Sign in to follow this  
Petric_G

The Kobot Abbey

The Kobot Abbey was built by the brothers of the Healfaith Order. It is located in Avalonia at the lake in the southwest of Albion.

25961626766_b41770f013_z.jpg

The brothers care a lot for all the people around them and run a hospital for everyone.

25892606101_4b1699818e_z.jpg

But sometimes their help comes too late:

25866762272_91661febb6_z.jpg

Therefore they also have a graveyard…

25354856134_395c962a71_z.jpg

Food and water come from their own fishery,…

25354847134_d81143dd07_z.jpg

Pigs and..

25892604001_7b1473c879_z.jpg

..fountain.

25866761352_6b5f67678c_z.jpg

Other food is coming by the “monk-donkey”

25866759262_6c6c88550b_z.jpg

But their work is always after their prayers.

25358825173_90f95e7b81_z.jpg

---

And some action:

25892597901_129fa48a35_z.jpg

I took this video at the convention SteinCHenwelt were my MOC was part of a collaboration with an Falcon army invasion…

If the Flicker video is not working so well you can see an other one

Edited by Petric_G

Neat build!

I like your way of showong interiors, and all the little things going on. My favoured detail was defenitely the cross-and-snake, great job recreating that symbol, and overall cool build as well! :thumbup:

Very nice build, lots of details and also a great peaceful feel. I really like how you included the fishery! :thumbup:

Very nice build Petric, love the peaceful feel here, and great use of Simon's water technique to get an overall beautiful color-scheme! Excellent job with the buildings and their interiors, and the little details all over really add to the build! The fishery and the pig trough are some of my favorite things here - keep it up!

Excellent build, Petric! The landscape is great and I really like that slightly curving roof on the fishery :thumbup:

Fantastic work on the functions as well :classic:

Great abbey, I don't think we see many around here! Lots of cool details: the fountain, graveyard, those great monks and the abbey itself. The first photo is perfect, especially for such a big scene. Good work!

Nice to see photos of your part now! I agree with ME, your photo is very nice (way better than mine of my part).

Seeing this in person, I can say that I simply loved the abbey and the moving minifigures were a nice addition.

Great work my friend, I'm looking forward to meet you again and see more things you'll build ;-).

This is a great diorama! We do not often see that kind of locations, and I love that it is a place of peace and humanity. Such builds really expand the world of Historica and add other aspects then just warcraft and country life (not that I could ever get tired of these things).

I like that the hospital is a cutaway and gives us an impression of the medical treatment. Poor guys losing their legs! I can imagine a jar of leeches somewhere.

Haha, and cheers for that donkey!

Very pretty build, the green landscape with dark tan paths looks great. The little fishery, and animal pens are great additional details to the already excellent abbey :thumbup:

I love your brown cross with the snake built into the wall, the hands for food for the pigs, and the shark at the fishery! Great work on this build!

Neat build!

I like your way of showong interiors, and all the little things going on. My favoured detail was defenitely the cross-and-snake, great job recreating that symbol, and overall cool build as well! :thumbup:

The interiors are cool! The monks are awesome as is everything else!

Very scenic!

Very nice build, lots of details and also a great peaceful feel. I really like how you included the fishery! :thumbup:

Love this! Lots of wonderful details. And wow... those are some prolific fishermen! =)

Excellent build, Petric! The landscape is great and I really like that slightly curving roof on the fishery :thumbup:

Fantastic work on the functions as well :classic:

Thanks a lot for the positiv feedback from all of you. I'm glad you liked it!

Very nice build Petric, love the peaceful feel here, and great use of Simon's water technique to get an overall beautiful color-scheme! Excellent job with the buildings and their interiors, and the little details all over really add to the build! The fishery and the pig trough are some of my favorite things here - keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes the water technique from Simon is top. So we decided to use it at our medivsl collaboration for a convention:-)

Great abbey, I don't think we see many around here! Lots of cool details: the fountain, graveyard, those great monks and the abbey itself. The first photo is perfect, especially for such a big scene. Good work!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm happy how the overall photo came out. To take photos is not my favorit part of MOCing :-) And then to gimp was also not easy...

A big build with lots of variety and detail. Very well done, although I feel sorry for the guy in the 'operating theatre' :wink:

Thanks! Nice that you have seen that poor guy. We all hope he will survive. The monks propably have to look for some anestetica or at less some wine for the next one ;-)

Nice to see photos of your part now! I agree with ME, your photo is very nice (way better than mine of my part).

Seeing this in person, I can say that I simply loved the abbey and the moving minifigures were a nice addition.

Great work my friend, I'm looking forward to meet you again and see more things you'll build ;-).

Thanks Simon. Your picture is at least as good as mine! And is also your credit that I'm able to make such a nice photo :-)

This is a great diorama! We do not often see that kind of locations, and I love that it is a place of peace and humanity. Such builds really expand the world of Historica and add other aspects then just warcraft and country life (not that I could ever get tired of these things).

I like that the hospital is a cutaway and gives us an impression of the medical treatment. Poor guys losing their legs! I can imagine a jar of leeches somewhere.

Haha, and cheers for that donkey!

Thank you Jacob. I'm a peacefull guy, but in the next MOC I propably show some warriors :-)

Very nice build! The artwork on the front of the abbey looks great, would have like a photo of the full wall there :classic: Also great use of the old castle panels. What are you using for the monk robes? Great job!

Very nice build! The artwork on the front of the abbey looks great, would have like a photo of the full wall there :classic: Also great use of the old castle panels. What are you using for the monk robes? Great job!

Thanks.

For some monks (like the ones with the pickax) I used two of the CMF Hun Warrior cape. But that was to expencive for all of them. So I used a custom fabric....

Edited by Petric_G

Great diorama overall, and I really like the different small scenes going on around in the build :classic:

You know....I thought for sure I already commented on this build! What a great dio, and I love that you covered a topic not seen enough in MOC's. The monks look great and the layout is fantastic, you included everything needed to be self-sustaining as a Monastery should be.