Joebot

Batman '08

There is little doubt that the film will be dedicated to Heath, i have this feeling that the Joker will survive the film. Which of course means should they wish to do another film with the joker then they will have to replace Heath.

ge'll probly get mutated some how som they can use the character again..

There is little doubt that the film will be dedicated to Heath, i have this feeling that the Joker will survive the film. Which of course means should they wish to do another film with the joker then they will have to replace Heath.

Yes, I just hope he survives, but doesn't need to return, in that the script in TDK doesn't call for him to make an appearance in the third. I would not want this to happen, because a recast would have to be done, and that would be disrespectful to Heath and his family.

Batbrick Something! *wacko*

How is the movie completion ? Do we know that ?

IF (I only speculate here of course) TDK is not complete I can only imagine that they will recast the joker and include Heath footage as bonus of the DVD (after all we really see him quite a bit in the trailer).

I sincerely hoipe that theyt can manage the movie WITH Heath, that would be sad to have that movie without him :-(

As to a sequel, they can easilly recast a new Joker: remember the Crow after Lee's tragic death...

*yoda*

According to imdb the film is in Post-production. That means they've finished filming.

IF (I only speculate here of course) TDK is not complete I can only imagine that they will recast the joker and include Heath footage as bonus of the DVD (after all we really see him quite a bit in the trailer).

I sincerely hoipe that theyt can manage the movie WITH Heath, that would be sad to have that movie without him :-(

As to a sequel, they can easilly recast a new Joker: remember the Crow after Lee's tragic death...

*yoda*

According to reports this morning, filming on TDK has finished and the film is in post production/finished status.

Heath was just starting work on another film so that one will be the one in danger and not TDK.

However it has been reported that because of his death TDK advertising will have to be changed, as they planned to build up an advertising strategy around the joker as a dark, sick minded, individual capable of doing anything.

This will be changed as they don't wish to upset his family and friends, there also worried that comparisons between Heath's mental state and that of the Jokers will be compared.

According to imdb the film is in Post-production. That means they've finished filming.

Great news for TDK, tks Sam ;-)

However it has been reported that because of his death TDK advertising will have to be changed, as they planned to build up an advertising strategy around the joker as a dark, sick minded, individual capable of doing anything.

This will be changed as they don't wish to upset his family and friends, there also worried that comparisons between Heath's mental state and that of the Jokers will be compared.

Interesting but that association will come bouncing high I tell you, especially if the ME declares a suicide...

Anyhow its a sad news for his familly and us movie fans...

*yoda*

I was wondering if they'll postpone the movie's release out of respect to Ledger's family. I think it's currently scheduled for May.

What a bizarre situation. There's really no good way to handle it.

I was wondering if they'll postpone the movie's release out of respect to Ledger's family. I think it's currently scheduled for May.

What a bizarre situation. There's really no good way to handle it.

It's a July release so it's unlikely to be delayed.

Heath's work on The Dark Knight was fully completed, see www.aintitcool.com Filming finished a while ago and he had done all his voice dubbing. So Ledger's role as the Joker was entirely finished before he died. I hope they lock the Joker in Arkham at the end. Safely behind bars, but not actually dead.

Good decision to change the marketing campaign. The "Why so serious?" poster already looks odd, with Ledger gone. Must be weird to see him in theaters later this year. By the way: I doubt the release date will be changed. Ledger's work was complete, so in that way his death 'doesn't change the plan'. So many companies are tied to the movie release date (toys, comics, making of books, posters) that film companies don't easily change the release date. The only thing they can do is dedicate the film to Ledger, if you ask me. And while they're on it, dedicate it to the stuntman who died on set, too.

A great actor has died far too young. May his family (particularly his 2 years old daughter) and friends be able to deal with the grief amidst the worldwide hype.

i have this feeling that the Joker will survive the film.

The Joker never really dies, though, does he? Even when he seems to be gone forever, he always crops up. Even if he's not coming back (as a character) for a third film, his presence will still haunt Gotham.

