PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

I really hope the cat isn't the major twist in the movie. I want something unexpected like we got with the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie.

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

I really hope the cat isn't the major twist in the movie. I want something unexpected like we got with the Lego Movie and the Lego Batman Movie.

For real? Y'all think the trailer is gonna spoil the movie? Has Warner brothers (or any other movie company for that matter) ever spoiled the movie for you in the trailers? That answer is No...that would be silly. 

That aside I'm even more pumped to see be his movie!! It just looks so funny and not funny in a dumb or crass way, just good old fashion laughs. September 22nd cannot come quick enough.

Edited by LegendsOfNinjago
Wrong thread

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I just watched this about five times to take in the detail, and man, the animation airbrushing shown here is superb! While I initially wasn't thrilled about the blend of natural elements with Lego bricks being done for this film, I have to say, it looks soooooo realistic, and actually pairs quite well! :sweet:

That gag at the end of the trailer with the arm was fun to see, and on a product related side note, I hope we will see that hairpiece of young Misako's in a future set.

Is the CMF Series 15 Queen's hairpiece

Oh that Trailer was something.Really laughed from start to end.The Design is incredible,and a Cat....whaaaat?Guess this is a Nod to all Lego Fans who got their Lego City or Shelf "mixed up" or knocked over by their own Cat.I never had that Problem because i don`t have a Cat but as a Kid i had 6 Zebra Finches and they loved to fool around on my Lego Table back in the 80s.

Is it just me or does the scene where the pedestrians run around after the cat knocks a building over look unfinished?? 

9 minutes ago, LegoShroom said:

Is it just me or does the scene where the pedestrians run around after the cat knocks a building over look unfinished?? 

Well they still have 2 weeks left to finish the movie they said so they will look more finished in the final product. Imo they looked fine but I may have to watch it again to see though 

10 hours ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

For real? Y'all think the trailer is gonna spoil the movie? Has Warner brothers (or any other movie company for that matter) ever spoiled the movie for you in the trailers? That answer is No...that would be silly. 

That aside I'm even more pumped to see be his movie!! It just looks so funny and not funny in a dumb or crass way, just good old fashion laughs. September 22nd cannot come quick enough.

As a matter of fact yes. I didn't watch Dreamworks Trolls because one of the trailers showed a pretty big spoiler.

When you realize that Meowthra is the same exact cat as the one from the "Believe" poster in the real world in The LEGO Movie...

Anyway, fantastic trailer!

I love how the jokes in these movies are actually funny. It's not typical cheesy humor they put in kids movies just for the sake of it, there are some really good jokes there.

Has anyone not mentioned that Meowthra's name is a reference to that of yet another fuzzy kaiju?

I'm also loving how much eye-candy this movie is compared to TLBM (which was technically fitting, so I can let it slide). The "natural" lighting helps I'm sure.

Also crossing my fingers that the in-movie versions of the mechs don't have flimsy/really illegal connections that would hamper someone from trying to replicate them.

2 hours ago, Cagast said:

I love how the jokes in these movies are actually funny. It's not typical cheesy humor they put in kids movies just for the sake of it, there are some really good jokes there.

Hey, cheesy jokes have their place. But it's nice to have some that have some meat to them as well. Add some dry humor and you've practically got a sandwich going. :tongue:

I LOVE how the cat complicates the previously assumed plot, turning the laser pointer we'd seen in the sets from "reused relic weapon from TLM 1" to a targeting device for a newer more dangerous threat.

Garmadon and Misako in war gear reminded me of how in the TV series, Garmadon wanted to recreate Ninjago in his vision alongside his family (I doubt the movie will go that way but I thought it was interesting).

Speaking, A lot of people will probably want the figure of Misako geared up, it's got some cool molds, prints, and piece colors.

Just now, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

Hey has ya seen dis ?! 

I was about to post this:

35704684790_83463ffd21_o.png

Like what the hell is going on?

Is that thing possesed? Is Finn playing with a Ouija board?

I almost threw holy water at the screen

1 minute ago, Robert8 said:

Yeah, I was pretty creeped out too.

also do we know this is Finn's story? 

