Sign in to follow this  
Zusammengebaut

VIDEOS: New LEGO Ninjago World - Ride & Opening!

Hello,

the new Ninjago World is great - and so much fun for little Ninjas. :wink:

This is a video of the full ride (without 3D glasses, of course)

And this is the opening: Legoland Billund - a place to be for Ninjago-Fans.

Best wishes

Andres

This is awesome! Thank you for all your coverage of the new Ninjago area at LEGOLAND! I am looking forward to the Ninjago areas opening at LEGOLAND California this May and LEGOLAND Florida next year, since those will have many of the same attractions. Ninjago is one of my favorite LEGO themes and it's great to see it being recognized in this way.

The ride looks like a lot of fun! It's got to be even more fun in 3D (and when you're not holding a camera :tongue: ). It's interesting that it says to use lightning against the ghosts, since in the show their weakness is water, but I guess when the ride only has four elements it has to make do with those.

I love all the Ninjago merchandise (T-shirts, hats, etc) that appears in the shop. I wonder if there will be any Ninjago clothing or hats in adult sizes. Probably not, but I can always dream. The brick-built decor throughout the area is fantastic. I especially love the statues of the Ninja using their elemental powers.

One thing Billund has gotten this park season that hasn't yet been announced for the other parks is LEGO Ninjago themed rooms at the LEGOLAND Hotel. I imagine those would be a lot of fun. Last year I got to participate in a recruitment workshop for a design position at LEGO and got to stay in a pirate-themed room, which was quite charming!

I wish that some of the parks other than LEGOLAND Malaysia would have the live puppet show "LEGO Ninjago: The Realm of Shadows". From the clips I've seen it looks like a LOT of fun, plus the writers of the TV series confirmed that it is canon to the LEGO Ninjago storyline. Apparently for a while at least it was the most popular attraction at LEGOLAND Malaysia, surpassing even all the rides!

One final note — it's cool that the ninja throughout the attraction are in their new "throwback" costumes from this summer's sets. :) These costumes are styled after the original Ninjago costumes from 2011 but also take cues from the ZX costumes from 2012 and, in Nya's case, her 2015 ninja costume.

Thanks so much for your thorough coverage of this new opening! :grin:

One final note — it's cool that the ninja throughout the attraction are in their new "throwback" costumes from this summer's sets. :) These costumes are styled after the original Ninjago costumes from 2011 but also take cues from the ZX costumes from 2012 and, in Nya's case, her 2015 ninja costume.

But Nya has blue arms in the fountain scene. That's her (almost) completely new original gi.

The ride seems... strange with the camera, but I can see why people thought it was fun. It does look cool. I was surprised at how much screen time the skulkin had, and how little time Chen had. I thought it would be the other way around.

Also, the monastery is surprisingly show accurate. Can you go inside it from somewhere?

Edited by gamejutzu

This is awesome! Thank you for all your coverage of the new Ninjago area at LEGOLAND! I am looking forward to the Ninjago areas opening at LEGOLAND California this May and LEGOLAND Florida next year, since those will have many of the same attractions. Ninjago is one of my favorite LEGO themes and it's great to see it being recognized in this way.

The ride looks like a lot of fun! It's got to be even more fun in 3D (and when you're not holding a camera :tongue: ). It's interesting that it says to use lightning against the ghosts, since in the show their weakness is water, but I guess when the ride only has four elements it has to make do with those.

I love all the Ninjago merchandise (T-shirts, hats, etc) that appears in the shop. I wonder if there will be any Ninjago clothing or hats in adult sizes. Probably not, but I can always dream. The brick-built decor throughout the area is fantastic. I especially love the statues of the Ninja using their elemental powers.

One thing Billund has gotten this park season that hasn't yet been announced for the other parks is LEGO Ninjago themed rooms at the LEGOLAND Hotel. I imagine those would be a lot of fun. Last year I got to participate in a recruitment workshop for a design position at LEGO and got to stay in a pirate-themed room, which was quite charming!

I wish that some of the parks other than LEGOLAND Malaysia would have the live puppet show "LEGO Ninjago: The Realm of Shadows". From the clips I've seen it looks like a LOT of fun, plus the writers of the TV series confirmed that it is canon to the LEGO Ninjago storyline. Apparently for a while at least it was the most popular attraction at LEGOLAND Malaysia, surpassing even all the rides!

Thanks so much for your thorough coverage of this new opening! :grin:

Here we go: Our guest-night in the Hotel LEGOLAND in Billund - new LEGO Ninjago rooms 2016. :classic:

Awesome! I love the elemental blades over the bed — are they actually lit up, or is that just a trick of the light? The dragon-patterned doors are great! And Zane's falcon in the corner is a nice touch! Thanks so much for sharing! :classic:

Apparently for a while at least it was the most popular attraction at LEGOLAND Malaysia, surpassing even all the rides!30.gif

Edited by henubem