Joebot

Batman '08

I don't own that many either, but I'm starting to get more. It's only recently I've started actually buying TPBs/HCs I want rather than just borrowing them from the library and reading them. I have more that it looks like thanks to the CEs, but still... I want more.

Yeah I'm starting to get more too, I finally ended up getting The Long Halloween, brilliant read, so I'll be making a vig of that in the next Bat Mocs'N'Mods Treat. Now I've just got....a lot, to go :'-(

It's more of that trademark TLC humour that comes through every now and again. Heck, if TLC gave us one, I'd even accept a Bat-Mite. Just for the sheer fun of it.

Hmm, what about Ace the Bat-Hound... :-D

Good point, as much as we complain they've certainly done a great job at not making it too light, yet still remaining funny. Hmm, Ace the Bat-Hound, that could be a new set :-D

Well, exactly. I mean, SW was pretty well-researched, IMO, but the level here is amazing, especially given all the different versions of characters, origins and timelines, and then theres the Crises and all the retcons (like Zero Hour).

They're really appealing to the geeks on this one. X-D

Again, as much as we complain, they've done a brilliant job of all the versions of the characters, as well as histories, timelines and incarnations, that really, we shouldn't be complaining that much. The first wave contained fifteen different characters (including batsuits) so anything after that and of course we'll be disappointed, but at the end of the day, when the line finishes, we'll have them all.

And then theres the game...

Batbrick Away! >:-)

Here is a larger pic of Harley Quinn from the Batman video game-

thumb_harley_2.jpg

Sweet *wub*

Now that's the Harley design we all know and love *y*

Nice! ) I wonder if she's going to have a "face" at her back.... That would be really wonderful! )

lb_screen_114_360.jpg

Well - well - well! ) A closed umbrella! ) I hope, we are getting one in the sets! )))) *wub*

Well - well - well! ) A closed umbrella! ) I hope, we are getting one in the sets! )))) *wub*

Great spotting The Penguin! I very much hope that this is in the set, though it is a bit unlikely, as that be another great reason to get it 8-

Ahh cool !! Tks for thepics guys ;-)

Harley rocks and she even makes it for the rest of the MFs :-P

G that killer croc croc vehicls is fantastic !! Lets hope its gonna be a special edition X-D

Umbrella On !!

*yoda*

It looks like a hammer though... :-(

Also, I think that truck is bony because it has barely any armor, and you can see inside it...

lol! I have 1337 posts! :-D

-ZotS

It is a giant hammer, we were stirring you for calling Ms. Quinn a guy :-D

I also agree with wise Yoda, we need Crocodile Croc vehicle X-D

Dynonychus found pics from the Toy Fair of the Batman sets:

IMG_9368.jpg

IMG_9372.jpg

IMG_9373.jpg

IMG_9376.jpg

IMG_9377.jpg

IMG_9379.jpg

IMG_9381.jpg

IMG_9382.jpg

Full Gallery.

That Harley Quinn is beautiful *wub* The tumbler set looks better too, although it looks like more sticker hell for the ice-cream truck.. Also, we see the new Batman torso, looks great *sweet* Also, I love Harley's hammer saying "Whack-A-Bat" :-D

Batman ON!

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

Loving all this, poor Brainbox..

Batbuggy:

Great set, the buggy itself is longer than before and makes much more sense now, I could almost (emphasis on almost) see it happening. Mr. Freeze is an awesome fig and it looks like the Batman SHOULD have a new suit, because in the pic he wears an old one yet has dark grey legs for the new suit. Mr. Freeze's vehicle is hilarious but we get nice pieces, and with the Batbuggy I get my first grappling hook!

Robin Scuba Jet:

That sub is looking brilliant now with sleek construction. I still love Robin's awesome little vehicle, fantastic. Plus more little penguins are always great.

Batcycle:

Loving this one. Harley is perfect and makes me cry with joy. Her vehicle truck is awesome, gotta love that "Wack-a-bat" hammer :-D The Batcycle I am disappointed with, I'll mod it good though.

The Tumbler:

That tumbler is a thing of beauty, I love it to death, I can't wait to get it. Joker's ice cream truck is just as good, another case of TLC's great humour with the "Uncle Joker's Ice cream surprise" banners :-D

I get two popsicles too, which a major plus, this is a brilliant set. And I am LOVING that new torso, a combo of what i wanted: Dark Grey and BB!

I must admitt that I was wrong about the new line! ) First I was quite sceptic about it, but now I see that TLC has done something really wonderful! *wub*

Batbuggy:

A silly set, but as Batbrick has already said has lots of useful details! (Can anyone have enough of crystals

or these glass-things? ) *sweet*

Robin's Scuba Jet:

The set is simply marvellous! ) I like everything here: even the colorfull Robin's vehicle! ) I wonder if those "R" banners are printed or they are stickers....

My sub seems to be a larger version of the Batcave one, but I relly love it! *wub* It does look like some really evil penguin! :-D Plus, have you noticed that Batman sticker on it? What could it mean? A number of times Bats was defeated? )))) :-D

Batcycle:

Harley! *wub* Can't find words to say how I like the minifig! And look at all these deyails: "wack-a-bat", her "puddin's" card! Her vehicle is great, as well as Batman's suit! )))) :'-)

The Tumbler:

I'm still a bit uncertain about the Tumbler.... Well, I'll have to think it over.... But The Joker's truck! *wub* I simply love it! ) "Uncle Joker's ice-cream surprise"! :-D Thats so like him! Really one of the best sets in the new wave! ) :-) Still a bit puzzled by the giant ice-cream thing on the truck.... Is it supposed to be some kind of a rocket?

