Superkalle

[2016 Digital Design Contest] - Comment topic for entries

All right, thanks guys. Just published my entry and I'm sharing my LDD file as well!

Post #18.

May I publish the renders on my Flickr page or should I wait until the end of the contest?

Your entry is really cool! I noticed you had the white legs with black boots listed as a new color combo, but they actually came in the Collectible Minifigures Series 14 Mad Scientist, I believe. So you could use that slot for a different new color if you wanted.

Fantastic entry! This was incredibly creative. I was blown away that some of the carts, most notably Red Beard's and Basil's, those wheels were just so creative!

Thank you! I'm quite happy with how they turned out as well.

Your entry is really cool! I noticed you had the white legs with black boots listed as a new color combo, but they actually came in the Collectible Minifigures Series 14 Mad Scientist, I believe. So you could use that slot for a different new color if you wanted.

Thanks, but are you perhaps referring to another entry entirely? I didn't list any color combos, in fact all the characters in my entry use short legs.

Edited by Unijob

Thanks, but are you perhaps referring to another entry entirely? I didn't list any color combos, in fact all the characters in my entry use short legs.

Oh, yes. Whoopsie. I had in my mind to complement your Micro Classics, and to complement Sir E Fullner's Europa as well as say what I said to you, but the thoughts got lost in translation through my brain and I ended up saying what I meant to say to him, to you.

Sorry.

So, Sir. E Fullner, I like your entry, and what I said to Mr. Unijob was actually meant for you.

Unijob, I like your entry a lot.

Hope that's all correct... Knowing me, I'm probably on the wrong website entirely at this point.

All right, thanks guys. Just published my entry and I'm sharing my LDD file as well!

Post #18.

May I publish the renders on my Flickr page or should I wait until the end of the contest?

Amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

They look awesome! My favorites are King Kahuka and Basil the Batlord and Captain Brickbeard!

Are going to post this on LEGO Ideas?!

Very cool!

They look like possessed smurfs!

The Golem set looks very very close to a real LEGO set. Amazing :thumbup:

Maybe the S16 Snow Queen is King Frigidus' wife? :look:

Maybe the S16 Snow Queen is King Frigidus' wife? :look:

I actually wanted to do that, but then Bluerender turned everything aqua into grey so I scrapped that.

Thank you though! :laugh:

Edited by CM4Sci

Can I ask you: are your set numbers (740...) just some made up digits without any meaning/merit or are they hiding some "deeper sense" not revealed to us all (hope you understand me what I meant)? :look::sweet:

BTW from my point of view there are actually only 2 participants that come up with their own unique stuff and not some LEGO brick interpretation of some sort of already existing things :tongue::devil: (although I know it does not matter as of this contest, just saying :hmpf_bad: )...and you are definitely the 2nd one - that being said: I REALLY LIKE YOUR IDEA of ice frozen kingdom with a scifi mixture to it, super! :thumbup:

Or, gee, am I mistaken and it actually is also just some kind of LEGO bricks interpretation of some film/movie/magazine I am not aware of? :wacko: I hope not cos it really looks unique to me a lot!!! :blush:

Edited by bublible

Can I ask you: are your set numbers (740...) just some made up digits without any meaning/merit or are they hiding some "deeper sense" not revealed to us all (hope you understand me what I meant)? :look::sweet:

BTW from my point of view there are actually only 2 participants that come up with their own unique stuff and not some LEGO brick interpretation of some sort of already existing things :tongue::devil: (although I know it does not matter as of this contest, just saying :hmpf_bad: )...and you are definitely the 2nd one - that being said: I REALLY LIKE YOUR IDEA of ice frozen kingdom with a scifi mixture to it, super! :thumbup:

Or, gee, am I mistaken and it actually is also just some kind of LEGO bricks interpretation of some film/movie/magazine I am not aware of? :wacko: I hope not cos it really looks unique to me a lot!!! :blush:

Haha, thanks! Nope, made this all by myself. At first, the idea was to make 'Polar XXplorers' , a theme LEGO "made" which was actually a coverup name for Galaxy Squad way in 2012. I thought of a few things like a giant snowmobile, other things, but I decided to go with what I built.

I think you swapped descriptions for sets 74003 and 74004 :wink:

Fixed!

