Ordinareo

The LEGO Batman Movie

It's a shame they didn't get Mark Hamill to do the Joker, he would have been quite good.

I like how the teaser made reference to all the previous Batman Films. I think overall, it looks like an all round great, comedy film.

I agree... But who knows maybe Mark Hamill could make a cameo like how the other actors who have played Batman in the past have cameos or something

I just saw the new trailer, and I have high hopes! Also, does anyone think Batman will have a love interest, and if so, who do you think it will be? A hero, maybe Wonder Woman, a villain, maybe Catwoman, or a civilian, maybe Vicki Vale.

What's your avatar CM4Sci? Is it a hint?

MOC I'm working on. 2nd person that's thought it was a hint, lol. Oops.

So judging by the trailer there are new variants for...

Batman (obviously)

Cyborg

Green Arrow

Scarecrow

Catwoman

Killer Croc

Bane (maybe we will finally get him as a big-fig)

Captain Boomerang

Also sets could include...

Batman's flying thing

Scarecrow's flying thing

Bane's tank

Catwoman's bike

Killer Croc's monster truck thing

Batcave

And this is only the first teaser....

Edited by Rookie875

I just saw the new trailer, and I have high hopes! Also, does anyone think Batman will have a love interest, and if so, who do you think it will be? A hero, maybe Wonder Woman, a villain, maybe Catwoman, or a civilian, maybe Vicki Vale.

Maybe it'll take place before The LEGO Movie and Wyldstyle will be his love interest?

Amount of bat-costumes is just.. wow :D Also kinda strange, that Green Arrow is part of Justice League in movie and have new design. By new I mean that we didn't have such in sets. Maybe thats kinda new spoiler from Lego to upcoming Justice League movie? ))

Loving the ridiculous bat-suits, but man oh man, I want that Green Arrow! I couldn't be bothered to hang onto the one from Darkseid Invasion, but I would jump on this one. I guess I'm biased towards Super-Friends era designs for some characters. *cough Firestorm please cough cough irrelevant, i know cough*

The "Bat Fanny-Pack"...

I didn't realize it until I read it, but this comment goes a long way toward explaining by mixed emotions on this piece. On the one hand, cool, a new piece, but on the other hand....yeah, Bat-Fanny-Pack. I'm also not really a fan of things that raise the standard minifig height. Backpacks, cool shoulder pads, etc, often look cool, but that small height differential bugs me in the back of my mind. In this case, I don't know if I care to make that trade. Though, being honest, I totally want one, but I definitely DON'T want it to become a standard, which, now that I say it, seems extremely unlikely. Screw it, bring on the fanny-pack!

I was actually thinking that it'd be funny if as an end-credits gag they showed a real Batman (played, of course, by Will Arnett) playing with LEGO Batman. Unlike The LEGO Movie, it wouldn't be strictly a part of the story, just a joking implication that if Batman played with LEGO, this is the sort of story he might tell. :tongue:

I whole-heartedly support your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

It's a shame they didn't get Mark Hamill to do the Joker, he would have been quite good.

I like how the teaser made reference to all the previous Batman Films. I think overall, it looks like an all round great, comedy film.

Don't get me wrong, I adore Hamill as the Joker (coincidentally, B:TAS is actually on playing on my TV screen RIGHT NOW), but I'm curious to see a different take. I don't think Galifianakis would have been my first choice, since he is often relatively dry-humored, but I like him well enough and I'm certainly interested to see what he does with it.

"From the studio that brought you Every Batman Movie Ever*....comes....Another Batman Movie! But this time...IT'S LEGO." Yeah, that was amusing. SMH @ Batman Forever :laugh:

This looks great!!! I see this movie as being very satirical of the superhero genre as a whole, making fun of and twisting superhero clichés, much like The LEGO Movie did. Very much looking forward to this!!!

People: If you don't like the bat-belt, and it turns out to come out in sets - You can always take it off. :hmpf:

Even thought I'm not excited for this movie it provides a great opportunity to give us alot of DC characters on the sets,heroes and villains alike.I'm most excited for Green Arrow since it looks like he has his classic costume.

I don't have a problem with them using Joker, but I am hesitant towards who they cast for the voice--Zach Galifianakis

I'm not sure how the Joker will play. I could see Galifianakis going very deadpan serious Joker, while obviously having the colorful Lego style look. But I do trust that the choice was well made.

I also have no idea what to expect from that casting, but I'm tentatively hopeful. Before The Lego Movie I never would've pegged Will Arnett as Batman, but that casting was basically perfect, so it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled off another unexpected casting like that.

I also have no idea what to expect from that casting, but I'm tentatively hopeful. Before The Lego Movie I never would've pegged Will Arnett as Batman, but that casting was basically perfect, so it wouldn't surprise me if they pulled off another unexpected casting like that.

The LEGO Batman videogame Joker would have been perfect. Shame they didn't opt for him.

So I just say a trailer that shows before Batman V Superman, and it's different than the teaser trailer. They don't stop it with all the previous Batman movie jokes, though.

So I just say a trailer that shows before Batman V Superman, and it's different than the teaser trailer. They don't stop it with all the previous Batman movie jokes, though.

Then how is it different? Could you expand please

Wow, that's annoying. Why can't they just let us all see the same trailer regardless of whether we want to see a terrible film at the cinema?

I'm pretty sure the only difference was that it didn't have the beatboxing intro that the online trailer does. There wasn't any additional footage.

I'm pretty sure the only difference was that it didn't have the beatboxing intro that the online trailer does. There wasn't any additional footage.

Ah, so it was an inferior trailer anyway.

It actually showed some more footage of the movie. It started off with Batman telling his parents in a picture how he saved the city and got all emotional. Then, Alfred sneaks up on Batman, causing Batman to ninja kick him into the piano. Then he asks Batman if he wanted to share his feelings with them, and started naming off the dates of the movies/TV shows he was in. Then Batman kept saying no over and over until he started singing the original Batman them (nananananana batman, that one) and beatboxes, and it cuts to footage we've already seen.

It actually showed some more footage of the movie. It started off with Batman telling his parents in a picture how he saved the city and got all emotional. Then, Alfred sneaks up on Batman, causing Batman to ninja kick him into the piano. Then he asks Batman if he wanted to share his feelings with them, and started naming off the dates of the movies/TV shows he was in. Then Batman kept saying no over and over until he started singing the original Batman them (nananananana batman, that one) and beatboxes, and it cuts to footage we've already seen.

Wow what the heck! That's awesome! WHAT DID ALFRED LOOK LIKE!?!?!?!?!?

That's odd, my theatre had the same trailer as the one online.

I went to see Batman V Superman last night (it was a surprisingly good film), and my local theatre didn't show any LEGO Batman trailer!