Of course the film will be dedicated to Heath, how could they not? I suppose it's a little consolation that his last role looks to be so iconic.

Sad news indeed.

Sad news indeed.

That it is, sad also that this would occur at the height of his career.

On a Lego related note, can someone recall what the Toyfair dates were again? I eagerly await seeing what the remaining two sets appear like or what improvements have been made to the Agents line or sets we have seen.

That it is, sad also that this would occur at the height of his career.

On a Lego related note, can someone recall what the Toyfair dates were again? I eagerly await seeing what the remaining two sets appear like or what improvements have been made to the Agents line or sets we have seen.

the agents will still probably be preliminary, i remember the 2006 one and the differences between the sailbarge and the one that got released, as for the batman, i cant wait to see the other two :'-)

On a Lego related note, can someone recall what the Toyfair dates were again?

Not exactly no, but I think it's towards the end of February.

I, too, look forward to seeing the other Bat-sets. Provided they're there that is.

Someone said something about a stuntman? Any names? Sorry if my curiosity comes of a bit morbid *wacko*

Yes, I remember that, sad thing. I do hope there is some dedication to him as well.

I've been thinking, since my theory of a possible fifth set is now diminishing, I think another hope is too. There are Four sets. Three have Batman in them, and one has Robin. I was hoping to get two new batsuits, but when you think about it, with only three sets, we are more likely to only get one. At the most maybe another blue batsuit. Of course i still do hope there is a fifth set, but theres pretty much no chance now really. I guess I'll just have to cling to the hope that Gordon is in there somewhere.....

There are Four sets. Three have Batman in them, and one has Robin. I was hoping to get two new batsuits, but when you think about it, with only three sets, we are more likely to only get one. At the most maybe another blue batsuit.

I think it's highly possible we might get a TDK suit, seeing as how the boxes are TDK-design. I mean, sure, that might just be to capitalise on the film, making the sets 'official film mercahdise' but I don't know. We're getting a Tumbler afterall, and the Batcycle may well be the Bat-Pod. It'd seem silly not to give us a BB/TDK Batsuit, especially if they do want to jump on board the film's bandwagon- give filmgoers what they want in the film merchandise.

It's unlikely we'll get a TDK Joker, but I'm not too bothered about that. Because the Bat-suit can be smothed over as 'just another Batsuit.' We got a Batman (1989) suit, so why not one for the new films?

And I still think a fifth set is a possibility. I mean, we're getting quite a few 'special edition' sets this year, so on the one hand that could make it less likely that we'll get another, but on the other it could be seen to increase the chances.

I think it's highly possible we might get a TDK suit, seeing as how the boxes are TDK-design. I mean, sure, that might just be to capitalise on the film, making the sets 'official film mercahdise' but I don't know. We're getting a Tumbler afterall, and the Batcycle may well be the Bat-Pod. It'd seem silly not to give us a BB/TDK Batsuit, especially if they do want to jump on board the film's bandwagon- give filmgoers what they want in the film merchandise.

It's unlikely we'll get a TDK Joker, but I'm not too bothered about that. Because the Bat-suit can be smothed over as 'just another Batsuit.' We got a Batman (1989) suit, so why not one for the new films?

And I still think a fifth set is a possibility. I mean, we're getting quite a few 'special edition' sets this year, so on the one hand that could make it less likely that we'll get another, but on the other it could be seen to increase the chances.

Good point, though I think we may still only get one new batsuit, which will probably be, as you say, the TDK suit. Or maybe the BB suit, seeing as he uses it in the new one as well. I don't mind which one, they're both good and it'd be great to get an all-black suit.

A fifth set could happen I guess, but at the moment hopes are slim. It would be a special edition, so there is a chance we haven't heard about it yet, especially considering that the bat sets are some of the last sets released. I do cling to hope, I just think an Arkham styled set introducing a range of new characters would be perfect, not just for us but for marketing. It let TLC keep the fans happy, and also gives them more characters to rerelease in sets later. Which is fine by me, by all accounts bring on a Bane set.

