Joebot

Batman '08

Looking at the perliminary pic, it sure looks like it could be a dark knight set. I also hope for new batman and also a new joker. I was just speculating that it could be Batgirl with batcycle.

Looking at the perliminary pic, it sure looks like it could be a dark knight set. I also hope for new batman and also a new joker.

I was really expecting a new Joker but even if this is a preliminary pic I doubt we'll have a new one

batman-joker.jpg

He is not really kid friendly :-P

*yoda*

For very preliminary pics, these look fine to me. I'm hoping they'll improve of course, but they look about like what I was expecting. I'll be buying both of 'em.

For very preliminary pics, these look fine to me. I'm hoping they'll improve of course, but they look about like what I was expecting. I'll be buying both of 'em.

And I hope a shop in Paris WILL carry that new line |-/

TRU didn't carry all the sets and my Lego shop will not order them because they don't sell at all |-/

Sure there is still S@A but I love shopping in sets ;-)

And off course I will buy them all since I love that theme and I sure hope that TLC will mod the actual MFs and just used the old ones for marketing purpose ;-)

*yoda*

I have just one gripe with that tumbler : Missiles! I wish they'd stop doing those annoying things...

And can someone tell me why there is a bat symbol on the side of the penguin sub? Did he steal it from the batcave?? *wacko*

But then again, it wouldn't be the first weird thing in that line... I've never quite understood why they put the batsignal in the batcave, for instance... makes it kind of useless, since the only one who could activate it would be Batman and I don't quite see why he would call himself for help :-P

I don't get why everyone is so anti-missile...especially with the Tumbler, which HAS missiles--Captain Gordon used them to take down the monorail bridge in Gotham City and save the city in "Batman Begins." So...what's wrong with the missiles? And can't you just mod them out of your version of the model if they're so hated?

And can someone tell me why there is a bat symbol on the side of the penguin sub? Did he steal it from the batcave?? *wacko*

You know I was wondering that. Weird...

I don't get why everyone is so anti-missile...especially with the Tumbler, which HAS missiles--Captain Gordon used them to take down the monorail bridge in Gotham City and save the city in "Batman Begins." So...what's wrong with the missiles?

It's not so much the presence of missiles that's a problem, because as you said, the Tumbler does have them. It's more the fact that it's the rubber missile (I wish I could remember the fan-term :-$ ) that TLC puts in every set. The ones that fire dangerously everytime you so much as touch the model.

And can't you just mod them out of your version of the model if they're so hated?

Don't worry, I fully intend to, just like I have with the other Batman sets.

I don't get why everyone is so anti-missile...especially with the Tumbler, which HAS missiles--Captain Gordon used them to take down the monorail bridge in Gotham City and save the city in "Batman Begins." So...what's wrong with the missiles? And can't you just mod them out of your version of the model if they're so hated?

Well yes, I agree to the canon in the tumbler, but as I recall, it is sleekly hidden somwhere in the vehicle and barely gets out to shoot the missile. And it is not some huge tubular parts stuck on the back of the whole thing that ruins the general shape of it or those little rod on the sides that don't even look like anything.

I don't always mind the missile. Sometimes they manage to include them in very good ways, like in the TIE Bomber or the last version of the slave one. and in a lesser extend but still not too bad, in the N1 Star fighter and the first Batmobile. but here, it just looks ugly. So I do intent on removing them (If I get the set, that is... not sure it's gonna be released here anyway, so...)

... Weird. Cartoon Batman? Movie batman logo? Old figures? These prototypes are about the bigest liscence mish-mash I've ever seen in lego form. *wacko*

Still, the sets are looking pretty cool. I probably won't buy any, but at least they aren't terrible for prototypes. ;-)

Whilst the preliminary box art is a bit of a mixed bag at the moment, I'd say it's for the Dark Knight. As many have pointed out, the fact that the Joker is the new villain already proves this.

As for the cartoon, it seems to me that it resembles the Batman from BB and TDK anyways - I think it could be just an attempt to link the set to the comic book roots. Old figures are fine by me, as I don't think TLC was ever going to try and create a more realistic Joker for the younger audience it targets, and they wouldn't spend anymore cash than was needed on new prints for characters they've already got.

Where is HQ? I really wanted a jester hat.

Also, I think these new pictures warranted a new thread, as I've have totally missed the new pictures, if I hadn't found them crossposted on the Brothers Brick blog.

Steve

So what we have here is a case of 2 new sets showing old figs.... Hmmmm i'm hoping that this is the same as the SW ones and that the final sets will include a new batman fig.

I mean come on lego even you guess must have the sense to give just a new torso for the bat, if not then at least include the black version thats already out.

The Tumbler itself is far more bulky than i would of liked, however i do see room for improvement. Moc on all the way this that bad boy.

As for the Penguin sub or what ever it's supposed to be i'm far from impressed, i just don't see the point in this set.

No I think they are real. They came out of the store catalog.

I think these are fake, but i hope not!

Nahhh.... No way are they fake, like all prelim pics these will change before release.

Hopefully TLG redesign the tumbler, i don't really like the look of it

As for the Penguin sub or what ever it's supposed to be i'm far from impressed, i just don't see the point in this set.

Well, I didn't got the Batcave, so if it's not too expensive I'm happy with it. We still got some minifigs I really want for this line. :-)

I mean come on lego even you guess must have the sense to give just a new torso for the bat, if not then at least include the black version thats already out.

And of course, they could get their money's worth out of a new Batsuit by including it in more than one set. Just stick it in with the Bat-buggy or the Batcycle, it's not as if we'd mind.

And of course, they could get their money's worth out of a new Batsuit by including it in more than one set. Just stick it in with the Bat-buggy or the Batcycle, it's not as if we'd mind.

Exactly.... Why lego would include a grey version of the bat in a set that screams for the black one is just utter nonsense, heck you never know lego might change it before the final sets are shown.

Talking about the new bat outfit, I was thinking that Bruce could go Blackhole trooper !! Imagine that, a regular black outfit, and the bat insignia (version BB) in silver 8-

Anybody seen this:

7885.jpg

It's Robins Jet sub.

Yes this was posted some pages back, thanks anyway.

Well, I hope there's some improvement between now and the final release date. These just do not impress me. LEGO should simply type in Tumbler on Brickshelf. Their bound to get better results

Yes this was posted some pages back, thanks anyway.

well maybe we could make a new topic with the new pictures..

its too confusing that they are in a topic that says

"chatting about the rumored sets"

a new topic would be great!

also someone could post all these preliminary pictures in the "preliminary design" theme!

i would have done it but i dont have a dsl connection these days..and my internet is really slow!

Edited by phoinix

With the prelim shot of the ice cream trck & tumbler set all my hopes of getting commisioner Gordon and some type of ice cream factory like the one in batman & robin have absoloutley died out, unless lego decides to pull f a battank reversal, not showing a base in the preliminary but including it in the final (wouldn't that be *sweet* )