Joebot

Batman '08

searching for 5 min. now for the video game threat... unsucessful..

well.. everyone accepting a game as a "set"... ? :-$

so...some pics of the 08' Batman video game...

1197378130910.jpg

sorry for posting it here!

on the third pic, right on the top, that looks like harley quin, and i hope it!

on the third pic, right on the top, that looks like harley quin, and i hope it!

Well it looks like the back of her, the design is pretty much what we thought it would be......well at least from the back.

Look! It's Harley! :-P Hopefully she'll look like that in the set. *sweet* Batman '08 ON!

~Peace

Look! It's Harley! :-P Hopefully she'll look like that in the set. *sweet* Batman '08 ON!

~Peace

And she's beautiful *wub* ...................

Thats it! If I can't get a girlfriend, I'll just take this instead! X-D

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

And I do hope the Batcycle we get in the Hammer truck set is the Batpod, as I can already use the black motorbike that comes in the servicestation as a batcycle.

I can't as I don't actually own the set, so I'd quite like both- a regular Batcycle, and a Batpod.

1)The Riddler. I've never been a big fan of the Riddler

What? No! The Riddler is a fantastic character. Definitely up there with Scarecrow and Joker as my favourite Batvillains. He's just such a fantastic character. And then there's Frank Gorshin's giddly, giggling Riddler...

Not sure i like that Batpod, it kinda looks silly to me :-/

It's different, I'll grant you. But so was the Tumbler, and people didn't like that until they saw it in action. Give it time.

Like Brainbox has stated repeatedly about getting different versions of the Batmobile, I'll take the Batpod and have different versions of his bike! :'-)

You make me sound like a parrot!

As for Batman himself, any thoughts on what kind of custume he'll be in this time?

The iconic costumes (not counting Elseworlds) are really the Golden Age, the Silver Age (dark blue, with and without yellow oval), the 60s suit (complete with eyebrows!), the long-eared, the fabric-like Alex Ross costume, the short eared, the BB batsuit, the Keaton batsuit, and the new TDK suit.

Speaking of Elseworlds, it's be quite nice to see some don. Maybe Gotham by Gaslight, DKR/DKSA, JSA: Unholy Three (WW2 Batman) or Batman in Bethlehem (Damien Wayne Batman). Oooh, or maybe the vampiric Red Rain Bats.

Speaking of Elseworlds, it's be quite nice to see some don. Maybe Gotham by Gaslight, DKR/DKSA, JSA: Unholy Three (WW2 Batman) or Batman in Bethlehem (Damien Wayne Batman). Oooh, or maybe the vampiric Red Rain Bats.

Red Rain Bats would awesome!!

Great read!!

Jamie

It's different, I'll grant you. But so was the Tumbler, and people didn't like that until they saw it in action.

Just saw the Bat-pod in action in the trailer, and I *wub* it already.

I can't as I don't actually own the set, so I'd quite like both- a regular Batcycle, and a Batpod.

________

Sad to here that :'-( But I think you kind of agree with my logic (which is pretty much your logic :-P ) in saying that a Batpod would be better, so we can have more versions, right?

________

What? No! The Riddler is a fantastic character. Definitely up there with Scarecrow and Joker as my favourite Batvillains. He's just such a fantastic character. And then there's Frank Gorshin's giddly, giggling Riddler...

________

I agree with this logic, Riddler is a brilliant villain, not only because he can be portrayed so great in so many ways, but because his modus operandi , unlike Two-Face or Penguin, allows him to commit any crime he wishes while still adding to his character and insanity. I myself find the calm, egotistical Riddler to be the best version. I think Bats is blessed with the greatest Rogues Gallery ever. My personal favourites in no particular order are: Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Mr. freeze (only as a tragic character), Poison Ivy (as a human, not plant/human hybrid), Clayface and of course, Harley. Any I missed?

________

You make me sound like a parrot!

