PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

Guys, remember, discussion of the Meowthra set goes in the action themes forum. :wink: This one is for discussing Meowthra's story role. :tongue:

Really excited about the second trailer! I hope the fourth wall break will be limited though, I'm okay with the laser pointer, but Meowthra... not so much. Garmadon is going to be the star of the film, for sure. I bet he's going to conquer everyone's hearts. :laugh: Wouldn't surprise me if he gets to rule Ninjago City in the end.

On 7/26/2017 at 10:04 AM, Exetrius said:

Really excited about the second trailer! I hope the fourth wall break will be limited though, I'm okay with the laser pointer, but Meowthra... not so much. Garmadon is going to be the star of the film, for sure. I bet he's going to conquer everyone's hearts. :laugh: Wouldn't surprise me if he gets to rule Ninjago City in the end.

It would be interesting to know if Meowthra is CGI animated or an actual cat green screened into the film. The latter possibility would be too cool! :grin:

LEGO released trailers for some more sets. But if you want to avoid a movie spoiler, don't watch the one on the Destiny's Bounty.

46 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

LEGO released trailers for some more sets. But if you want to avoid a movie spoiler, don't watch the one on the Destiny's Bounty.

What the hell. Was that really necessary?

They didn't need to show those spoilers to promote that set

16 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Spoilers in a set? I'm going to take your word for it, but is it anything the trailer didn't show?

20 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

It wasn't that spoiler-y. I completely missed it on my first go through. If you don't know it exists, you won't notice it.

On 8/4/2017 at 7:54 PM, Master_Data said:

It wasn't that spoiler-y. 

It seems like a big plot point honestly. Maybe it wasn't easy to catch, but once you do it hits way harder.

Edited by gamejutzu

Wait a minute, if this is set within the TLM universe (as in Finn's imagination), then shouldn't the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (Laserpointer) blow things up and catch it things on fire? I was rewatching the LEGO Movie and when Emmett goes to the Melting Chamber.. they try to take the P.o.R. off of him with.. a laser pointer. And then, how Wyldstyle fights by using the laser pointer..

3 hours ago, legonerd54321 said:

Wait a minute, if this is set within the TLM universe (as in Finn's imagination), then shouldn't the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon (Laserpointer) blow things up and catch it things on fire? I was rewatching the LEGO Movie and when Emmett goes to the Melting Chamber.. they try to take the P.o.R. off of him with.. a laser pointer. And then, how Wyldstyle fights by using the laser pointer..

In the melting rig itself there's a key difference—in that case, the laser was magnified through a lens. Remind me, when Wyldstyle used it was it still hooked up to the lens, or did she use it independently?

So it looks like they're going for the Garmadon redemption arc again...and Meowthra probably is the final act twist.

Oh well...

Edited by Master_Data

^Nope,  but that's a neat find.

EDIT: There's a new TV spot online with

more footage of Meowthra attacking the city, particularly the Fire Mech. I fear they will only continue to spoil the plot.

I'm going to stay away from the movie media for a while.

Edited by Master_Data
New info found

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, Master_Data said:

Hide contents

So it looks like they're going for the Garmadon redemption arc again...and Meowthra probably is the final act twist.

Oh well...

It's not like they've spoiled the lego movies in the trailers before though,...

'Violent flashbacks to the Daleks in the The Lego Batman Movie trailer'

Never mind....

Edited by AgentKallus of Hydra

I still believe this the Kittyzilla will be like at the begining and they will make smart plot twists somwhere. This happened with Lego Movie as well as Batman one.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:18 AM, Lordofdragonss said:

I still believe this the Kittyzilla will be like at the begining and they will make smart plot twists somwhere. This happened with Lego Movie as well as Batman one.

Well, I certainly hope so.

EDIT: The preview now has sound!

I really like Lloyd's new voice. What does everyone think?

Edited by Master_Data