PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

30 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With the release of this poster, I'm expecting an inevitable second trailer to follow to be attached to Transformers: The Last Knight being released in cinemas this Wednesday. So perhaps we will see the trailer online tomorrow?

Lego Ninjago Movie is a kids movie though, I am expecting it to be attached with Despicable Me 3

4 hours ago, Rookie875 said:

Then they should be advertising it so more people find out about it.

You'd think that's how it would work, but that's the logic many companies use. They think it'll do bad, they don't advertise so they don't waste money. It seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy, and sometimes it is, but there are also plenty of times when movies that are promoted a lot that flop anyway, because the concept just wasn't that enthralling to the general audience, even if the movie was genuinely good. 

But, hey! New posters are a good sign. Maybe we'll get a new trailer soon.

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With the release of this poster, I'm expecting an inevitable second trailer to follow to be attached to Transformers: The Last Knight being released in cinemas this Wednesday. So perhaps we will see the trailer online tomorrow?

Wouldn't that be announced though?

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Man, that'd be great! I'm not a huge Transformers fan but will be going to see that anyway since I'm working as an intern for Hasbro and will be attending a free screening for employees tomorrow. It'd be amazing to get to see a new trailer for this in front of it!

Speaking of Hasbro, I've also noticed that the My Little Pony movie (due for a little later this fall) has yet to get anything more than a very brief teaser trailer. So for me that makes the situation with this movie (where we've at least gotten a full trailer with actual movie footage) seem a bit less worrying.

Also, on the question of whether a trailer like that would be announced, it's possible that Lego wouldn't want to directly send fans to a movie based on a property owned by one of their biggest competitors... :tongue:

Edited by Lyichir

Both of them look way too young

The one with the new hairpiece looks like a woman on her early 20's

First is right. 

Misako/Koko is basically the movie version of Claire from the Temple of Airjitzu... NOT Misako. I'd definitely prefer the one who looks more like her show counterpart.

On 21/06/2017 at 5:09 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Wrong Image! 

No. The first image was correct. That is Ivy Walker who is assumed to be Jay's sister.

Edited by Peppermint_M
Quoting Pictures is not needed when they are on the same page as your reply.

32 minutes ago, Rookie875 said:

No. The first image was correct. That is Ivy Walker who is assumed to be Jay's sister.

Where's the source for that?

Okay, I see a source, but I don't see what directly states who's who.

Edited by GarmaFan

20 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

Where's the source for that?

Okay, I see a source, but I don't see what directly states who's who.

It says it on the top of the box.

Oh, I see now. Well.. that's an odd choice, but whatever.. could be an error?

Edited by GarmaFan

I thought I might have been remembering it wrong, but she looks almost exactly like Claire from the Airjitzu Temple set. 

latest?cb=20150708173419

It's looking like the figure with the orange hair is the movie version of Misako. Kind of disappointed really, it doesn't look like her at all.

I thought the one with the qipao was Miasko and I was okay with it...

I am not really keen on seeing this movies since it was stated that it will be similar to "The Lego Movie" which I didnt like at all, but I am still happy they made it because I really like the sets and the cmf line that come with it. Is it strange, that I think about it this way?

2 minutes ago, Daimar said:

I am not really keen on seeing this movies since it was stated that it will be similar to "The Lego Movie" which I didnt like at all, but I am still happy they made it because I really like the sets and the cmf line that come with it. Is it strange, that I think about it this way?

Yes, probably. :tongue:  The humor or plot may not have been your thing, but as a LEGO fan, I think you should at least have enjoyed the pseudo brick-built scenes and animation. 

What bugs me is that thus far, we have only very briefly seen a non-urban setting. The monastery from The Master's short looked promising, as well as the scene from the trailer with the marching army. I don't dislike fast-paced action fights with mechs and vehicles across a metropolis, but TLM already went there (a million other films, too). But what happened to Spinjitzu and the elemental powers? Where is the quest for ancient artifacts and in the most remote of places; high up in the mountains, deep in the caves, far into the forest and across the desert? The balance between good and evil; the realms?

The mythical vibe that is so peculiar to Ninjago, seems completely absent from the film trailer and sets. :sad:

3 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Yes, probably. :tongue:  The humor or plot may not have been your thing, but as a LEGO fan, I think you should at least have enjoyed the pseudo brick-built scenes and animation. 

What bugs me is that thus far, we have only very briefly seen a non-urban setting. The monastery from The Master's short looked promising, as well as the scene from the trailer with the marching army. I don't dislike fast-paced action fights with mechs and vehicles across a metropolis, but TLM already went there (a million other films, too). But what happened to Spinjitzu and the elemental powers? Where is the quest for ancient artifacts and in the most remote of places; high up in the mountains, deep in the caves, far into the forest and across the desert? The balance between good and evil; the realms?

The mythical vibe that is so peculiar to Ninjago, seems completely absent from the film trailer and sets. :sad:

Well there is the Temple of the Ultimate Ultimate Weapon and that bridge, so hopefully the ninja will have a quest through the jungle and into the ancient temple, sort of creating that vibe.

7 hours ago, Exetrius said:

The vibe that we get in the movie is a little more stereotypical and movie-esque than what we see in the usual Ninjago in my opinion. It would have been amazing if the dragons were in the movie, to provide that originality and Ninjago feel. A lot of these sets are based in the city, which you have to admit, we don't see much in regular NInjago.

There's a lot more references to the original Ninjago than I thought there would be. But they are in the sets. I hope they carry over to the movie as well.

Edited by gamejutzu

CGI Misako looks a lot better than the minifigure we've seen. I mean, that's usually the case when CG and Lego are involved, but the movie is what the sets are based on, like how Misako in the TV show is what was used to make the Misako figure.

People were speculating a movie trailer around this week, looks like we got a game trailer instead :roflmao:

Edited by gamejutzu

I know a trailer will almost certainly be shown at Comic Con, but it's important to keep a movie in people’s minds, and only fans are going to actively hunt for info. Not sure if they just have that much faith in LEGO movies to sell themselves now (and that's probably earned), or if they’re setting it up to flop. And if it's the former, I hope it's true.. 

Edited by GarmaFan