Ordinareo

The LEGO Batman Movie

So amazing! I cannot wait until this movie comes out...along with all the juicy set tie-ins! :devil:

Although to be honest I hate the belt thing going on. Not sure why that's being used--seems very action-figure and not Lego.

Looks fun enough. I'm not too hot on the colouring and all the crazy lighting, but maybe it'll grow on me.

Although to be honest I hate the belt thing going on. Not sure why that's being used--seems very action-figure and not Lego.

Totally agree, I love the simplicity of the standard figure design. It really doesn't need things like this and, as you say, takes away the LEGO feel. :(

I k ow someone asked a both this over in the 2015 set thread, so I'll answer it here.

Yes, that is a different version of Captain Boomerang in the trailer. The one we are getting is his new 52 styled costume while the one in the trailer is his original costume from back in the 60's.

They acknowledged the existence of Batman and Robin. Forget TLBM, I'm wondering what nut thought it would be a good idea to ever mention that again.

Apart from that, eh, it looks okay.

I thought the trailer was meh, nothing spectacular. I am glad to see this Batman back though. I liked the exclusive batman suit gag.

The lobster mould looks fantastic!

Neat! Not as funny or as exciting as the trailer for TLM, but this should still be fun. I also liked the Batwing in TLM way more than this one, but I do like the utility belt! Sure, it's an unnecessary mold, but it adds some more detail to the figure. Looking forward to all the minifigs this will bring us!

I hope this will be a clever parody of superhero movies in the same way TLM was one about "The Chosen One" movies.

I don't get the point of this film (or TLM2) if we already know that it's just Finn playing

I don't think we do, actually. We don't know that about The LEGO Movie either, for that matter; I think it's more like alternate-but-linked universes. Finn's play reflects what happens in the LEGO world, and vice versa, but neither actually causes or contains the other.

Amount of bat-costumes is just.. wow :D Also kinda strange, that Green Arrow is part of Justice League in movie and have new design. By new I mean that we didn't have such in sets. Maybe thats kinda new spoiler from Lego to upcoming Justice League movie? ))

I don't think we do, actually. We don't know that about The LEGO Movie either, for that matter; I think it's more like alternate-but-linked universes. Finn's play reflects what happens in the LEGO world, and vice versa, but neither actually causes or contains the other.

Even if Finn DOES decide what happens in The LEGO Movie's world, that doesn't mean there's no point. It just means that we know who created the story.

To put it another way. Suppose you're watching a movie where the characters come face to face with God or a similar omnipotent creator figure. Just because the entity who created that world and dictates what happens there is shown on screen, doesn't mean there's no longer any point to anything that happens in that universe. After all, those things still happen, there's just now a meta-reason why they happen.

Emmet's world is no less real to its inhabitants than our world is to us. It's not impossible to imagine some greater entity pulling the strings — there have been people who believe that about real life in some form or another for millennia. But unless you have a really fatalistic mindset, believing that doesn't make real life "pointless". Nor should that be the case with a fictional movie.

Edited by Aanchir

Well, it is only a teaser.

That doesn't mean it can't be as good as the teaser trailer for TLM.

I don't get the point of this film (or TLM2) if we already know that it's just Finn playing

Does it really matter? I mean, who cares if it's just Finn playing. It's still a Lego Batman movie. Besides, while this Batman is voiced by the same actor and has similar personality traits, this might not be Finn's Lego Batman.

Does it really matter? I mean, who cares if it's just Finn playing. It's still a Lego Batman movie. Besides, while this Batman is voiced by the same actor and has similar personality traits, this might not be Finn's Lego Batman.

I was actually thinking that it'd be funny if as an end-credits gag they showed a real Batman (played, of course, by Will Arnett) playing with LEGO Batman. Unlike The LEGO Movie, it wouldn't be strictly a part of the story, just a joking implication that if Batman played with LEGO, this is the sort of story he might tell. :tongue:

I was actually thinking that it'd be funny if as an end-credits gag they showed a real Batman (played, of course, by Will Arnett) playing with LEGO Batman. Unlike The LEGO Movie, it wouldn't be strictly a part of the story, just a joking implication that if Batman played with LEGO, this is the sort of story he might tell. :tongue:

That is gold!

That doesn't mean it can't be as good as the teaser trailer for TLM.

The teaser trailer for The LEGO Movie wasn't that brilliant (gives more of the plot away whereas we have no idea what the actual plot for The LEGO Batman Movie is):

Edited by LEGODalekbuster523

Amount of bat-costumes is just.. wow :D Also kinda strange, that Green Arrow is part of Justice League in movie and have new design. By new I mean that we didn't have such in sets. Maybe thats kinda new spoiler from Lego to upcoming Justice League movie? ))

All of the characters are wearing "classic" costumes, so the new GA is supposed to represent his classic Robin Hood look.

In the irreverent spirit of fun that made “The LEGO® Movie” a worldwide phenomenon, the self-described leading man of that ensemble – LEGO Batman – stars in his own big-screen adventure: “The LEGO® Batman Movie.” But there are big changes brewing in Gotham, and if he wants to save the city from The Joker’s hostile takeover, Batman may have to drop the lone vigilante thing, try to work with others and maybe, just maybe, learn to lighten up.

so, the Jocker will be the villain?!

Shocking....

so, the Jocker will be the villain?!

Shocking....

I know! I was really expecting them to use the Joker instead of some new villain. :tongue:

I don't have a problem with them using Joker, but I am hesitant towards who they cast for the voice--Zach Galifianakis

I'm not sure how the Joker will play. I could see Galifianakis going very deadpan serious Joker, while obviously having the colorful Lego style look. But I do trust that the choice was well made.

It's a shame they didn't get Mark Hamill to do the Joker, he would have been quite good.

I like how the teaser made reference to all the previous Batman Films. I think overall, it looks like an all round great, comedy film.

Edited by Tariq j