PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

I'd say this isn't really a spoiler, rather me just putting two and two together, with some info from the movie website + a trailer. But either way, if you didn't know about this one, you probably won't like it. This one's in regards to Misako:

Misako is the famous ninja known as Lady Iron Dragon. She fought alongside an army against Garmadon's in the past, but I guess they didn't stay enemies for long :def_shrug:
So she's basically lying to Lloyd when she explains how she met Garmadon. The armor we see her wear in trailer 2 isn't anything "festive", it's her outfit from when she went by that name.

Edited by gamejutzu

7 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I'd say this isn't really a spoiler, rather me just putting two and two together, with some info from the movie website + a trailer. But either way, if you didn't know about this one, you probably won't like it. This one's in regards to Misako:

Hide contents

Misako is the famous ninja known as Lady Iron Dragon. She fought alongside an army against Garmadon's in the past, but I guess they didn't stay enemies for long :def_shrug:
So she's basically lying to Lloyd when she explains how she met Garmadon. The armor we see her wear in trailer 2 isn't anything "festive", it's her outfit from when she went by that name.

I'd say that your theory is correct, especially since it has been more-or-less confirmed in the 'Making of' book.

They are realeasing a lot of very very spoilerish tv spot for the movie. Like they are ruining every big potential twist they can come up with 

Maybe it is a good time to establish a simple non-spoiler policy that we could all agree on so that we could all enjoy the movie? Fair enough?

1 hour ago, makoy said:

Maybe it is a good time to establish a simple non-spoiler policy that we could all agree on so that we could all enjoy the movie? Fair enough?

4 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

They are realeasing a lot of very very spoilerish tv spot for the movie. Like they are ruining every big potential twist they can come up with 

The spot with The Simpsons characters was awesome! I didn't know they are going to appear in the movie!

Spoiler

I just made that up :laugh:

Edited by Robert8

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The spot with The Simpsons characters was awesome! I didn't know they are going to appear in the movie!

Reveal hidden contents

I just made that up :laugh:

You Monster !!!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Could Jackie Chan be this films man upstairs, I mean I never liked the concept of putting fleshly figs (humans) in the lego movie ,but a live action Jackie Chan did appear in a tv spot and he is Jackie Chan so I wouldn't mind as much as I did with Finn.

Probablely a major spoiler if correct, beware.

The Fold's officially confirmed that they'll be in the movie. News has been kinda flimsy and back and forward on that, but now the Fold's said it where everyone can hear.

Spoiler (I think) from the Making Of book:

Spoiler

Neat that Garmadon apparently wasn't always a giant, four-armed oni man. Looks a bit too much like Cole though.

II'm not sure who edits these tiny trailers.. but I can't stand the editing. It just bothers me somehow.

Also, I'm afraid of how this movie will do in the box office. I haven't seen that many ads on TV.. 

1 hour ago, legonerd54321 said:

Also, I'm afraid of how this movie will do in the box office. I haven't seen that many ads on TV.. 

Same, but I've seen ads on TV and the internet. It's a movie about LEGO ninja, I'm sure it'll, at least, make it's money back. Also worried about is how it'll be received by the critics, considering the LEGO Batman Movie generally wasn't considered as good as the LEGO Movie.

15 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Spoiler (I think) from the Making Of book

I think the right of the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon shows us that too. And besides, he still has a freaking ribcage + charred black skin. It isn't too hard to tell.

Edited by gamejutzu

23 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

I think the right of the temple of the ultimate ultimate weapon shows us that too. And besides, he still has a freaking ribcage + charred black skin. It isn't too hard to tell.

Yeah, but

Spoiler

the young version doesn't.

4 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Yeah, but

Oh, you mean like a decade or so later then right? I just kind of assumed it happened at a later time anyways, regardless of what we see in TotUUW

Edited by gamejutzu

12 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Oh, you mean like a decade or so later then right? I just kind of assumed it happened at a later time anyways, regardless of what we see in TotUUW

What is TotUUW?

So, I found a spoiler within a TV spot (what a surprise :hmpf_bad:) but I forgot how to do a spoiler tag..... :grin:

Anyways, I feel like we may see a lot more IP's in this if they want to make this like TLM, considering TLG got a lot of new licenses within the past 2-3 years..

Edited by legonerd54321

21 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

So, I found a spoiler within a TV spot (what a surprise :hmpf_bad:) but I forgot how to do a spoiler tag..... :grin:

Anyways, I feel like we may see a lot more IP's in this if they want to make this like TLM, considering TLG got a lot of new licenses within the past 2-3 years..

We'll have to see how successful this is first.

Anyone know if tickets are available yet? I just went to my local theater (Fandango) and they have yet to show it up as available.

Edited by jhuyser

9 hours ago, jhuyser said:

Anyone know if tickets are available yet? I just went my local theater (Fandango) and they have yet to show it up as available.

Well near my area they're starting to go on sale

10 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Sorry for the double post, but I found this...

Reveal hidden contents

It looks like Jackie Chan will play as an adult in the movie too. Shown by one of the new TV spots, it looks like he's holding a Wu prototype thing and is talking to Fynn. https://youtu.be/fhmhHposxNU?t=34s

There is a lot of new TV spot footage I haven't seen in that compilation, thanks for sharing!

Spoiler

If that indeed is Finn seen there in that split second clip, I do wonder what his relation to Jackie Chan's character is? Perhaps he is Finn's martial arts teacher? :shrug_confused:

I also wonder if the events of this film will help set up some of the background for The Lego Movie 2, if Finn will indeed be a part of this movie.