PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

18 hours ago, GarmaFan said:

Fingers crossed the trailer comes out this weekend!

So.. now he has a new suit. Though I do wonder about the logistics of Lloyd looking like his TV counterpart in the LEGO Movie, but is different in the LEGO Ninjago Movie. I guess he got new clothes. Or old clothes... could the LEGO Ninjago Movie be before the LEGO Movie?

I don't think the split-second Lego Movie cameo will be addressed, as far as the clothes change goes. The suit he wears there could simply be another alternate suit this movie's version of Lloyd had and is unrelated to the TV show gi.

Zane's haircut is terrifying. I do like how his torso feels very Classic Space in its design, though. Not sure I like the whole 80's action movie vibe they're going for, even as a parody of it.

1 hour ago, npgcole said:

I don't like their faces, only Nya's seems right. Zane's overall look is disturbing. And I agree that he looks more like an astronaut.

Other than that, what the voice actors said sounds surprisingly interesting. I'm glad to hear the ninjago movie won't be an exception in "Lego Cinematic Universe" when it comes to pieces of comedy that adults like, I really thought they would ditch that for Ninjago at least.

Well, from being a simple Lego action theme with a cliche 40 minute long ad, which was supposed to be cancelled after 2 years, to a blockbuster movie for which Jackie Chan's team does fighting scenes... Who would've thought Ninjago would be this successful?

19 minutes ago, GentlemanJoker said:

Wow, those hair pieces are phenomenal!

I totally agree! Some people are getting upset that they look weird. But I love Kai's hair! Like its like an exaggeration of his normal one. All around, really awesome! 

As mentioned in the Ninjago thread, I actually quite like these and the expressions remind me of Alpha Team, something I loved back in the day.

Still very different from the show, but, looking at them on their own, I'd say that they're pretty good designs that show their personalities. I like all the costumes, but Zane's looks too.. rectangular. 

Who's mans is this

whos mans.PNG

Also I'm not a big fan of those hair pieces. I kind of like Cole's hair and his outfit is alright, but I think the only one I'm completely okay with is Nya. She looks great. Kai's hair is way too big as well.

Also... What? "Kids will dig Lord Garmadon riding a large mechanical shark with legs"... That sounds more like Chen than Garmadon...

Edited by gamejutzu

Their haircuts are okay I guess (minus Zane's horrific one) but somehow their expressions are terrifying. Their eyes look ready to freak one out.

And what happened to my favorite ninja Jay? He looks nothing like the TV series one :look::thumbdown:

Not really digging Kai at all. His hair looks ridiculous and I don't like the fact that he's wearing red. That really doesn't fit with the whole "realistic ninja garb" look they are going for with the others. The others look okay. It's a bit odd that Nya kinda looks like she has Pixal's hairpiece, and is she wearing flip flops?:wacko: I'm loving Zane though. His angular design really matches with his robotic personality and I don't see what is so "horrific" about his hair. Looks very close to his usual hair style to me, just with the sideburns shaved off. After Lloyd, I'd say he's the closest to his original design. Then again, maybe I'm biased since he's my fav.:grin:

I'm pretty much okay with all of them besides Zane. Not really a fan of Cole's hair either. But still, they all fit their character archetypes, so that's good.

I recently started watching Ninjago from the Pilot to Season 1 and am on Season 2. I really liked the Season 1 colors and ninja costumes.

Was there anything bad about the cartoon to motivate the movie makers to change the colors and the look of the characters and have it be unrelated to the cartoon? I'm not digging the new hairdos, the minimizing of the colors, Jay's freckles, Lloyd and Kai having weird faces. I would have been interested in the movie without celeb voices.

14 minutes ago, BubbaFit45531 said:

Was there anything bad about the cartoon to motivate the movie makers to change the colors and the look of the characters and have it be unrelated to the cartoon? I'm not digging the new hairdos, the minimizing of the colors, Jay's freckles, Lloyd and Kai having weird faces. I would have been interested in the movie without celeb voices.

