Captain Braunsfeld

[ESL-CH2A] Fortify the Fortifications of the Fort

I present the 4115th Eslandolean Artillery Regiment under the command of Colonel Brickinson:

800x532.jpg

These guys are tough - and hard to detect in their bright green uniforms.

800x580.jpg

They are preparing to protect and defend Pontelli against all possible attackers.

800x600.jpg

Colonel Brickinson is utterly determined!

800x600.jpg

I wanted to show that the heavy guns have been moved across the grass but it doesn't come out so well on the pictures.

800x600.jpg

The artillery battery has been fortified (with plans to build a stone defense in the near future).

800x600.jpg

C&C Welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
Flickr references removed

That came out really nicely, well done. I'm always a fan of custom cannons, and the curved fortifications are really neat.

As for the ruts, I think they're a great addition, but they might be improved by making them a plate lower than the surrounding grass.

Considering the gun-crews are lacking even basic supplies, how do they plan to fire the cannonspirate_tong.gif?

Lovely build! I really like the color-scheme and the fortifications, but the best parts are without the doubt the cannons. They look so good!

Very nice wooden fortifications Capt. B, the brick-built cannon are good as well, and the soldiers do indeed blend in well with the surrounding vegetation! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gif If you have any more the palm tree would be improved with more leaves though pirate_wink.gif

I really like the minifigure combo you've used here! The little round forts are really sweet too and I also like the way you've done the grass though a few more smaller tiles might have helped make it look a touch less blocky; but on the whole, a very nice entry to this challenge!

Nice squad you got there Eslandolans! These greencoats look really nice. For the muddy tracks to look more distinctly, better use the same shade of green on the patches around them as dark green is distracting the view

That came out really nicely, well done. I'm always a fan of custom cannons, and the curved fortifications are really neat.

As for the ruts, I think they're a great addition, but they might be improved by making them a plate lower than the surrounding grass.

Considering the gun-crews are lacking even basic supplies, how do they plan to fire the cannonspirate_tong.gif?

Quite right for the ruts.

As for the supplies - the guys have just moved the cannons here, the other guys with the supplies are standing just behind the Colonel, but that is unfortunately where the MOC ends.

Lovely build! I really like the color-scheme and the fortifications, but the best parts are without the doubt the cannons. They look so good!

pirate_laugh2.gif

Very nice wooden fortifications Capt. B, the brick-built cannon are good as well, and the soldiers do indeed blend in well with the surrounding vegetation! pir_laugh2.gifpirate_satisfied.gif If you have any more the palm tree would be improved with more leaves though pirate_wink.gif

What puzzles me more is that the whole MOC would look much better with bright red Corrington uniforms... pirate_cry4.gif

I really like the minifigure combo you've used here! The little round forts are really sweet too and I also like the way you've done the grass though a few more smaller tiles might have helped make it look a touch less blocky; but on the whole, a very nice entry to this challenge!

The grass was an experiment.

Cool cannons and figs!

pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice squad you got there Eslandolans! These greencoats look really nice. For the muddy tracks to look more distinctly, better use the same shade of green on the patches around them as dark green is distracting the view

You're right. I made it a bit too complicated there with the different shades of green. The MOC was getting too greenish anyway.

Maybe also Oleon blue uniforms would aesthetically add to the MOC.

Those are indeed some lovely brick built cannons! Also I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I really like your soldiers - the combinations are great!

Nice little scene. The curved wooden defenses and custom cannons are really good and those minifigs are nice as always. I like the grass technique overall and the attempt at wheel ruts is a good idea. The tree could maybe use a few more leaf pieces, and the missing supplies would be good to have. Besides that this is a fine challenge entry.

The title has your name written all over it. :grin: It reminds me of the passage in the KJV of the Bible that mentions "harpers harping with their harps." :pir-wink:

Good work. :classic:

As others have said before, I really like the cannons. And I especially like how green the scene is, perfect Eslander camouflage. Nice entry!

That's a good entry !

I am surprised to not find a monkey gunner !?

Your cannon design is great and those wooden walls are great. Good job !

Very nice look of a temporary field fortification :classic:

Interesting lighting, the first shots almost look rendered but the custom flag definitely is a telltale sign it's not LDD :wink:

Edited by Gideon

I am a fan of your cannons, they are really cool designed. I can´t see the criticism of the tiles. Everybody how ever was camping or in the a army camp knows how flat the gras looks when a few people walks there arround :).

The curved foritifications are also very well. I can see them in my mind infront of a bigger fortification. Or as portable ballte construction for the battleground.pirate_classic.gif

Everything that has to be said, has been said. I've got nothing more to say than: Change the uniforms so that we can see you! default_tong.gif Otherwise its not going to be a fair fight, don´t you think?

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Those are indeed some lovely brick built cannons! Also I'm pretty sure I've said it before, but I really like your soldiers - the combinations are great!

Thanks pirate_satisfied.gif

Nice little scene. The curved wooden defenses and custom cannons are really good and those minifigs are nice as always. I like the grass technique overall and the attempt at wheel ruts is a good idea. The tree could maybe use a few more leaf pieces, and the missing supplies would be good to have. Besides that this is a fine challenge entry.

The title has your name written all over it. :grin: It reminds me of the passage in the KJV of the Bible that mentions "harpers harping with their harps." :pir-wink:

Good work. :classic:

Gee pir_laugh2.gif

The cannons and curved walls look really good and work superbly together. Nice work!

pirate_laugh2.gif

As others have said before, I really like the cannons. And I especially like how green the scene is, perfect Eslander camouflage. Nice entry!

I still think that some red uniforms would look just great. Can I build some Corrington MOCs and still get dbs?

That's a good entry !

I am surprised to not find a monkey gunner !?

Your cannon design is great and those wooden walls are great. Good job !

No monkey gunner, this is serious business!

pirate_laugh_new.gif

Very nice look of a temporary field fortification :classic:

Interesting lighting, the first shots almost look rendered but the custom flag definitely is a telltale sign it's not LDD :wink:

It's a real build, definitely it is. But I am experimenting with different cameras, flash/no flash, longer and shorter exposure time, etc.

I am a fan of your cannons, they are really cool designed. I can´t see the criticism of the tiles. Everybody how ever was camping or in the a army camp knows how flat the gras looks when a few people walks there arround :).

The curved foritifications are also very well. I can see them in my mind infront of a bigger fortification. Or as portable ballte construction for the battleground.pirate_classic.gif

Thanks for supporting the tiles!

Everything that has to be said, has been said. I've got nothing more to say than: Change the uniforms so that we can see you! default_tong.gif Otherwise its not going to be a fair fight, don´t you think?

Captain Becker

Which fight has ever been fair? pirate_laugh2.gif

Great cannons, captain colonel!

I'm just not sure about the tiles for the ground. I myself would have probably left them out. Mut zur Noppe, Kapitän!

I really like the look of those guns, and the battlements in front of them. With all these naval gun carriages, I almost forgot that field guns are much different.. pirate_blush.gif

I am not too much a fan of tiles for landscaping, but it works pretty well. I would lower the tracks from the guns too.

This looks like something "4115th Eslandolean Artillery Regiment" would put up in a jiffy during a campaign. Btw, if those regimental numbers are forthcoming, I hope Corrington won't have to face that army! pirate_tong.gif