PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

I cannot really take Lloyd seriously in this movie (La-Loyd). Dave Franco is also starring as Oh hai Mark in Disaster Artist movie and it is just too funny. Hope the jokes will sell very well to the audience.

7 hours ago, makoy said:

I cannot really take Lloyd seriously in this movie (La-Loyd). Dave Franco is also starring as Oh hai Mark in Disaster Artist movie and it is just too funny. Hope the jokes will sell very well to the audience.

Dave Franco isn't in The Disaster Artist, it's his brother James Franco.

Between his gravelly voice, sense of self-importance, and mispronunciation of names and places, Movie Garmadon is starting to remind me not unpleasantly of Strong Bad. :tongue:

I find it a bit weird how it seems like the other Ninja won't really have massive roles; all of the marketing has just been for Lloyd and Garmadon.

12 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Dave Franco isn't in The Disaster Artist, it's his brother James Franco.

James is playing Tommy Wiseau (Johnny)

Dave is playing Greg Sestero (Mark)

As for the Ninjago Movie? It looks good, my favourite character so far is probably Gamardon

Just now, Duncan Young said:

James is playing Tommy Wiseau (Johnny)

Dave is playing Greg Sestero (Mark)

As for the Ninjago Movie? It looks good, my favourite character so far is probably Gamardon

Ooooooh thanks that makes sense.

Lego's been live tweeting the SDCC panel; some interesting tidbits have emerged but nothing really groundbreaking.

I believe I have deduced a major plot point from the film based on the description from the new trailer. Pretty big spoilers if true, so you have been warned. Also spoilers for the new trailer.

Spoiler

So in the description of the trailer reporters have said that there is an actual living cat that attacks Ninjago City (Meowthra). With the major inclusion of a laser pointer in many of the sets indicating that it will play a major roll in the film, maybe Garmadon is going to use the laser pointer to command the cat to tell it what and when to destroy. If this is his actual plan, I love it!!! What do you all think?

Edited by GentlemanJoker

9 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

LEGO's twitter just announced that the trailer won't be released until Saturday

Well tomorrow isn't too far away so I guess we'll just have to wait a little bit longer.

5 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:

I believe I have deduced a major plot point from the film based on the description from the new trailer. Pretty big spoilers if true, so you have been warned. Also spoilers for the new trailer.

Hide contents

So in the description of the trailer reporters have said that there is an actual living cat that attacks Ninjago City (Meowthra). With the major inclusion of a laser pointer in many of the sets indicating that it will play a major roll in the film, maybe Garmadon is going to use the laser pointer to command the cat to tell it what and when to destroy. If this is his actual plan, I love it!!! What do you all think?

Let me just say, that sounds brilliant! :head_back:

25 minutes ago, legonerd54321 said:

Here's a treat for you guys! Early!

Hey, I was right about my prediction! Awesome trailer, already broke it down and there are some really interesting vehicles, characters, and other stuff we could get as awesome sets! Also, pause at 2:12 for the most terrifying thing you'll ever see. Period.

While I'm sooooo happy that we got a trailer! I'm very sad that this spoiled a lot... I like that they have to use the laser pointer to defeat the cat though clever. I laughed out loud a lot during the trailer! CAN'T WAIT! 

ALSOOO!!! Calling this! 

Lady Iron Dragon is Misako

[/spolier]

Edited by Ashnflash

Wow this trailer showed a lot which Is bad and good. It seems very funny. It also confirms something one of the sets kind of spoils if you look closely. 

Just now, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I'm glad to see that Garmadon still has some semblance of love for his family.

Edit: Wait, OCTOBER 13?!

October 13th is for the U.K. Only

I feel like the reveal of the cat is unnecessary in the trailer because those people already looking forward for the film feels like it spoils the fun or the surprise element. However, I see the inclusion of the cat as an example on what 'real world' element we can get in this movie to stir the interest of those people on-the-fence. I really hope the trailer didn't give away so much as the voice actors hinted in SDCC panel there are more real world elements included in the movie.

I just watched this about five times to take in the detail, and man, the animation airbrushing shown here is superb! While I initially wasn't thrilled about the blend of natural elements with Lego bricks being done for this film, I have to say, it looks soooooo realistic, and actually pairs quite well! :sweet:

That gag at the end of the trailer with the arm was fun to see, and on a product related side note, I hope we will see that hairpiece of young Misako's in a future set.