________

Well you have said it an awful amount of times X-D That said, I think your opinions on this are great, I originally hated the Batdragster concept, until you stated to "Just think of it as another batmobile", which is very much true.

________

The iconic costumes (not counting Elseworlds) are really the Golden Age, the Silver Age (dark blue, with and without yellow oval), the 60s suit (complete with eyebrows!), the long-eared, the fabric-like Alex Ross costume, the short eared, the BB batsuit, the Keaton batsuit, and the new TDK suit.

________

Hmmm, I think an allblack BB suit, and an armoured one reminiscent of Azrael's stint as Batman are my favourite choices, maybe crossed with the TDK one.

_________

Just saw the Bat-pod in action in the trailer, and I *wub* it already.

_________

OOH! I can't wait to see that trailer. Have you seen the prologue aswell? I'm trying to find out how to see both on the big screen, as they are shot on IMAX! X-O

What happens in the trailer btw?

Clearly Batbrick's mind has turned to mush! *wacko*

I saw the cheap quality trailer from someone sneaking a camera into the movie theatre and filming the preview. :-D The Batpod looks neat, but the name makes me think of a bike with Exo-pods as wheels... *wacko*

~Peace

Ah yes, the posters. I was going to post those, but you got there first. That middle one with the Joker in his purple suit is quite good.

Poison Ivy (as a human, not plant/human hybrid),

Really? I've always preferred green Ivy

Well you have said it an awful amount of times X-D That said, I think your opinions on this are great, I originally hated the Batdragster concept, until you stated to "Just think of it as another batmobile", which is very much true.

... yes, a very good point.

Hmmm, I think an allblack BB suit, and an armoured one reminiscent of Azrael's stint as Batman are my favourite choices, maybe crossed with the TDK one.

As long as it's the blue Az-Bat, rather than the later red version. That said though, I'm not really fussed on Azrael. I never really took to him as a character.

The Youtube video's gone, btw. The myspace one's still there though, and I have to say... wow.

"Why so serious?" :'-)

Edited by Brainbox

Really? I've always preferred green Ivy

_________

Well, each to his own I guess, I don't mind green Ivy, but the plant/human concept is a bit much for me to swallow, when the plots most of the time would be unaltered if she was human :-/

_________

... yes, a very good point.

As long as it's the blue Az-Bat, rather than the later red version. That said though, I'm not really fussed on Azrael. I never really took to him as a character.

_________

Yes, I meant the blue. I never really cared for Az-Bats either, but I just thought a suit akin to that but on Bruce would look cool, with the provision it still looks like Batman of course.

_________

The Youtube video's gone, btw. The myspace one's still there though, and I have to say... wow.

"Why so serious?" :'-)

_________

Well, I'm sold on the trailer, but I still hope Joker retains a bit of that wit and charm he's known for. The most common way I here the Joker described is a way I dislike: "Pycho".

I always thought that his insanity ENHANCED his character and personality, but overall I find him more of a "Killer Showman."

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick Away! >:-)

Edited by Batbrick

Great trailer though the link no longer works, youtube have removed it. If anyone wishes to watch it then go to www.comingsoon.net they have a link for it.

Great trailer though the link no longer works, youtube have removed it. If anyone wishes to watch it then go to www.comingsoon.net they have a link for it.

Yes I saw that earlier *wub* ..........

Does anyone know if the prologue will become available to watch online?

Also, will the prologue be a PART of the movie, or a special thing only for the I-Max viewers?

I still can't quite understand the sets of this line though. Even the Battank would have to be bigger than the Hammer Truck, I still wonder if there is one last fifth set? :'-)

Also, will the prologue be a PART of the movie, or a special thing only for the I-Max viewers?

The prologue are the first 5 minutes of the real film in 2008!!!! *y*

I'm sorry, this was on the last page, but I didn't see the pic of the video game, the one everyone saw Harley in. For some strange reason, it won't load! :-/

I always thought that his insanity ENHANCED his character and personality, but overall I find him more of a "Killer Showman."

