Sign in to follow this  

Don't know if this is an appropriate place for my topic to be, so what I am working on is the Work Trade Center, tried my best to make it the most accurate as I can. so far there's 48,604 Lego pieces in my model. Unfortunately, Lego Digital Designer is starting to create problems (crash) because it's a massive save. LDD (Lego Digital Designer) can only handle like 20,000 pieces, and remember, I have 48,604 pieces so far, and there's going to be 15,000-20,000 more coming. It reach to where if I place or copy blocks it starts to crash. I have no choice but it's the only way I can continue it, I have to split the model. I'm going to make two separate saves, one with the twins and just the plaza hopefully with 7. The twins individually are a bit past 18,000 bricks. But before I do, I took enough photos from different angles so you and I can see what it looks like when they're together but still a lot of work needs to be done around. And yes, I am working on the mall now, half could be done already but this problem occurred last night. Making it's basic shape from a floor plan and afterwards will be looking through photos and so of its details. Oh, don't mind the mess.

PF5iqlj.pngLpCtSyC.pngN9TBM59.pngJ9O5n7m.pngOM0hBW8.png

TU2AfIX.pngn8g6hG7.pngdmP02t8.pngP5MrlLL.pngQRkCEhS.pngwKqEodn.pngzdqACFD.pngH7I1GFo.png5NwAv55.pngDaHV0Lc.png8Rg5Ia6.pngdX8eMJR.pngaLwOM8H.pnguXW0cH4.pngc9MIdDJ.pngcfawzQZ.pnglfcvnYq.pngjo8jerp.pngYK2jojD.pngJMxf8Lz.pngzhZ7ZTH.pngOdICpXE.png

Huge work!

And it seems really well made.

I suggest you to change large screenshot in clickable thumbnails, for a more comfortable browsing.

About the "appropriate place", probably the topic will be moved in the appropriate theme section (maybe the town one).

Oh wow, this is great. Hopefully you find a solution to putting it all together. I know the limitations of LDD all too well.

I split them up, dang, the plaza now is 12,000 pieces now. Took me a while it keep crashing a lot. Accidently deleted the sphere so have to do it again, anyway, part of the tower is still there, thank God the corners of the towers aren't attached, keeping the corners for now until I complete 7. The twins itself is more than 38,000 bricks.

Very good work!

LDD is limit by polygons(triangles) count, not quantity of bricks.

Maybe you can try to export it to Ldraw or import it into mecabricks. Try to combine them in Ldraw, mecabricks or blender 3D.

I was surprised how fast Mecabricks imported 36,164 LDD bricks. https://flic.kr/s/aHskrH7nxt

Virtualrepublic imported 71,000 bricks into mecabricks successfuly. There are 67 million polygons(with LEGO logos) in the export model.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122519

25269019005_5fa81a9719_b.jpgLDD by Fox Hound @ EB _ 13-foot Super Star Destroyer 71,000 pcs 2,800 lights by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

^^^ Wow, that's amazing. Is it like Ldd? Is it more complicated? And I can't find that dang piece on top of the shpere anywhere.it's like it's not there anymore.

Hm, Mecabricks is not opening up for me anymore. I'm so overwhelmed if I can't continue this. Everything was fine until I bumped into this problem.

Edited by zeronthegreat