Ordinareo

The LEGO Batman Movie

1 hour ago, SpiderSpaceman said:

Warner Bros Animation and Tt Games love to act like this piece is a piece you can get readily in a variety of colors:

4569335.jpg

It's kind of cruel.

What's worse is that, due to the fact that it's made of the same material as the Friends hair, we would never be able to get it in translucent colors.

1 minute ago, Penkid11 said:

What's worse is that, due to the fact that it's made of the same material as the Friends hair, we would never be able to get it in translucent colors.

Yeah, it kinda bugs me when I see stuff like the flower stem piece in a translucent color.

15 hours ago, npgcole said:

Yeah, it kinda bugs me when I see stuff like the flower stem piece in a translucent color.

Yeah like the emmet's shower/gunfire effect? I wish they would make some of that too. Good for brick filmers and people making dynamic battle action displays. 

Honestly I could settle for solid light blue and red

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

This'll change the subject, but you know what I really want?

A TLBM animated series/miniseries devoted to showing off weird Batsuits, weird vehicles, and weird villains. It just seems like such a waste to cram the movie full of awesome designs only to use them for a couple of quick, cheap gags.

15 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

Eh, they could always manufacture new molds to make the same shape in other materials - I just don't think they have any interest in doing so. But there have been reissued part shapes in the past. For example, diver flippers - went from a paired breakaway part to a single, basically the same geometry, from a softer plastic to a harder plastic I think. Which has been done with the Dino tail tip/tentacle and the Ben 10 tail- a part that actually survived into profuse ccbs and system use. 

2 hours ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

This'll change the subject, but you know what I really want?

A TLBM animated series/miniseries devoted to showing off weird Batsuits, weird vehicles, and weird villains. It just seems like such a waste to cram the movie full of awesome designs only to use them for a couple of quick, cheap gags.

Certainly a good time to change subject I was starting to feel like a movie discussion derailer.

I like that idea to give some spotlight to all the underutilized movie assets, like you're saying. I wouldn't want it to reserve shelf space for more products though, as much as I'm loving all the Lego batman products - I don't think we're getting any regular DC content with LBM and Justice League this year. And the "justice league action" cartoon that's been launched is special-made for reaching into every corner of DC comics and making it all viable for toys - even things that aren't classically kid friendly. If LEGO can ride that train and get us a big variety of comics style characters, I'd like that to take up the set slots. 

25 minutes ago, Kaanere said:

I spotted

Hide contents

an Apple iPhone-branded tile! Looks like Lego has fallen in the product placement hole.

It was propably part of the deal so they could use Siri to voice Batcomputer.

4 hours ago, Kaanere said:

I spotted

Reveal hidden contents

an Apple iPhone-branded tile! Looks like Lego has fallen in the product placement hole.

And what of the Kragle?

It's Krazy Glue, and they had to print stickers of their logo for the Lord Business' Evil Lair.

That wasn't a brand deal? :sarcasm_smug:

I find it interesting that while the movie uses actual iPhone tiles, marketing materials (like some graphics for store displays I've seen at Target) instead brand them as "Phone!" (with an exclamation point at the end instead of a lowercase "I" at the beginning). Probably a matter of either not wanting to pay for that usage or perhaps not even being allowed to use that branding on displays advertising non-Apple products.

16 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

And what of the Kragle?

It's Krazy Glue, and they had to print stickers of their logo for the Lord Business' Evil Lair.

That wasn't a brand deal? :sarcasm_smug:

I didn't know that it was a real brand (not sold where I live). But Krazy Glue made plot-wise sense because the kid used real objects to play with Lego, but there isn't a real iPhone tile (that I've heard of).

Spoiler

They FINALLY released this as a YouTube Video, so now we can see of the little details! I'd recommend watching the movie before you watch this.

2 hours ago, GentlemanJoker said:
  Reveal hidden contents

They FINALLY released this as a YouTube Video, so now we can see of the little details! I'd recommend watching the movie before you watch this.

That thing is the greatest....

One of my favourite parts of the movie.. ^^

10 hours ago, Kaanere said:

I didn't know that it was a real brand (not sold where I live). But Krazy Glue made plot-wise sense because the kid used real objects to play with Lego, but there isn't a real iPhone tile (that I've heard of).

I suppose iPhone does make sense as an expensive product a rich guy would use, so it isn't too out of the blue.

I think the iPhone branding is a requirement for having Siri voice the Batcomputer (which was a joke, treating the voice of Siri like an actual actress right down to listing her in the end credits).

I don't remember where I saw it but someone here was saying something about their not being as many TV spots or anything and that having to do with the success with the movie? It doesn't. It's been a month since it came out, even Rogue One and Marvel movies don't have commercials playing a month later. 

But yes looking at the numbers TLBM has not done as well as the TLM. It's $100,000,000 short of the first. But it also came out at a bad time with big movies like Logan and Beauty and the Beast coming out pretty soon after it. 

I just saw this movie. It was REALLY GOOD. I personally think The Lego Movie was better by the slightest of margins, but this is really close in my opinion.

Does this allude or tie to the previous Lego Movie, or future movies? Anywhere in the movie?

7 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I just saw this movie. It was REALLY GOOD. I personally think The Lego Movie was better by the slightest of margins, but this is really close in my opinion.

Does this allude or tie to the previous Lego Movie, or future movies? Anywhere in the movie?

I didn't spot any reference.

7 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

Footage from The Lego Movie is used on the news program talking about the abyss located below Gotham City. Batman also retains his Master Building skills from The Lego Movie.

It's hard to definitively tell whether anything is meant as a reference to future movies (since there isn't much in the way of obvious teasers or cliffhangers), but I've seen people speculate that when Phyllis refers to her "boss" in the Phantom Zone, it might be referencing Finn's sister.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Hide contents

Footage from The Lego Movie is used on the news program talking about the abyss located below Gotham City. Batman also retains his Master Building skills from The Lego Movie.

It's hard to definitively tell whether anything is meant as a reference to future movies (since there isn't much in the way of obvious teasers or cliffhangers), but I've seen people speculate that when Phyllis refers to her "boss" in the Phantom Zone, it might be referencing Finn's sister.

I thought of something right now, in TLM, Batman was working with the other characters. Like a team. That was the whole focus of TLBM, maybe that movie takes place before TLM?

23 hours ago, gamejutzu said:

I thought of something right now, in TLM, Batman was working with the other characters. Like a team. That was the whole focus of TLBM, maybe that movie takes place before TLM?

TLBM uses footage form the LEGO Movie to show what it'd be like if Gotham fell into the void. TLM definitely happens first.

On 3/27/2017 at 2:43 PM, gamejutzu said:

Not really. In addition to the footage from TLM being used, Batman's character development from TLBM directly extends from the end of TLM. For the entirety of TLM, Batman was resistant to working as a team with others and at the end of it, even his first decent treatment of Wyldstyle essentially constitutes pushing her away. TLBM is all about how being a brooding loner who rejects meaningful relationships with others is a fundamentally unhealthy way of dealing with his past trauma and does not in fact make him a better hero.

Hm, yeah, it was something I thought of on the spot. I guess he thought of the Lego Movie crew as fans or something, kind of like how he took robin out to get the phantom gun.