Superkalle

[2016 Digital Design Contest] - Rules, prizes and questions

The entry topic has been closed now. Voting will begin as soon as we're done prepping for it. It can take a few days at least. We'll see. :classic:

wh...nooo! i'm not done puttting links for the pictures galleries yet....

and on that post i still said it's a WIP post.... am i still eligible for the contest?

Edited by bacem

Ehh, I'm pretty sure you're in the top five best entries anyway, so I wouldn't stress over it.

Ehh, I'm pretty sure you're in the top five best entries anyway, so I wouldn't stress over it.

thank you! i'm just wondering if the fact that the post still stated itself as WIP post would make me disqualified.

Probably not, since it doesn't actually affect the entry in any way. If necessary, Superkalle can edit out the WIP statement.

thank you! i'm just wondering if the fact that the post still stated itself as WIP post would make me disqualified.

I'll help you edit the WIP text out. As for missing links, can't help you with that. It'll have to be what it is.

I'll help you edit the WIP text out. As for missing links, can't help you with that. It'll have to be what it is.

don't worry about the missing links. i already got a way around that. :classic: . thatnks a lot for helping with the WIP statement, i really appreciate it.

The voting topic is now open!

Erm.. what happened to:

Voting

When the contest is closed, there will be the standard community vote. The voting will be done by each voters casting two votes:

• One vote for best Model design, theme etc. We will encourage voters to look mostly at the model designs, so to avoid that themes stands against theme. Naturally voters will judge also originality of the theme, color coordination, "coolness", and also perhaps use of the unique possibilities with designing with digital tools, but the main focus should be the quality of the models showcased.
  • One vote for (since its a digital contest) "best presentation/render".

The final voting will be tallied so that 70% of weight will be for best model and 30% for best presentation. More details will be presented at a later date when the voting is opened.

The voting will be open only to members registered on EB the day before the contest was announced.

(Bold + Italic emphasis mine) Because currently it says:

EB 2016 Digital Design contest voting topic

Welcome to the voting topic for the Eurobricks 2016 Digital Design contest.

Voting process and assigning points

Cast your vote like this:

1. Look through the entries in the Entry topic and judge each entry with respect to:

a) Theme idea and originality

b) Model design and build techniques

c) Presentation

...and combine these into a balanced decision.

2. Distribute 5 points among the entries and post your vote in this topic on the following format: Entry# + Points. So, just a single post, for example like this:

The voting rules seem very different to what was originally posted at the start of the competition... What happened to the 70:30 weighting?? or have I missed something in the voting thread?

Edited by nine09nueve

@nine09nueve

mmm... quite obviously the staff changed its mind on the voting parameters.

I agree with this choice, vote a single entry would be quite limiting.

@nine09nueve

vote a single entry would be quite limiting.

Agreed - that's why everyone was given TWO votes - one for best presentation/render and one for best model (or should that be best set, post rule change?)

@nine09nueve

mmm... quite obviously the staff changed its mind on the voting parameters.

Obviously! But at least they've been consistent... Since they've regularly changed the parameters of the competition throughout the last month - what's one more eh? :D

Edited by nine09nueve

Agreed - that's why everyone was given TWO votes - one for best presentation/render and one for best model (or should that be set post rule change?)

Yes, but this don't change the problem: you have to choose a single entry for each category. :wink:

Obviously! At least they've been consistent... It seems that they've changed the parameters of the competition continuously through the last month - so what's one more eh? :D

Eheh exactly. As change some rule was not a taboo anymore, why don't try to improve the voting phase?

After all the new rules has been revealed before anyone could vote, so the changes should not be a problem. :classic:

After all the new rules has been revealed before anyone could vote, so the changes should not be a problem. :classic:

Except for everyone who put 70% of their effort into the models and only 30% into the render/presentation - as was the design brief! *rofl*

Hmm, are people voting according to the post number or the number that was added to each post? Because I think there's two entries #5 and that's messing things up.

Nevermind, there were two entries #5 before, it's fixed now.

Edited by Unijob

I've built some of the models in my entry & I have pictures ready - can I make them public in my Flickr or should I wait for the voting deadline?

Except for everyone who put 70% of their effort into the models and only 30% into the render/presentation - as was the design brief! *rofl*

Do you really think that something changes about this? These parameters are part of the present vote in the same way.

The only difference is that before was required a separate vote (but with the great limit of a single choice) while now it is required to take both elements into account when you distribute the points.

I think that the chance to specify more than one set is much more useful for the contest in order to have a more fair judgement. More points would be even better for me.

Besides, frankly, I think that an entry should be realized as beautiful as possible, not as much as suitable to the contest possible.

I hope the winner would win because he realized a great theme, not because he calculate the best way to obtain the higher vote studying the rules for voting.

As I told previously, take it easy, this contest is for fun in the first place. Win one of the prizes is obviously a great thing, but I hope that participating and gather the appraisement for his own creation from other users is the real goal a builder should have. And this will surely occur regardless of the voting system adopted. :classic:

Edited by Calabar

I've built some of the models in my entry & I have pictures ready - can I make them public in my Flickr or should I wait for the voting deadline?

You can put them up on Flickr. No problem.