PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

Really liking the look of this! Criticize it as you may, "Bad Blood" is one of the few pop-culture shoe-Ins that actually makes sense in terms of the story.

as far as the vehicles go, they all look amazing - I made a post about them in the 2017 set thread and I'm excited to see them all.

The vehicles seem great, especially Lloyd's dragon.

Voices:

Llyod - It works, I don't mind it.

Garmadon - Yeah, they did good here.

Wu - Eh, still having a hard time hearing anything other than his bad Karate Kid character.

Jay - Nope. Not working for me. It doesn't match the character's appearance.

Haven't heard the others yet.

That was incredible!!! I loved everything! For me almost there were more jokes in that that landed in 2 minutes and thirty seconds than in a 22 minute single episode of the show. 

Everyone looks spectacular, but those builds are HUGE! There's no way we'll be getting them in their actual size like TLM and TLBM vehicles. 

14 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Fixed my sound and listened to the teaser! 

Jackie Chan sounds too young for Wu to me. I found myself going "Is that Wu?"

Jay's personality doesn't seemed to have changed, I'm glad!

Lloyd looks ugly :sad:

Bad Blood at the end sucked. There is no clear reason for that song, and why isn't it the Weekend Whip? The Weekend Whip would've been awesome if it played throughout.

Bad blood played just because of the title "bad blood" as in because Lloyd's dad is evil or bad and they are related by blood.Also yes weekend whip would've been cooler even if they remixed it for the nth time.

good trailer tho. Don't mind Jay,Nya, Wu,Garmadon or Lloyd, and I'm not normally a Lloyd fan.Cole is to be determined. Kai looks Ok but too early to judge. Zane......doesn't look great and I normally like Zane.

So I have a theory.

Spoiler

What if the Ninjago realm is outside Finn's house? It's "in a faraway land", and the only LEGO things are distinctly manmade. Grass, water, bamboo, even fire are all completely real and not-plastic.

Edited by Nerd-with-a-Pencil
grammar

4 minutes ago, Red nightwing said:

Bad blood played just because of the title "bad blood" as in because Lloyd's dad is evil or bad and they are related by blood.Also yes weekend whip would've been cooler even if they remixed it for the nth time.

good trailer tho. Don't mind Jay,Nya, Wu,Garmadon or Lloyd, and I'm not normally a Lloyd fan.Cole is to be determined. Kai looks Ok but too early to judge. Zane......doesn't look great and I normally like Zane.

I think it's because if the Bad Blood between L-Loyd and Garmadon.

5 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

So I have a theory.

Hide contents

What if the Ninjago realm is outside Finn's house? It's "in a faraway land", and the only LEGO things are distinctly manmade. Grass, water, bamboo, even fire are all completely real and not-plastic.

You're not far off. The creators mentioned in an interview about the Lego Batman Movie that they see this one as taking place in more of a "backyard" space with real plants, dirt, and water.

3 minutes ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

I think it's because if the Bad Blood between L-Loyd and Garmadon.

That was what I was trying to say but I was phrasing it poorly.

I'm not quite sold on the trailer. It seems lower-budget to me somehow than The LEGO Movie or what The LEGO Batman Movie looks like based on the trailers, and the dialogue is very contrived. I'll wait for a second trailer before making a proper judgement on whether to see this film.

Okay, so that looked fantastic, entertaining in just the trailer!

I love those builds and can't wait to see more.

1 hour ago, legonerd54321 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that the animation/graphics has improved A LOT ever since TLM? It seems that way.

Ya they've really mastered the animation. There is also a lot more real world elements now, like the water in TLBM and TNM (Is that going to be the short form for this? The Ninjago Movie? Or LNM?) Anyways ya look at the beach scene, there's real water and real sand. Cool stuff! 

Also I did a word search on the site so my apologies if someone did say this already. But in Lloyd's bedroom, on the wall there is a poster of "Enter the Dragon" with a LEGO Bruce Lee on it. :laugh:

1 minute ago, Ashnflash said:

There is also a lot more real world elements now, like the water in TLBM and TNM (Is that going to be the short form for this? The Ninjago Movie? Or LNM?)

Most likely TLNM. Like how The LEGO Batman Movie is TLBM only instead of B for Batman its N for Ninjago.