Either way, I'll just be happy to see the other two sets, judging that we have toyfair StarWars pictures, I'd say Batman couldn't be far away. Then we finally know what this Hammer Truck is.

I do cling to hope, I just think an Arkham styled set introducing a range of new characters would be perfect, not just for us but for marketing. It let TLC keep the fans happy, and also gives them more characters to rerelease in sets later.

Unless it

Good point, though I think we may still only get one new batsuit, which will probably be, as you say, the TDK suit. Or maybe the BB suit, seeing as he uses it in the new one as well. I don't mind which one, they're both good and it'd be great to get an all-black suit.

The TDK suit is actually more segmented than the BB suit, but seeing as how that's only really regards the limbs, a minifig version would probably be the same for both.

Unless it

The TDK suit is actually more segmented than the BB suit, but seeing as how that's only really regards the limbs, a minifig version would probably be the same for both.

Ah yes, good point, but I do believe that there are a few big differences round the bat symbol, but like you said, it would probably be the same for a minifig. Still, you never know, though I'd rather see an armoured batsuit and winter batsuit (your own suggestion).

I don't know. Blackgate might just be too obscure to sell well. Sure, Bat-fans know what it is, but will most other people? And most of the villains in Blackgate are hardly first-tier are they? KGBeast (who's dead anyway), Cluemaster, the Trigger Twins, Lock-Up, Steeljacket, the Ratcatcher (also dead), Black Spider, etc.

Its why I think Wayne Manor is perfect. Infact, there are TOO many characters to put in it. Bruce Wayne, Alfred, Batman, Tim Drake, Dick Grayson, Batgirl, Barbara Gordon, Ra's Al Ghul, Talia Al Ghul, Ubu, LOA Assassin, maybe even Lucius Fox or Commisioner Gordon.

Assuming the sets were shown (and I hope they were), it's strange how nothing's cropped up.

Well, they were supposed to show other sets too, so maybe we'll see something soon, I'm dying to know if there is another new character, it would be blasphemy if Lego never made Gordon. Sometimes I wonder if the people making these even know there are still many characters to be made.

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Ah yes, good point, but I do believe that there are a few big differences round the bat symbol, but like you said, it would probably be the same for a minifig.

I've just looked at some pictures and you're right. The TDK suit has a much smaller bat symbol than the BB suit. Knowing TLC though, they prpobably wouldn't distinguish between the two. They are fairly similar after all.

Well, they were supposed to show other sets too, so maybe we'll see something soon, I'm dying to know if there is another new character, it would be blasphemy if Lego never made Gordon. Sometimes I wonder if the people making these even know there are still many characters to be made.

I think it finishes today as well. Still, if they were there I'm sure they'll show up soon. I mean, I'll be happy with Harley if I have to be (but then, who wouldn't be? ;-) ) but I'd rather see Gordon as well.

I've just looked at some pictures and you're right. The TDK suit has a much smaller bat symbol than the BB suit. Knowing TLC though, they prpobably wouldn't distinguish between the two. They are fairly similar after all.

Yes, but as you say, they are similar enough to only warrant one suit, but two would be good.

But which version would you like more? Myself I would rather the BB suit, the larger Batsymbol and overall design would look better in Minifig form I reckon.

I think it finishes today as well. Still, if they were there I'm sure they'll show up soon. I mean, I'll be happy with Harley if I have to be (but then, who wouldn't be? ;-) ) but I'd rather see Gordon as well.

Well thats disappointing, apart from the starwars sets, were there anything else showcased?

I'll be happy with a new suit Batman and Harley as well, not to mention a (probable) Batpod, Tumbler ( *wub* ) and finally another cool Robin vehicle. But hey, lets just buy the sets (and maybe even a multiple or two ;-) ) and make sure it merits a fourth wave for new characters.

Batbrick Away! >:-)