What Series do you wish Lego never made

189 members have voted

1. 1. What Series do you wish Lego never made

• 4+ Pirates
    • Knights Kingdom
    • D.I.N.O. Attack
    • Alpha Team
    • Clikits-Click it your way!
    • Lego Factory (those damn kids dont need money!)
    • Harry Potter
    • Bionicole
    • Quatro (Duplo is large enogh, why have bigger?)
    • Other

Was that 4+ Pirates just so lego can get a quick buck?

Probably,but they need the money.Besides it has a lot of cool pieces and accesories.(guns,swords,wildlife)

Now clikits on the other hand,doesn't even seem Lego.

I chose Bionicle, because if TLC had not made that series, none would have considered it to be Lego at all!

Like KMOI posted: It

Edited by maiq the liar

I hate Bionicle too,but give it credit! Lego would'nt be here today if Bionicle hadn't been invented :cry_sad:

I say Clickits.

Why is Bionicle on there? I think it's a pretty good series, and while harry potter sucks it's given us a few great minifigs.

I hate Bionicle too,but give it credit! Lego would'nt be here today if Bionicle hadn't been invented :cry_sad:

Im sure that they would have come up with somethig else... But Im suprised znap isnt on the list. Znaps suck and they are much like knex, even sounding like them.

Why is Harry Potter on there? That theme had great parts! I don't mind 4+ pirates, seeing as they were designed for toddlers, as clickets were designed for girls. Personally, I would say Galidor.

Yeah, Galidor, and Clickits. Hate both of 'em.

(BIONICLE doesn't deserve to be on this list though. Sure it sucked in '05, but it's gotten just as good as it was before. Not to mention it save LEGO's megablocks numerous times.)

Why is Harry Potter on there? That theme had great parts! I don't mind 4+ pirates, seeing as they were designed for toddlers, as clickets were designed for girls. Personally, I would say Galidor.

Toddler is the name for children of the age 1 to 3, so obviously the 4+ series isn't for them. :tongue:

I still voted for the 4+ series, because I think it was a totally unnecessary step between DUPLO and SYSTEM. That transition between the two lines of LEGO is usually quick and smooth, so cramming something in between them seems like a stupid marketing idea (which it turned out to be, as we now know).

The figs were awful, and the whole series seemed to omit the idea of interchangeable building bricks. Plus, as someone pointed out already, they postponed the rebirth of the SYSTEM Pirates. :wink:

I did vote bionicle but that's basically because I think it's horrible - I know TLC made a lot of money with it so it's probably a good thing they made it after all. I really don't understand how kids can like those ... eh... things? People? Robots? Monsters? I have no clue what they are or why they're all called Rahgrk etcetera. I couldn't have played with them as a kid. I wonder if they couldn't have made something similar but recognizable and good looking that would have been an equally big success.

I don't mind the 4+ series, actually. The figures look okay, it's just a bit unnecessary because my kids, who are two, already master the concept of changing hair pieces on actual minifigs, so it's not like 4 year olds can't handle those. Bigger chunks for quicker build is not really bad for the attention span of a four year old, even though they went over the top with parts such as this:

47992.gif

That's an entire wall! It's the same mistake they made with Fabuland - when those complete houses appeared, the Legoness wore off.

Maybe they should have continued the Mickey Mouse series - those were great except for the unpractical figs. They were great for easy play AND creative building.

Well, some major thread necromancy going on here...

I didn't vote, the list is to old too be of any relevance any more, apart from the Bionicle, which is really really stretching the idea far too far. I liked the first and second series of Bionicle, then I got bored.

Clickets was fine, however my sister is still picking up sets in clearance... No one wants them.

The 4 Juniors stuff is great! I don't know what all the fuss is about but it is the perfect bridge between Duplo and regular Lego. Sturdy construction, medium sized elements and figures that don't break into tiny swallowable parts! Great for a child who has lost intrest in the large Duplo but who doesn't quite have the fine motor skills (or to put it a different way, the Finesse) to build a model out of "true" Lego bricks. It saved lots of frustration for my little brother, who outgrew his duplo and handed it down but couldn't quite sense the grip needed on a Lego creation. Remember guys, Lego is made for children and therefore has children in mind when making new themes!

IMO if Knights Kingdom is on there then Aqua Raiders should be as well.

:tongue: This thread was started in 2005 :wacko:

I say Clikits. I don't like Bionicle now, but the first wave and the Bohrok were :wub: IMO.

I thought Aqua was also 05. Never paid much attention since that lien made me want to commit homicide, still tons of them sitting on clearance at the few KB Toys that are still around...