PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

3 hours ago, Chibs said:

This is good information but you should probably share it in the Ninjago 2017 sets topic in the action themes forum. This topic is more for discussion of the movie itself, not the accompanying products (and prices alone don't give much insight into that).

About the set leaks:

Spoiler

Ed and Edna, seem to be almost exactly the same. Same hair pieces, too. I'm one of the first people to defend the redesigns, but if they only changed their designs and not Wu, Garmadon, and *familiar characters*, it kinda feels like they changed their designs for the sake of it. I mean, I get it, they have to be different for the sake of brand separation, yet similar enough for the sake of brand recognition, completely acceptable. But, I feel like they should've made more changes to other characters, just to be consistent. 

2 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

About the set leaks:

Hide contents

Ed and Edna, seem to be almost exactly the same. Same hair pieces, too. I'm one of the first people to defend the redesigns, but if they only changed their designs and not Wu, Garmadon, and *familiar characters*, it kinda feels like they changed their designs for the sake of it. I mean, I get it, they have to be different for the sake of brand separation, yet similar enough for the sake of brand recognition, completely acceptable. But, I feel like they should've made more changes to other characters, just to be consistent. 

It could be a case where they wanted to keep them looking similar to their original depictions

specifically because neither character had been released in sets before, so they wanted to release versions that could be used for either the TV or movie versions. :look:

It seems i'm late once again. Does anyone know what set 

Spoiler

Ed and Edna

were seen in?

Edited by gamejutzu

Just now, gamejutzu said:

It seems i'm late once again. Does anyone know what set [a certain spoiler] were seen in?

Spoilers :P

Jay's Lightning Jet

Edited by VaderFan2187
Format errors

2 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:
2 minutes ago, gamejutzu said:

Reveal hidden contents

were seen in?

SPOILER!!  :wink:

Jay's Lightning Jet.

Funnily enough, I found that out myself a minute ago! Now to find pictures... :look:

Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that Lloyd's Dragon includes Wu, L-loyd, Garmadon, and some random guy called Charlie? Why not Misako?

Edited by gamejutzu

Just now, gamejutzu said:

some random guy called Charlie?

Charlie is a Garmadon goon. Otherwise that set wouldn't have any generic bad guys at all.

I hope Misako shows up in the movie...

23 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Charlie is a Garmadon goon. Otherwise that set wouldn't have any generic bad guys at all.

I mean, Misako would be more fitting. You'd have the whole family lined up.

Also, nice to see the classic spinjitzu visual return while observing the set pictures

Edited by gamejutzu

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Misako's name is shortened down to Koko in TLNM. So if there is ever any info the comes out on Koko, that's who they're referring to.

I noticed some potential plot stuff in the set images that recently surfaced:

Spoiler

The laser weapon that Garmadon has in the mechdragon set also appears in the bounty, being held by Nya. The weapon has a chain on the end which leads me to believe that it is a keychain laser pointer and therefore, a relic from the real world. 

13 hours ago, JasonEffex said:

I noticed some potential plot stuff in the set images that recently surfaced:

Reveal hidden contents

The laser weapon that Garmadon has in the mechdragon set also appears in the bounty, being held by Nya. The weapon has a chain on the end which leads me to believe that it is a keychain laser pointer and therefore, a relic from the real world. 

Nice catch - yeah, the weapon seems to be almost certainly what you've described, down to the keyring and all. Interesting...

So... has this been delayed, or what? Three months left, and we only have one trailer. Come on, Warner Bros.. gotta advertise your movie if you want it to succeed.. 

Didn't the previous ones get the second trailer within a day?

35 minutes ago, GarmaFan said:

So... has this been delayed, or what? Three months left, and we only have one trailer. Come on, Warner Bros.. gotta advertise your movie if you want it to succeed.. 

Didn't the previous ones get the second trailer within a day?

Yeah, TLBM had about 4 trailers, and trailers 3 & 4 were spaced pretty decently. They haven't even announced the Ninjago Movie game.

I heard Comic-Con is next month... Maybe some stuff regarding both the movie and the game will be there? 

Yeah, TLBM had a trailer at Comic-Con last year, so I imagine Ninjago will. My best guess, anyways.

Ninjago has had a panel at SDCC for the past few years IIRC. If there's one again this year, it'll almost certainly include more info about the movie, probably including a new trailer.

13 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Ninjago has had a panel at SDCC for the past few years IIRC. If there's one again this year, it'll almost certainly include more info about the movie, probably including a new trailer.

I'm more concerned about how they've spaced them out than that they're releasing it eventually. The movie will be two months away at that point. I don't want it to flop because everyone forgot about it. 

LBM did have one at SDCC but that was when the movie was coming out in Febraury. This movie comes out in September :sceptic:

This is odd indeed 

The movie is only 3 months away

At this point there sould be more promotion

Both LEGO Movie and Batman Movie had more promotion at this point

11 hours ago, Robert8 said:

This is odd indeed 

The movie is only 3 months away

At this point there sould be more promotion

Both LEGO Movie and Batman Movie had more promotion at this point

This was shared on the set discussion thread, but this was posted by Lego in promotion of the film for Father's Day. Some are speculating it could be a potential CMF.

20 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

What if Warner Bros. lacks confidence in the movie because it's a comparatively lesser known property? 

Then they should be advertising it so more people find out about it.

With the release of this poster, I'm expecting an inevitable second trailer to follow to be attached to Transformers: The Last Knight being released in cinemas this Wednesday. So perhaps we will see the trailer online tomorrow?

I love how Cole's just got his arms crossed and is sliding down with his feet. Hope to see a trailer!

6 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

With the release of this poster, I'm expecting an inevitable second trailer to follow to be attached to Transformers: The Last Knight being released in cinemas this Wednesday. So perhaps we will see the trailer online tomorrow?

I sure as heck hope so. This movie needs more promotion.