Vader

7669 Anakin's Starfighter Review.

So are you ready?

I'm guessing you are so here goes! Today i scored big and got the new Starfighter, below is alot of pics of it's construction.

I'll update it with new pics over the next few hours, so enjoy.

First the instruction booklet.

dscn0861.jpg

So here is the new Anakin, pretty sweet fig if you ask me and the hair is just great.

2.jpg

First shot of the fighters base.

3.jpg

Under side.

4.jpg

A bit more of the base.

5.jpg

Base length of the fighter, as you can see it's a pretty easy build.

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I really like the yellow rounded plate, seems to fit nicely.

9.jpg

The slopes really make this fighter sleeker.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Underside of the ship, here you can see the landing feet.

13.jpg

So what's this? well this is the first part of the device that allows R2-D2 to pop out of the ship.

14.jpg

15.jpg

The device attached.

16.jpg

A top view.

17.jpg

First underside of wing shot.

18.jpg

Built up shot, in this shot you can see the missiles. These are held in place and thankfully don't fall out when turned over.

19.jpg

Other side of the wing.

20.jpg

Starfighter underside with wings attached.

21.jpg

And the top side.

22.jpg

Reverse view.

23.jpg

Final top view with the windscreen and R2.

24.jpg

Final side view of completed fighter, at the back of the ship you will see a trans blue cone. This cone when pushed makes R2 pop out of the ship.

25.jpg

Ok so that's the pics out of the way, so i'll add my thoughts. This set is great and i am glad that i bought it, when i first viewed the set pics i wasn't going to buy it but im glad i did.

The R2-D2 pop out device isn't great, but hey at least it adds a little something new to the set and i would rather have this then some damn stupid missile shooting device.

The ship itself is also very well put together and sturdy, unlike the older obi wan one. I can see alot of custom ships based on this design being made over the next few months.

Well that's the end for now, requests are welcome for other pics and i'm happy to answer questions.

WOW!

This is great!

Not envy at all.

Looking forward to the complete review.

Hurry up Vader!

-Ras-

WOW!

This is great!

Not envy at all.

Looking forward to the complete review.

Hurry up Vader!

-Ras-

I'm going as fast as i can mate X-D

The Anakin is cool, but the eyes make him look to cartoony, which is probably what they ment to do, but I think he won't fit in with the other minifigs...

Whoa. This set looks awesome! Even though I'm still having to get used to R2D2 sitting up in the front like that, this one looks like a real winner. The minifig resembles the Clone Wars Anakin dead on, especially the hair! I definitely can't wait to see the other sets that the Clone Wars series brings us! Thanks for the photos, Vader!

Thanks for that fine review, Vader. *y*

Hmm, that thing looks better than I expected.... I don

I'm going as fast as i can mate X-D
Thank you *vader*

So I don`t like the new mini-figs.

I think the design needs a bit of work... as always...

Like Obis JSF design better.

Will definatley wait and see what it will look like in the comming comic.

Anyone knows when it is supposed to air by the way?

But it is a must have set.

So is there any more (Indy, more SW) surprises you found today, or you are just holding it back my Lord?

-Ras-

So is there any more (Indy, more SW) surprises you found today, or you are just holding it back my Lord?

-Ras-

No more new sets for now mate, if only everyday could be like today X-D

Great score mr *vader*!! And a nice review even though some members were rushing you on, cough Ras cough!

I for one like the cartoonish look of Anakin. Maybe because I love the Clone Wars series *wub* . And a new hairpiece is always welcome.

The ship itself looks ok, not up to our AFOL expectations of course. So it will be modded after I see the "real" one on the show.

So keep them reviews of new stuff coming *wub*!

Clone Wars On

copmike

Wow, it looks really great *sweet*

Thnx for the review ;-)

One question though.... it is the same size as Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter from AOTC, or smaller ?

It looks smaller to me.... :-/ (which I hope it is...)

One question though.... it is the same size as Obi Wan's Jedi Starfighter from AOTC, or smaller ?

It looks smaller to me.... :-/ (which I hope it is...)

It's slightly smaller in length, a mere 2 studs so not a lot at all.

Wow, that is a surprise!! A review already, wow! I did not expect that, and a very good review too!

Also, slightly off topic, but I found this lego model on Amazon:

51sa-Lot13L._AA280_.jpg

Does anyone know anything about it, all I know is that it is a Lego outrider model.

Edited by Lord Of Pies

Lord of Pies,

That's the alternate of the Imperial Star Destroyer I think.

Good review Vader, I might actually get this one!

Where did you get it?

ditto this question

I shall wait for a sale for this set as I've never watched any of the Clone Wars stuff, so it's not that important to me as a set :-)

Thanks for the (surprising) review! Where did you get it?

I got it from ebay, the set price and shipping were both low and in the end i actually paid less overall than i would of if i had bought it from a shop.

Go figure, in todays must have lego market i actually got one hell of a bargin :-/

I'll add the stickers, at the time of building the set i was more concerned with getting the review up ;-)

loool I know the feeling mate :-D

Btw can you take more pics of Anie's head to see the hairpiece better please mate: 2/3 front, back...

And rewatching the pics I am so please I don't have to od tht set for once :-P No darn tan or blue parts in there :-P

*yoda*

I am so very sick of stickers. *n* >:-( *n* That big yellow flag would have been great if it had been printed... with stickers, its just a big blank yellow flag to me... I might have picked up this set, for the figure and the flag, but not anymore...

Steve, who is very disappointed with all the $%*# stickers...

P.S. Great review! Thanks for doing it...

Great review *vader* . Did you get it from a UK seller? This is one hell of a sweet set and i can't wait to get it. I might even build it :-D .

A very nice review Vader you sure were lucky to get that set! looks fantastic and Anakin's new hair peice is

great! :-D I think it would go with the ep2 obi-one version!

Its no Azure Angel but it'll do! deino2.gif

Great pics. I wasn't horribly impressed with the initial LEGO images, but your pictures of the actual set make it look much much better. I love the original JSF set so its great to see the design sort of carry on here in 2007.

The new style with the Clone Wars minifigs looks as if it has potential. If nothing else it's something new. *y*