robinnilsson403

[OL FB3] Sunshine market

This is my 3rd freebuild this month. If you like it, and are not from Oleon, feel free to give it a thumbs up.

Sunshine market! Such a beautiful place for goods to change hands!

25847577491_369c19c8c3.jpg

Everything from books to tools, fish to pans, everything can be traded at Breshauns greatest public square!

25309844264_eede8e2a3c.jpg

Peppers from the new world! A chest full of them!

25916626536_094a0ffdef.jpg

A crew mate from one of the ships in the port has found a couple of pigs. Some pork could be tasty on a long journey!

25313800503_d60cbed8d8.jpg

Fresh apples and bananas! Just as brown as you want them!

25847573821_4c6dc36a73.jpg

Do not hesitate! Book your marketplace today! Contact Master Norry at the mayors estate!

This is my rendition of a marketplace ad in Breshaun.

The base is modular, two 16 x 16 units, with the plan being to expand with more market area, and surrounding streets and shops.

Critics and comments are welcome!

A few more pictures can be found at my Flickr page.

Excellent build and photography, I think we are seeing you develop your skills rapidly here! The modularity creates a great sense of "I can't wait to see more of this!" :classic:

Nitpicks are that I think the ground has a too distinct pattern and that you have cropped your photos a tad too much cutting a few corners out.

Looks great!

At first I thought: shouldn't he have some market-stalls, but then I saw the sail...

Eslandola approves :thumbup:

Great market scene. The cloth-roof is well done, the minifigs pose nicely, photos are cool and it does look full of life.

So: Eslandola approves :thumbup:

Only suggestion: Add some more dirt to the ground (a piece of wood, pig excrement, some dirt, a broken cobble) or just let some equipment (shovel, broom, whip, ...) lie around on the floor to add some more variety and realism.

I like market squares and this modular approach shows lots of potential. The gradual buildup of the cobblestone is neat and the sail canopy is a good idea. The variety of items being sold is nice, but a few more minifigs would help to fill out the scene.

I'm guessing the highest part will be in the center of the square based on the position of the Technic bricks. Good work and keep it up.

Approved from Corrington. :thumbup:

+1 from Eslandola

As others have said a little bit more hustle and bustle and general mess would add to it - but I really like it and now want to do something similar. Good job.

I imagine this will look even better as part of a whole extended scene - I can't wait..

Excellent market you've got here! :thumbup: Good work with the diversity and the awning is a nice addition!

Interesting floor technique, MANY goods and minifigs! And that tend was stolen from my next FB pirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gifpirate_tong.gif It feels like it fits in perfectly

OL leadership approves

Excellent build and photography, I think we are seeing you develop your skills rapidly here! The modularity creates a great sense of "I can't wait to see more of this!" default_classic.gif

Nitpicks are that I think the ground has a too distinct pattern and that you have cropped your photos a tad too much cutting a few corners out.

Thanks! I did indeed crop the corners a little too much. I have no good place for taking pictures, so the kitchen floor had to do, with me lying down. :pir-tongue:

This is a nice little market. It would be cool to see it busier with more stalls and people, but I do like this version!

+1 from this Sea Rat

Thanks! I didn't want to over do it, but as it expands I'll try to fill it up a bit more. :pir-classic:

Another lovely modular. Having the tarp there lends a nice touch to an open air market.

Corrington approves :thumbup:

Thanks!

Looks great!

At first I thought: shouldn't he have some market-stalls, but then I saw the sail...

Eslandola approves thumbup.gif

Thank you!

Great market scene. The cloth-roof is well done, the minifigs pose nicely, photos are cool and it does look full of life.

So: Eslandola approves thumbup.gif

Only suggestion: Add some more dirt to the ground (a piece of wood, pig excrement, some dirt, a broken cobble) or just let some equipment (shovel, broom, whip, ...) lie around on the floor to add some more variety and realism.

Thanks! As Breshaun is a young settlement the cobbles are newly laid and we are very cleanly! :pir-laugh: I will consider it the next time!

I like market squares and this modular approach shows lots of potential. The gradual buildup of the cobblestone is neat and the sail canopy is a good idea. The variety of items being sold is nice, but a few more minifigs would help to fill out the scene.

I'm guessing the highest part will be in the center of the square based on the position of the Technic bricks. Good work and keep it up.

Approved from Corrington. thumbup.gif

Thanks! I'm not sure where the centre will be. The buildup is because of the "I lost the word so I'll call it raincollector". I wanted it to have some drop, and it's a lot easier to start at the bottom.

+1 from Eslandola

As others have said a little bit more hustle and bustle and general mess would add to it - but I really like it and now want to do something similar. Good job.

I imagine this will look even better as part of a whole extended scene - I can't wait..

Thank you!

Excellent market you've got here! thumbup.gif Good work with the diversity and the awning is a nice addition!

It was hard to come up with what they were going to sell. Perhaps I should order some hotdogs? :pir-laugh:

Approval from Corrington. I like the varying goods you included. Also the variations to the cobblestone are great.

Thanks!

Looks fine to me.

Eslandola approves. thumbup.gif

Thanks!

Interesting floor technique, MANY goods and minifigs! And that tend was stolen from my next FB :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue: :pir-tongue: It feels like it fits in perfectly

OL leadership approves

Well, perhaps I'm a Sea rat in disguise...? :pir_laugh2:

As others have said, this is a very nice market square. I especially like the sail as a shade cover. +1 :thumbup: from Corrington

Very nice marketplace here, and while I agree that some more activity would improve the build (a few bigger stands/shops would stop the build from looking so overpowered with cobblestones! pirate_laugh2.gif), what you do have here is great! pirate_satisfied.gif And adding some more sections should help it out - looking forward to it! pirate_wink.gif

:thumbup: from the leadership!

I like the modularity of this build with the plan to expand. Good figure posing, and I like the use of the sail as an awning. The cobblestones are a bit too regular IMO, but still good. I look forward to seeing an expanded version with a busier scene.

An approval from Eslandola!

Approval from Corrington :thumbup:

Nice little scene, I like the use of the sail.

Approval from this Corrie thumbup.gif Nice build; great work on the tiles, and all hustle and bustle with the figure placement,

My daughter says the pigs are very cute! Unfortunately for her, I suspect they will soon be bacon default_moar.gif Maybe cooked with chillis, and served with apples, washed down with a nice glass of rum...all bought at Sunshine Market!

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz

That's a fine looking outdoor market :thumbup: from Eslandola. I have been withholding using the sailor (?) hats myself, but in small amounts they look good, even if they did not exist until the Age of Sails was almost over. I approve the use of them, and will sneak in a few in my own builds.