PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

Recommended Posts

On 9/11/2017 at 8:22 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

There is a lot of new TV spot footage I haven't seen in that compilation, thanks for sharing!

  Reveal hidden contents

If that indeed is Finn seen there in that split second clip, I do wonder what his relation to Jackie Chan's character is? Perhaps he is Finn's martial arts teacher? :shrug_confused:

I also wonder if the events of this film will help set up some of the background for The Lego Movie 2, if Finn will indeed be a part of this movie.

 

You're quite welcome!

Spoiler

Maybe Meowthra is Jackie Chan's cat who made it into Finn's backyard?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't know about this movie, the trailers make it look "cringey" and "awkward" to me, like they completely changed Jay's personality from outgoing to insecure.  And I wonder if he even is still in love with Nya. :sceptic: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Hart New Bob said:

I just don't know about this movie, the trailers make it look "cringey" and "awkward" to me, like they completely changed Jay's personality from outgoing to insecure.  And I wonder if he even is still in love with Nya. :sceptic: 

I'm not sure what you mean; Jay's always been pretty insecure. It's one of the core facets of his character, evident in even some of his earliest episodes like "Snakebit" (in which he's embarrassed about his parents and his upbringing) and "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" (in which he's desperately afraid of screwing up his first date with Nya). When bad things happen (like the attack of the Great Devourer), Jay is basically the quickest to start feeling hopeless and overwhelmed. And a considerable number of Jay's more recent character arcs have been built on his insecurities about how Nya feels about him.

Some of the stuff I've read definitely indicates that Jay is still smitten with Nya in the movie, although in this continuity they haven't yet initiated a relationship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 6:15 AM, Aanchir said:

I'm not sure what you mean; Jay's always been pretty insecure. It's one of the core facets of his character, evident in even some of his earliest episodes like "Snakebit" (in which he's embarrassed about his parents and his upbringing) and "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" (in which he's desperately afraid of screwing up his first date with Nya). When bad things happen (like the attack of the Great Devourer), Jay is basically the quickest to start feeling hopeless and overwhelmed. And a considerable number of Jay's more recent character arcs have been built on his insecurities about how Nya feels about him.

Some of the stuff I've read definitely indicates that Jay is still smitten with Nya in the movie, although in this continuity they haven't yet initiated a relationship.

I'm saying, they made his insecurity his MAIN personality.  While before it seemed more like a side one.

Edited by Hart New Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to post two times in a row but......

This is new footage right?  Anyway..... I feel a bit better about this.

 

Edited by Hart New Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They are giving away too much, right?

I at this point we've seen like 35-40% of the movie

Well I do agree with u on how too much is being given away I still feel like there is plenty left for us to see and 35%-40% isn't how much we've seen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Robert8 said:

They are giving away too much, right?

I at this point we've seen like 35-40% of the movie

I've stopped watching any promotional videos because of that. I agree. They seem to be revealing a whole heck of a lot.

The only reason I'm on this thread is to practice my self control for not clicking on spoiler tags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe it took seven years and a movie in an alternate continuity to portray Wu as using all of the ninja's elements, like he was always said to be able to do.

Eh, I'm just glad we're finally seeing more of it. I thought they had shown too little before. I think it all looks good so far. But hearing Nya say "That is not so ninja!" in TV commercials is getting annoying. But I guess kid's movies always have that one part in the trailer that gets grating after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:15 PM, GarmaFan said:

I can't believe it took seven years and a movie in an alternate continuity to portray Wu as using all of the ninja's elements, like he was always said to be able to do.

What?  He was able to do that the whole time!?!  All those times he could of done something to help them?  How shellfish >pun<

Edited by Hart New Bob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

The Double Decker Couch appears in one of the clips, so Finn confirmed?

Also, how in the world does Zane have a mom? Isn't he a robot???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Robert8 said:
  Hide contents

Also, how in the world does Zane have a mom? Isn't he a robot???

 

Hey man, don't try and push your idea of a "normal" family on the rest of the world.  Robo Kids are just fine.