4 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

As a matter of fact yes. I didn't watch Dreamworks Trolls because one of the trailers showed a pretty big spoiler.

Well, this isn't Dreamworks. I'm sure it's just part of the movie and they'll be a lot more then just this Cat Monster. ??

8 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

The general got throw into the volcano like the great white in the CMF series

I think I'v discovered an interesting plot thing:

Spoiler

So, as Robert8 pointed out, when Lloyd is tackled to the ground by General #1, she has volcano burns all over her body like the Great White CMF. Later in the trailer, Nya is fighting off more charred fish soldiers, who have Garmadon in a cage. Looks like at some point all of Garmadon's old generals are gonna team up and try to take revenge on him.

1 hour ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

also do we know this is Finn's story?

Kebab Bob is there. I assume that's the same universe as The LEGO Movie and The LEGO Batman Movie

1 hour ago, LegendsOfNinjago said:

Well, this isn't Dreamworks. I'm sure it's just part of the movie and they'll be a lot more then just this Cat Monster. ??

The Cat can't be the final enemy or even an important plot point because the point of the sets is to recreate what happened in the movie, and LEGO can't sell a cat with the sets. 

So, it would be weird if they sell a whole line of sets but customers can't recreate the final battle/climax of the movie

I think the cat will just a joke 

42 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I think I'v discovered an interesting plot thing:

Hide contents

So, as Robert8 pointed out, when Lloyd is tackled to the ground by General #1, she has volcano burns all over her body like the Great White CMF. Later in the trailer, Nya is fighting off more charred fish soldiers, who have Garmadon in a cage. Looks like at some point all of Garmadon's old generals are gonna team up and try to take revenge on him.

Agree

That trailer showed a lot. A bit too much IMO

Spoiler

It seems Wu dies at some point ("Master Falls") and Garmadon then becomes the new sensei. 

If Wu dies, like Vitruvius. maybe we'll get a Ghost Wu minifigure in the winter wave

Edited by Robert8

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Cat can't be the final enemy or even an important plot point because the point of the sets is to recreate what happened in the movie, and LEGO can't sell a cat with the sets. 

So, it would be weird if they sell a whole line of sets but customers can't recreate the final battle/climax of the movie

I think the cat will just a joke

I wouldn't count it out as a final threat. Just because the toys are tied in with the movie doesn't mean there can't be a threat external to them. The third-act twist of The Lego Movie (one of the most significant plot points) was barely evident in the toys, and even the Lego Batman Movie sets mostly focused on classic Batman villains who didn't play a huge role in the movie, with only one set featuring any of the "Phantom Zone" villains who represented a much larger and more significant threat. If "Meowthra" is the main threat or a key plot point at the climax of the movie, kids will still be able to make do with the sets they have (including several that feature the laser pointer accessory).

As a side note, I recently bought a "Joy For All" silver and white animatronic cat during my summer internship at Hasbro. Even though it's not a perfect match, I'm amused by the possibility of using it in a Ninjago Movie layout!

By the way, was there a recap of the SDCC panel for TLNM posted by anyone, and if so, was there any discussion about other upcoming cinematic universe films for Lego, known and otherwise?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

By the way, was there a recap of the SDCC panel for TLNM posted by anyone, and if so, was there any discussion about other upcoming cinematic universe films for Lego, known and otherwise?

Isn't there also piranha enemies that will be in the movie as well? Not only was it in the rumored set list, but some enemies on the game seem to be wearing piranha skulls and sporting fangs.

I bring that up because we haven't seen them at all in the movie. They would feature a huge curveball like a cat, but not the piranha enemies?

Edited by gamejutzu

14 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Isn't there also piranha enemies that will be in the movie as well? Not only was it in the rumored set list, but some enemies on the game seem to be wearing piranha skulls and sporting fangs.

I bring that up because we haven't seen them at all in the movie. They would feature a huge curveball like a cat, but not the piranha enemies?

Those enemies don't look like they're part of Garmadon's shark army; they look more like his earlier army that appears in the flashback.