have as much (color) diversity as possible - hope you don't mind posting this image in your thread:

Big respect, that you somehow have managed to recreate the Pagani (only from low resolution pictures??)! As far as I know there are no instructions available from Francesco Hartley and he usually doesn´t respond to such kind of inquiries.