Edited by Actor Builder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hart New Bob said:

What?  He was able to do that the whole time!?!  All those times he could of done something to help them?  How shellfish >pun<

Not really sure. But, he's usually listed as having the element of "All" or Creation. And then in Possession he summoned a dragon, and in Hands of Time, Lloyd called him and Garmadon "elemental masters".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

But hearing Nya say "That is not so ninja!" in TV commercials is getting annoying. But I guess kid's movies always have that one part in the trailer that gets grating after a while.

I agree... Like what does it even mean? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, makoy said:

I agree... Like what does it even mean? 

That whoever she's talking to is doing something..un-ninja? 

Edited by GarmaFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, makoy said:

I agree... Like what does it even mean? 

I think it's their way of saying awesome 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zane's my favorite character in this movie. At first I thought he was gonna have some cliche existential crisis about being "normal" but it's actually really funny seeing Zane trying to act like a teenager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The LEGO Ninjago Movie soundtrack came out today. The track list has some potential spoilers, including possibly reinforcing something that I had speculated about before:

Meowthra is first mentioned in the track list fairly early ("The Rise of Kitty Kitty"), well before the scene from the trailer where Lloyd gets his arm popped off while traveling with Garmadon, suggesting Meowthra is NOT the third-act twist a lot of people expected. Furthermore, the track for "The Ultimate Ultimate Weapon" comes towards the very end, just before the second track mentioning Meowthra, "Here Kitty Kitty". This raises an interesting possibility I don't think a lot of us had considered: that the laser pointer we saw described as an "Ultimate Weapon" in some recent preview clips is in fact an entirely separate object from the "Ultimate Ultimate Weapon".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing it tomorrow. I will leave spoiler-free thoughts on it here when I make my rounds tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The LEGO Ninjago Movie soundtrack came out today. The track list has some potential spoilers, including possibly reinforcing something that I had speculated about before:

 

  Hide contents

Meowthra is first mentioned in the track list fairly early ("The Rise of Kitty Kitty"), well before the scene from the trailer where Lloyd gets his arm popped off while traveling with Garmadon, suggesting Meowthra is NOT the third-act twist a lot of people expected. Furthermore, the track for "The Ultimate Ultimate Weapon" comes towards the very end, just before the second track mentioning Meowthra, "Here Kitty Kitty". This raises an interesting possibility I don't think a lot of us had considered: that the laser pointer we saw described as an "Ultimate Weapon" in some recent preview clips is in fact an entirely separate object from the "Ultimate Ultimate Weapon".

 

Spoiler

I *think* the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon is indeed the cat

I think Meowthra will appear early on the movie, but he will be used as an unexpected ultimate ultimate weapon at the end

-----

Did Zane just mention "Despacito"??? Lolz

Edited by Robert8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Zane's my favorite character in this movie. At first I thought he was gonna have some cliche existential crisis about being "normal" but it's actually really funny seeing Zane trying to act like a teenager

Yeah, like did you see he dabbed in one of the behind the bricks featurette. :D He's as normal as he can be -- like a few youtube-gen kids that I know.

7 hours ago, Aanchir said:

The LEGO Ninjago Movie soundtrack came out today. The track list has some potential spoilers, including possibly reinforcing something that I had speculated about before:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Meowthra is first mentioned in the track list fairly early ("The Rise of Kitty Kitty"), well before the scene from the trailer where Lloyd gets his arm popped off while traveling with Garmadon, suggesting Meowthra is NOT the third-act twist a lot of people expected. Furthermore, the track for "The Ultimate Ultimate Weapon" comes towards the very end, just before the second track mentioning Meowthra, "Here Kitty Kitty". This raises an interesting possibility I don't think a lot of us had considered: that the laser pointer we saw described as an "Ultimate Weapon" in some recent preview clips is in fact an entirely separate object from the "Ultimate Ultimate Weapon".

 

I'm not going to click the spoiler tag!!

...

 

I clicked anyway.

 

:cry_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.