doug72

BWE - other uses for new Gear Rack Quadrants

The new gear rack quadrants have other possible uses for Technic builds such as:-

1/. Bucket Wheel trencher ( BWE - C -model ? )

2/. Large crane builds.

3/. Fairground rides - not often made using Technic.

4/. Railway Hopper wagon coal / iron ore rotary tipplers

What else could these gear quadrants be used for ?

I wonder if they can be combined with regular gear racks to make a monorail.

there is not a 'bump' or something at the end, otherwise you wouldnt be able to build a circle out of it, and the teeth should be normal as well otherwise you can't use normal lego gears. so i think it would work

A wheel of fortune, roulette wheel, wheel of chance/prize wheel

Also, maybe good for cotton spinning or yarn making or weaving

A large TBM (tunnel boring machine) with the gear racks for the drilling head and maybe to put the concrete tunnel sections in place. The track links could be used to make a conveyor belt inside to take away the 'dirt'.

A huge excavator with a rotating super-structure, just like 8043

Edited by DrJB

Yes this^^^. Maybe a cable stripping shovel like the Marion Mountaineer, or The Captain, or something like that. I wish Lego would make something like that.

I think they would work well to replace the Hailfire wheels for a turntable, or maybe I could see a use of them for a large tank turret ring.

EDIT: Bah, killed my own idea.

Edited by Gnac

I'd like to make a round sorter, it rotates and pieces fall out of certain size slots. The rings would be used to provide a stiff circle mounting. Then use tracklinks to fill the rest, some how.

I'd like to make a round sorter, it rotates and pieces fall out of certain size slots. The rings would be used to provide a stiff circle mounting. Then use tracklinks to fill the rest, some how.

Now that's an idea I'm very interested in. I'm fascinated by sorting machines lately, for example the upcoming BWE B-model or the axle sorter MOC of akiyuki (

). In my fantasy a contraption could be build which sorts all your (Technic) bricks according to type and size.

Now that's an idea I'm very interested in. I'm fascinated by sorting machines lately, for example the upcoming BWE B-model or the axle sorter MOC of akiyuki (

). In my fantasy a contraption could be build which sorts all your (Technic) bricks according to type and size.

I love the sorter, but you wold have to have a million axles to make it worth building.

A Hamster wheel

Sariel will be mad that you beat him to the punch..... :laugh: :laugh:

.....I think a huge grandfather clock or something would be cool to make with this gear.. Perhaps like Big Ben or something.....

Sariel will be mad that you beat him to the punch..... :laugh: :laugh:

.....I think a huge grandfather clock or something would be cool to make with this gear.. Perhaps like Big Ben or something.....

Perhaps Sariel can do a hamster powered car

Or if we think out of the box (or circle in this case) these parts now allow use to make some awesome curves like supports for bridges, wings, or even ramps and sinosuidal obstacles.

Some good ideas and suggestions.

Perhaps once the parts are available a contest to build something that incorporates the new gear rack quadrants would be a challange !!

How about a planetary / multi-stage gear reduction system?

... or maybe a rocking chair?

Edited by DrJB

I don't have a million axles, but if it was able to separate large beams and axles, from connectors and small axles, etc.. Just to help slightly speed up sorting.