PenPlays

The Lego Ninjago Movie (2017)

Giant robots? Sounds like the final story arc of Bionicle with Makuta as a continent. I'm liking it so far! :grin::thumbup:

Besides, the kaiju reference was quite vague.

Maybe there's another Ninjago ancient legend? (I love those). This one could be about two mythical beings at war, one light and one darkness, who've slept for years. The ninja may need to help, and the team may even be split on which deity to defend.

There could be a war waged as well, with darkness minions turning the sky black or something.

Or the giant robot could be the Overlord or Garmadon returning.

Exactly my thoughts! I hope that they dive into the profound mysteries existing in the Ninjago realm and I'd like it to be at least as epic as the final battle, plot wise.

On another note, I wonder if the music will be done by the same composer as the one from the show. I really like his music!

On another note, I wonder if the music will be done by the same composer as the one from the show. I really like his music!

Their music, actually. It's two people (Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer). And I agree, the musical score of the show really adds a lot to it. I hope that the music for the movie is either made by them or heavily inspired by the music they've written for the show.

I also hope they keep a lot of the voice talent from the TV show. I'm a bit more concerned about that aspect since it's not unheard of for theatrical movies (even animated ones like The LEGO Movie) to want to get big names to help put people in seats. Despite not being A-list Hollywood actors, the voice actors for the show are extremely experienced and great at what they do. It's not that I doubt other actors could measure up, but if the voices change noticeably I think it will be a point of contention for many fans of the show.

Their music, actually. It's two people (Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer). And I agree, the musical score of the show really adds a lot to it. I hope that the music for the movie is either made by them or heavily inspired by the music they've written for the show.

I also hope they keep a lot of the voice talent from the TV show. I'm a bit more concerned about that aspect since it's not unheard of for theatrical movies (even animated ones like The LEGO Movie) to want to get big names to help put people in seats. Despite not being A-list Hollywood actors, the voice actors for the show are extremely experienced and great at what they do. It's not that I doubt other actors could measure up, but if the voices change noticeably I think it will be a point of contention for many fans of the show.

Ah, two people, my bet!. :grin: I absolutely agree on this, if they changed voices that would be very weird, especially since it's canon. Besides, I there is nothing to complain about the voices at all, in my opinion. Sensei Wu's and Jay's are my favorites, they'd better not mess those up!

Edited by Exetrius

canon.

It is??

Wow, I thought I was caught up with development news...

Do you think the CMF series will feature the elemental masters like Ash and Shade?

Edited by gamejutzu

It is??

Wow, I thought I was caught up with development news...

No. It would be canon in the movie universe, yes, but thankfully that doesn't effect the TV show, or if I recall what the Hagemans said on twitter a while ago correctly.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm not quite sure where that info came from...

It's a completely different story though, so I would only assume that the TV show, and the Movie are unrelated.

Edited by Penkid11

Sorry for the confusion! I might have messed that up with that life show, which was confirmed canon by via twitter.

I'm willing to bet this is going to be a parody of you typical 'high school superhero' movie, given how the LEGO Batman movie looks to be a parody of superhero movies and the LEGO movie was a parody of... pretty much everything.

I'm willing to bet this is going to be a parody of you typical 'high school superhero' movie, given how the LEGO Batman movie looks to be a parody of superhero movies and the LEGO movie was a parody of... pretty much everything.

Could be a parody of the Harry Potter films, seeing as the wizarding school Hogwarts had a big presence in them.

Could be a parody of the Harry Potter films, seeing as the wizarding school Hogwarts had a big presence in them.

Hogwarts? What influence could that have? I don't see any link between Hogwarts, Ninjago, and even the Ninjago movie.

I'm willing to bet that if it is going to be a parody, it will either be a parody of those huge prophecy movies, or stereotypical action/martial arts/blockbuster movies.

Edited by gamejutzu

Hogwarts? What influence could that have? I don't see any link between Hogwarts, Ninjago, and even the Ninjago movie.

I'm willing to bet that if it is going to be a parody, it will either be a parody of those huge prophecy movies, or stereotypical action/martial arts/blockbuster movies.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sounds as though its focus is on school students and Harry Potter was about school students. Also; it had quite a big element of prophecy.

The LEGO Ninjago Movie sounds as though its focus is on school students and Harry Potter was about school students. Also; it had quite a big element of prophecy.