What people need to understand is that this is not meant to be a movie version of the TV show. Much like the Lego Batman Movie, this film is putting a humorous new spin on a beloved franchise, hence the exaggerated character designs. There's nothing wrong with the TV show, this is simply a different interpretation of it.

9 minutes ago, BrickFit26 said:

Is Nya wearing a new skirt piece, is it fabric or is it a new mould?

Yes, it's a new fabric piece.

3 hours ago, Oky said:

is she wearing flip flops?:wacko:

You know, all the Hands of Time ninja (and the samurai) are wearing sandals as well...

I'd say Nya is wearing sandals rather than flip flops, because if she were wearing those, her feet would be yellow instead of black.

3 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

the only one I'm completely okay with is Nya. She looks great.

Unless Nya is wearing socks and sandals... Then I will retract this statement :cry_sad:

3 hours ago, Oky said:

It's a bit odd that Nya kinda looks like she has Pixal's hairpiece

Looking closely, she doesn't have the same hair! She actually has a bun or something, like Cole's hairpiece

Edited by gamejutzu

I like how the ninja look. They match the characterizations the story has given them rather well.

I'm just a bit concerned with Zane. It might just be a freeze frame that has him smiling like that, but I truly hope that he isn't there purely for comedy relief. That's just too much out of the ordinary for Zane.

16 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

I'm just a bit concerned with Zane. It might just be a freeze frame that has him smiling like that, but I truly hope that he isn't there purely for comedy relief. That's just too much out of the ordinary for Zane.

They might try and give him more of an Echo Zane personality, kind of like Benny.

But with a face like that, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the most ruthless and coldhearted ninja :roflmao:

Edited by gamejutzu

I like how the ninja look. They match the characterizations the story has given them rather well.

Well, now that I think about it, that screen cap was probably chosen because the characters' expressions match up with their character descriptions. Jay's the comic-relief in the show, but looks like he's gonna be the awkward nerd in this. Zane's description is just "robot". So... dang, looks like they're setting him up for that role. The robot's always the comic-relief in movies, I guess? Maybe the comedy will be him acting like he did in the pilot and Season 1, with him reacting strangely to things and not understanding human behavior very well. I'd sure hope so.. because him trying to be funny would be odd.

Edited by GarmaFan

20 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

You know, all the Hands of Time ninja (and the samurai) are wearing sandals as well...

I'd say Nya is wearing sandals rather than flip flops, because if she were wearing those, her feet would be yellow instead of black.

Unless Nya is wearing socks and sandals... Then I will retract this statement :cry_sad:

Looking closely, she doesn't have the same hair! She actually has a bun or something, like Cole's hairpiece

I guess they're supposed to be Japanese geta, but it just looks odd as you don't see the feet, making it seem like she's wearing them over socks. Same goes for the Hands of Time figs.

And yes, I know it's not exactly the same hairpiece. I'm just saying it's odd how similar it is.

Is it though? I mean, Zane has served as comedy relief quite often in the show, especially in recent seasons. Not as much as Jay of course, but they still make a lot of robot jokes with him, and the movie will probably continue that trend. Either way, it's hard to judge the characters from just this one image, so let's reserve our judgement at least until the first trailer.

This seems like a Ninjago Parody. They are almost totally re-designed. Cole's color changed from black to brown- that's Dareth's color!!? :angry:  And Jay is insecure?  What?  Since when?  At least Lloyd will finally be voiced by a male actor. And I found it hard enough to believe Nya could design, afford and build a samurai robot before and now they are high school students?  It seems like some Garmadon type finally got a hold of the script and remade it in his own image.  This reminds me of when somebody re-drew the Scooby-doo gang and made them unwatchable.  As much as I'd like to see a Ninjago movie, this one would probably give me nightmares.  I can't wait.  It's like driving by an accident on the road and you just have to look even though you really don't want to see.

2 hours ago, Arctic_Ace said:

And I found it hard enough to believe Nya could design, afford and build a samurai robot before and now they are high school students?  

Alternate

Continuity