Must get them all! ) :'-)

Tks for the pics !!

We do see the sets clearer an its great !!

I'll only focus on the MFs !! I was right to be pissed off since all the villains are the exact same fig as wave 1 !! That is just wrong !!

So basically on 4 sets, there are only 2 new figs >:-( and both are coming from the same set |-/ Harley is really one of the most sweet figs produced these past years IMO. And its great to have a new batsuit !! His bike pictures a sweet BB style insignia which is wonderfull !! Lets hope that his torso will have the same !!

I'm only missing the Tumbler Batman !! I really hope for a new suit as well.

*yoda*

So basically on 4 sets, there are only 2 new figs >:-( and both are coming from the same set |-/ Harley is really one of the most sweet figs produced these past years IMO. And its great to have a new batsuit !! His bike pictures a sweet BB style insignia which is wonderfull !! Lets hope that his torso will have the same !!

I'm only missing the Tumbler Batman !! I really hope for a new suit as well.

I don't think we'll get two new suits as we only get 3 batmen, and TLC likes to have a batsuit in atleast two sets. Still, as you pointed out that new batsymbol sticker is great, I really hope the sticker sheets are like the previous ones and give us more than one for extra uses. Harley is fantastic, I can't say anything else apart from she's perfect *wub*

Overall, while not enough new figs, the sets for this year are a definite win for me.

Ahhhh crap! Why is the new batsuit in dark grey? He wears a black suit in the film not grey, geezzz lego you could of at least got that right.... What's next a purple wookie :-|

As for the sets i really love the harley truck, but i notice there's quite a few stickers again |-/

The Tumbler looks better in that pic, the prelim pics of it didn't do it justice at all.

But what's up with robin's sub? it looks more like a statis chamber than a sub. No controls and the boy wonder can't even see where he's going. *wacko*

Ahhhh crap! Why is the new batsuit in dark grey? He wears a black suit in the film not grey, geezzz lego you could of at least got that right.... What's next a purple wookie :-|

X-D Thats something I would love after the red ghost :-P

But what's up with robin's sub? it looks more like a statis chamber than a sub. No controls and the boy wonder can't even see where he's going. *wacko*

It looks moe to me like Micheal Jackson okygen tank to me but in sissy robin colours X-D

*yoda*

I like it better that way...in a way. I've been craving for a dark grey suit for ages.

The Tumbler looks better in that pic, the prelim pics of it didn't do it justice at all.

I agree, the Tumbler looks much, much better now. But I really like robin's sub, a few mods and he'll see better :-D

Batbuggy: It's nice to get Mr Freeze and the new torso in a small set, but that's just about the only good point I can thibnk of about this set. The buggy looks :-X , although I think Mr Freeze's vehicle is cute :-$ The price is pretty large too, considering you can get SW battlepacks or the Indy Motorcycle Chase or Jungle Duel for the same price. Those sets come with more minifigs, and have better builds (well, the Indy sets at least..)

Robin's Scuba Jet: Like the buggy, it's nice to get Penguin (and the penguins *wub* ) and Robin in a cheaper set, and the vehicles are alright. Robin's vehicle is simple, but looks alright. I really do like the submarine (although those missiles will be coming off), but it's a little too similar to the one in the Batcave. I don't really like the sticker on the front either, but other than that, it's great, and is a pretty reasonable price.

Batcycle: I'm still not sure about this set. The vehicles look a little too much like those from the Racers and Agents lines, although I love the hammer. The batcycle is better than I first thought, but still not great. The Harley fig is fantastic, but I hadn't really heard of her until I saw the sets. The fig is great, but I like the Penguin, Mr Freeze, Two-Face and Scarecrow minfigs better, and I don't think just her and the hammers can justify getting this set for me :-/

Tumbler: The best set of the line *wub* The tumbler is very nice, TLC did a great job with it. And it looks like the missile at the back is gone! That will save me some time getting rid of it Nope, it's still there. |-/ The ice-cream truck is great too, I love the stickers on it *wub* The giant ice-cream is good too. One gripe is that the so-called 'Ice-cream truck' only contains ice-blocks :-| :-D

Anyway, the whole wave is a bit of a dissapointment compared to the previous two, but I'm still happy, some of the sets are good, and I'll save some money... X-D

Batman ON!

Edited by TinyPiesRUs

It looks moe to me like Micheal Jackson okygen tank to me but in sissy robin colours X-D

*yoda*

Indeed mate that's the sort of thing it looks like, it's no wonder the penguin is smiling as robin has no way of catching him X-D

I like it better that way...in a way. I've been craving for a dark grey suit for ages.

The problem is that it's supposed to be based on TDK, that suit is black not grey. I'm all for a regular dark grey suit just not that one, that one should of been done in black.

The problem is that it's supposed to be based on TDK, that suit is black not grey. I'm all for a regular dark grey suit just not that one, that one should of been done in black.

I agree with that, I still hope for an all black TDK suit.

argh - the Tumber is supposed to be all black, why all the grey pieces

That will have to be modded....

Edited by Megatron