Amazing! :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

They look awesome! My favorites are King Kahuka and Basil the Batlord and Captain Brickbeard!

Are going to post this on LEGO Ideas?!

Thank you! No, I haven't even considered posting this on LEGO Ideas? Should I? I don't think it would be that successful. I'll think about it after this contest...

Great entry, that drill plane is just fantastic! That's winning material right there.

Man, you guys are really coming up with some cool stuffs there! Hopefully i can join the bandwagon in time.

Update to Lego BATTLES(renders and video to come soon)

7 models and counting

"The Crew"

I mostly do mechs, so I have several other MOCs that complete this theme, however they all have been seen, only these 3 are new.

I've nearly built 2 of them (using some extra parts not allowed in the LDD, like minifig hands or lever bases), they went well.

---> AnotherGol : Like your new range BTW

Man, you guys are really coming up with some cool stuffs there! Hopefully i can join the bandwagon in time.

Please join - the more the merrier!

Edited by nine09nueve

@anothergol

Your entry now looks great! I like it, it is original your own idea - am I right? If so, perfect job! :wink::thumbup:

Edited by bublible

@anothergol

Your entry now looks great! I like it, it is original your own idea - am I right? If so, perfect job! :wink::thumbup:

Thanks

Yeah it's all original, even though one shares the "structure" design of these 2 others of mine: https://www.flickr.c...157660482542918

This year brought us a DBG Scala dish, I had to make a DBG one.

Ah, and btw I allowed myself "floating parts" but only because the T-bar that holds the 2 bike helmets at the back Irena's mech, can't be placed in the LDD for bug reasons. It's built and fits perfectly with real parts.

Edited by anothergol

Thanks

Yeah it's all original, even though one shares the "structure" design of these 2 others of mine: https://www.flickr.c...157660482542918

This year brought us a DBG Scala dish, I had to make a DBG one.

Ah, and btw I allowed myself "floating parts" but only because the T-bar that holds the 2 bike helmets at the back Irena's mech, can't be placed in the LDD for bug reasons. It's built and fits perfectly with real parts.

Super then. :thumbup:

As for the "hanging" brick: I guess we should really let mods decide and wait for their conclusion and stop any further discussion about this matter at least until then (although if you ask me in your particular case it is absolutely fine, I would say - one small brick that actually do work in RL).

Edited by bublible

My opinion is simply "if it's plausible for it to be positioned like that during play, it's okay". So models that could be held above vertical zero by a child would be acceptable, but something that's clearly intended to be standing on its own but isn't supported wouldn't be.

Edited by DraikNova

Guys - please don't post anything here anymore regarding if others are breaking the rules or not, not even what/if/when Moderators will judge what or when. It seems you've just taken the evergoing debate from the Rules topic and started it in a new place. ONLY ask questions about your own entries. Thanks.

The backgrounds were part of Bluerender anyway, I don't understand why they're different colors when they're the same when I input them.

Ehm: do you know there are actually 2 separate parameters for background and baseplane, right? :wink: In case you did not know: you have to set the same color to both, BUT as the background is using Constant Shader you would need to set constant shader also for the baseplane cos else shading of the baseplane would not make seamless transition into the background (actually sky) tho in that case you will loose all shadows on the baseplane (simply because of the Constant Shader = just a color without any shading whatsoever) - hope it'd help you a bit.

Edited by bublible

Fine, so I am asking:

• do I understand it right that I can have logo on my participating render entries in form of another picture/font (that is how I understood what you wrote for CM4Sci)?
  • can I make some machines in my renders that actually fly in the air/space or do I need to have them "sitting" on some kind of stand/support simulating them being in the air (I would rather go without those stands/supports)?

You can position them in the air. That's fine.

As for the background bottom thing, uh, ok. That's kinda weird. I have to angle it a certain way to make the entire background one color. Just with we could make transparent images w/ shadows!! :tongue:

You can position them in the air. That's fine.

Thank you for your answer - I appreciate it but you/we are actually not allowed to interpret the rules (as I was told, not even if you know the right answer!), so I really have to wait for moderators answer...so still waiting.

Just with we could make transparent images w/ shadows!! :tongue:

Hey, but we have that - I made it possible with my MOD (ehm, are you aware of the MOD, arren't you? :grin: )

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=114649&hl=sunflow

Edited by bublible