So Ninjago has magic, a prophecy and school life with Harry Potter in common, so what? The 'school' genre is a little bigger than that... http://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/23/School Really no reason to think it would be a parody of HP in particular. :wink:

Nah, the focus is on the characters, who also happen to be school students. And a lot of movies and such have prophecies as well.

The only actual magic using characters in Ninjago are sorcerers like Clouse, and on a lesser scale, Pythor.

However, if the parody theory is actually correct, than we will be seeing parodies of lots more films and such, than just Harry Potter. Especially Cole with his new ghost scar and all...

Nah, the focus is on the characters, who also happen to be school students. And a lot of movies and such have prophecies as well.

The only actual magic using characters in Ninjago are sorcerers like Clouse, and on a lesser scale, Pythor.

Elemental powers may not be actual spells or curses or anything like that, but they could still qualify as magic. But I agree, there are a lot of directions they could go with a school setting, and I don't particularly expect them to leaning in a Harry Potter "magic school" direction. The way the synopsis we've heard puts things, it sounds like the ninja's school lives will be largely separate from their magical ninja lives.

Was this confirmed to be TLM/TLBM style?

Likely, and by the way it's been described that one time (The LEGO Movie in a Ninja world), it may be.

Omg, there's news!! Indeed, I wouldn't have imagined it being so different, but I think that's good. What is a little odd are the categories under "themes". If I were to describe the tv series with a list like that, at least 'supernatural', 'fantasy' and maybe even 'sci-fi' should be present. 'Martial arts' and 'outdoor adventure sound good', though. The figs are probably preliminary to a certain extent.

Jackie Chan as Sensei Wu? I'm very much OK with that! Although I feel like he would have been better as Zane.

Also, if this is true, they better have Kai explain the backstory of the ninja.

Civilian: So Kai, how did you become a ninja?

Kai: So I was at my blacksmith shop making weapons, right, and I was talking to my sister Nya and she was tellin' me about this lightning guy Jay she went out with last night, so this lightning guy was saying to this old sensei guy: "Yo, check out the girl I'm with! She's fine right?" And the old guy goes: "Yeah, crazy stupid fine!" And the old guy tells Jay that he met with this Garmadon kid who is the son of this evil four-armed dude and the kid says: "Yo, I'm looking for this dude who no one's seen, who's flashin' this fresh attack, who's got like ninja moves, to take down my dad, right. Who you got?" And the sensei is like: "Well, we got all kinds of ninja nowadays. We got a ninja who controls ice, we got a ninja who controls rocks, we got a ninja who controls lighting. You gotta be more specific." And the kid's like: "I need a ninja who controls fire." And I'm like: "Damn!" So I ask my sister to tell the lighting dude to tell the old guy to tell the kid that she and I were tight."

Civilian: And what did he say?

Kai: ... He said YES!

Whoa, that is really interesting! Jackie Chan as Sensei Wu is perfect, I have to say! The others are completely unexpected, but I'm sure they'll be great. I'm excited to hear about the villains, if they're going to take some pre-existing villains or create a new one. Hoping for some more news at SDCC!

Civilian: So Kai, how did you become a ninja?

Kai: So I was at my blacksmith shop making weapons, right, and I was talking to my sister Nya and she was tellin' me about this lightning guy Jay she went out with last night, so this lightning guy was saying to this old sensei guy: "Yo, check out the girl I'm with! She's fine right?" And the old guy goes: "Yeah, crazy stupid fine!" And the old guy tells Jay that he met with this Garmadon kid who is the son of this evil four-armed dude and the kid says: "Yo, I'm looking for this dude who no one's seen, who's flashin' this fresh attack, who's got like ninja moves, to take down my dad, right. Who you got?" And the sensei is like: "Well, we got all kinds of ninja nowadays. We got a ninja who controls ice, we got a ninja who controls rocks, we got a ninja who controls lighting. You gotta be more specific." And the kid's like: "I need a ninja who controls fire." And I'm like: "Damn!" So I ask my sister to tell the lighting dude to tell the old guy to tell the kid that she and I were tight."

Civilian: And what did he say?

Kai: ... He said YES!

This is gonna be a long movie. :laugh:

Reminder that I'm very happy this movie won't be interfering with the TV show.

HOWEVER,

This cast is quite star studded. I'm open to see where this goes. I will remain positive that the cast is strong, and will hope for some actual footage or teaser will show up soon to reassure how this will turn out.

Well... This is... Interesting. I'm reserving judgement until I see a trailer, but I'm quite excited for Jackie Chan as Sensei Wu... :)