Personally, I tend to see him as 'so insane, he's almost sane.' He's unpredictable, and somewhat inhuman(e), but just a little bit suave. And funny, he should always be funny.

And then there's the occasional allusion to his metafictional awareness. As in, he's so insane he exists in a slightly higher mental state and knows of his fictional nature. BTAS did it a bit, as do the comics.

I'm sorry, this was on the last page, but I didn't see the pic of the video game, the one everyone saw Harley in. For some strange reason, it won't load! :-/

No, it won't work for me either.

Personally, I tend to see him as 'so insane, he's almost sane.' He's unpredictable, and somewhat inhuman(e), but just a little bit suave. And funny, he should always be funny.

And then there's the occasional allusion to his metafictional awareness. As in, he's so insane he exists in a slightly higher mental state and knows of his fictional nature. BTAS did it a bit, as do the comics.

Yes, breaking the fourth wall, I always liked it when he did that. But only subtly, not directly.

I can agree with your logic. For instance, whether or not you like The Killing Joke, The Joker himself in that was one of his best interpretations. Crazy, hilarious, yet, logical. He's insane, not just because he is, but because he chose to be under his own rational thinking. Like he's more rational and more radical than the reast of us, that he is insane. Weird, but thats how I see it.

And yes, he should be funny.

And about the Harley quinn pic, it was only a shot of her back, so just her red/black colour scheme really. It atleast tells us we're getting a double printed torso.

Edited by Batbrick

I always think it's funny when characters break the fourth wall, which is probably why Deadpool is my favourite comic book character. That and the fact that he's more an anti-hero than a hero. :-D

On topic, I still can't wait for these sets! They're being released in the 2nd part of '08, right? Gives me more time to save up!

~Peace

Something is wrong with that taste fot the theatric trailer. |-/

I downloaded it (in best quality) and now it plays super-choppy, which is wierd because I have played 2GB movie files and they run as smoothly as oil on ice.

I always think it's funny when characters break the fourth wall, which is probably why Deadpool is my favourite comic book character. That and the fact that he's more an anti-hero than a hero. :-D

Ambush Bug, Deadpool, She-Hulk, Joker and Mr Mxyzptlk have all done it occasionally. Although Mxys is more of a cross-dimensional thing. I guess Impossible Man could do it too.

They're being released in the 2nd part of '08, right? Gives me more time to save up!

~Peace

Really? I hadn't heard that.

Ambush Bug, Deadpool, She-Hulk, Joker and Mr Mxyzptlk have all done it occasionally. Although Mxys is more of a cross-dimensional thing. I guess Impossible Man could do it too.

She-Hulk's fourth wall breaks were always too blatant for me, I prefer the subtle, winking at the audience thing. I don't think Mxys counts anyway, seeing as he's from the fifth dimension and all.

And yes, I'm pretty sure that these sets are in the second half of 08, which pleases me, seeing as I'm still chasing after Arkham and soon even more great sets will be released.

Atleast my Battank and Batcopter arrived today, and I must say I have really fallen in love with the batcopter *wub* (even more for the Battank) and Bane is simply superb. I still have to mod them, Brainbox, do you mind if I took your mods of the Battank as inspiration?

Anyway, I'm still holding out for a fifth set, I reckon we'll be seeing a Gotham PoliceStation or wayne Manor some time.

Nothing to Say, but Batbrick away! >:-)

Well we know they're being released next year (or so we've been told, I'm pretty sure we don't even have confirmation about these sets yet...) and we havn't seen anything yet, so I just assumed they wouldn't be at the start of the year. 8-|

Kind of off-topic, but regarding my previous post, for those who don't know, breaking the fourth wall is referring to the character showing his/her awareness of the viewer/reader etc. For example;

DeadpoolBullseye.jpg

~Peace

Edited by iamded