dr_spock

[SR-FB3] Whale of a Tale

Freebuild #3 March 2016

A Whale of a Tale

Our pirate rats needed some whale oil lube but the whale would have none of that. The one that got away made for a tall tale at the tavern in Bastion.

25774398862_9d96f53676_c.jpgWhale of a Tale by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

If you are not a member of the Sea Rats, you may give your approval and include your faction name.

I've been waiting for someone to make a good whaling MOC, and you've done a nice job. Both the tale and the tail are nicely done and make for an enjoyable scene. I would suggest adding a rope of some kind to the end of the spear, otherwise they'll have an awfully hard time catching the whale.

OL approves :thumbup:.

Excellent! We were just discussing that we needed a whaling MOC, and voila, you've done it! Good whale tail (and tale). I'll echo the comment that the only thing missing is a rope attached to the spear, but that does not detract from this beautiful build. Eslandola approves! :thumbup:

So the hunt was not worthwhale?... pirate_tong.gif I must admire the rats bravery, hunting whales in a rowboat :pir-oh:

:thumbup: Eslandola

Edited by Sir Stig

Great job taking on Bregir's suggestion! The tail looks great!

:thumbup: from leadership.

Thank you everyone. pirate_laugh2.gif

I've been waiting for someone to make a good whaling MOC, and you've done a nice job. Both the tale and the tail are nicely done and make for an enjoyable scene. I would suggest adding a rope of some kind to the end of the spear, otherwise they'll have an awfully hard time catching the whale.

Avast! Ye discovered the secret how the whale got away. pir_laugh2.gif

Very nice! That whale-tail looks great! (not something I ever thought I'd say on a Lego forum... or indeed any forum pirate_laugh_new.gif ) Great job!

+1 :thumbup: from Corrington

Edited by Ayrlego

Excellent depiction of the whale tail, and good job with the rest of the scene too. Those whalers are either really brave or completely mad to be so close in such a small boat - one good whack by that tail and they're all goin' down. But I suppose the threat of death was half of the thrill of whaling.

Approved from Corrington. :thumbup:

Whaletail... this is NSFW! pirate_laugh2.gif

Good job, depiction looks convincing, it seems the whale won't be harmed too badly, and I'm always a fan of 1x1 round plates for water.

Take this thumbup.gif from Oleon!

Corrington approves :thumbup:

Nice tail, although I'm glad he got away, ending up as pirate lube sounds like a horrible ending for such a magnificent creature!

Edited by BrickOn

Well, that was fast! pirate_laugh2.gif

Glad someone took up my suggestion so fast, and even more so that you did it so excellently!

The diving whale looks nice - and the only thing I am missing is the long coil of rope.

I am hoping to see this aspect of BoBS expanded more over time pirate_blush.gif

+1 approval from Corrington!

This Corrie approves thumbup.gif Whaley well done!

24235944052_4672668519_n.jpg

Edited by Fuzzy MacFuzz