Joebot

Batman '08

I'd like to sets based on "The Batman" cartoon. It's more darker, and the characters look cooler IMO.

You're going to give Batbrick a heart attack. In fact, maybe you already did!

I had a hard time getting used to The Batman, and I still think the Joker's the worst redesign on the show. The others I can handle, but I hate his look, his voice, his characterization...he's terrible. But I've warmed up to the show over the last few years--after they added Batgirl, Robin, and this season the Justice League, I've been liking it more and more.

But I'd still rather keep the LEGO license focused on a more "timeless" design for the characters...amalgamations that take the comics, TV, movies, and other media into account and give us a nice classic look.

You're going to give Batbrick a heart attack. In fact, maybe you already did!

I had a hard time getting used to The Batman, and I still think the Joker's the worst redesign on the show. The others I can handle, but I hate his look, his voice, his characterization...he's terrible. But I've warmed up to the show over the last few years--after they added Batgirl, Robin, and this season the Justice League, I've been liking it more and more.

But I'd still rather keep the LEGO license focused on a more "timeless" design for the characters...amalgamations that take the comics, TV, movies, and other media into account and give us a nice classic look.

Since Legos can't talk or be crazy, then there really is no point in making the joker based on The Batman design.

Say NO to monkey-clowns! *n* :-X

Frankly, Im alittle dissapointed with the tumbler, but its abit of an odd shot at it, so I cant judge too much, the ice cream van though, I love it as far as I see! *wub*

Atleast they're preliminary.

Edited by Brickmaster

i hope the final design is way better than that. I feel the preliminary tumbler is too FAT! The movie one has a more sharper front and more sleek. 8-|

The ice cream truck looks cute. :-D

im hoping the other batman sets are better than this one

it looks ok just a bit bulky

on the other hand i really like the box art.

sure the old one was fine and why change it?

but this is for the new movie

so lego may not have such a strong word on these

the film company makes these decisions i guess..

the ice cream truck looks ok

cant wait to see the rest of the pics!

oh and dont forget that the bat-tank preliminary picture was a lot different than the final product

There is total ard 2 new batman sets from what i saw~ the other is an smaller set... cant recall whats that... will try to take the pics this weekend when i'm going to town =) cheers~

Looks like there is only 1 new minifigs, Harley Quinn.

I wonder whether they will make a set that have Poison Ivy.

dsc00442.jpg

Tks for the pic ;-)

I'm kind of disappointed with sweet old Tumbler there |-/ Its really not sleek enough and why oh why including old figs |-/ Lets hope its real preliminary !!

At least there is a cool City Ice cream truck hehe !!

And found on BS ;-)

Not fantastic either but quite nice !! Apart the figs off course !!

Is it me or that fantastic Batman line is becoming crappylistic ??

*yoda*

post-13-1199119570_thumb.jpg

I actually quite like the Tumbler. It's a very hrd shape to get right at System scale and I think /lego did a great job. The Penguin set is alright, but nothing special.

I actually quite like the Tumbler. It's a very hrd shape to get right at System scale and I think /lego did a great job.

Sure its a cool design but I dislike the fact that the front wheels are not centered enough !! they really should be closer to the center of the car loke on this proto Tumbler. For instance the front wheels should have been attached to the center part of the car and not to the sides ;-)

prototype.jpg

Also the front is too high, it should have been lowered for aerodynamics and aesthetics ;-)

*yoda*

dsc00442.jpg

It's... unique. Frankly it's not really the best Tumbler, and I'm pretty sure there were none of those spring missile launchers in the movie. 8-| :-P EDIT: Comparing to the pc of the movie Tumbler *yoda* posed, this isn't actually that bad.

I hope the ice-cream truck has some ice creams in it!

EDIT: The Penguin set isn't bad, an evil little submarine, a couple more of those lil' penguins, and Robin's weird little sub. Not bad, and a cheap(er) way to get those 2 figs!

~Peace

Edited by iamded

I'm pretty sure there were none of those spring missile launchers in the movie. 8-| :-P

You don't remember the movie Tumbler having a huge shooting mechanism ?? :-P

Looking at the box art I don't understand anything !! I thought TLC was not going to produce sets from the Dark Knight. And look at that Bat emblem on the top right of the box !!

And it can't be from Batman Begins since there is no joker :-P

And why is there a comic Batman on the botom left ? 2 different symbols for a same line is quite weird !! Any insight on that the bat nerds :-P

*yoda*

You don't remember the movie Tumbler having a huge shooting mechanism ?? :-P

Looking at the box art I don't understand anything !! I thought TLC was not going to produce sets from the Dark Knight. And look at that Bat emblem on the top right of the box !!

And it can't be from Batman Begins since there is no joker :-P

And why is there a comic Batman on the botom left ? 2 different symbols for a same line is quite weird !! Any insight on that the bat nerds :-P

*yoda*

Well both the Tumbler and the Joker appear in The Dark Knight, the sequel to Batman Begins so it's a loose link but that could be Lego's reasoning, although the cartoon Batman is a red herring.

As for the model itself I hope Lego can "smooth" it out although I may buy it even if they don't to modify it.

Lets wait to see how the final boxart looks like, maybe its more movie like ;-)

dsc00442.jpg

*wub* *wub* Thats a really great Tumbler!! Sure its a bit fat and it could be sleeker but still pretty good capturing it in Lego form. It looks cool except for more crappy annoying FF missiles :-|

The Ice cream truck is nice *y* Could be easily modified into a regular one, I also hope there some design on the side like "Ice Cream" or something

The pic is preliminary so I expect the Figs to change and the Box art, as this set looks "Dark Knight"

I would also be very happy if it was since TLC has a license to do sets from the film

Thanks!!

P

Judging by the look of the ice cream truck, it's totally preliminary. I'm betting they'll make one or two new pieces for the Tumbler. They'll at least "smoothen it out" a little (right?). As for the comic Batman on the box... I'm guessing that means we'll get a Batman Begins styled minifig Bats. All black with a golden belt.

i was hoping for a better set of penguin

that one huge piece really is not good

the small submarine the penguin had with the batcave was better

but im not gonna buy that big set just for that!

the first wave of batman was amazing

the next two sets were ok but i didnt care much about them

and now it looks too colorfull

i liked it better when it was darker and mysterious

god that huge piece on the front looks terrible!

(i know i already said it but i cant get over it)

lets wait and see..

oh and dosent the ice cream truck a mr'freeze thing?

what is joker doing with it?

but i guess we should see the movie and find out

Edited by phoinix

I was kinda hoping for the batpod too but it is the batcycle with Harley Quinn...right? Who uses a batcycle and would be perfect to be up against HQ,....Batgirl. I doubt it is going to be the batpod because I have not heard anything about HQ in The Dark Knight....

-Z

I was kinda hoping for the batpod too but it is the batcycle with Harley Quinn...right? Who uses a batcycle and would be perfect to be up against HQ,....Batgirl. I doubt it is going to be the batpod because I have not heard anything about HQ in The Dark Knight....

-Z

We don't even know if they're doing The Dark Knight. I thought they were just picking a nice Bat-vehicle, and a villain to go up against it. Maybe throw in a new suit for Batman.

~Peace

tumblerrumbler1.jpg

*wub* Really a nice vehicle!!

In that pic you can see that TLC did a great job trying to replicate it, all that is left is to make sleeker and add a few details plus a new suit batman and perfect!! Maybe raise the wheels in the back and add some wings!

The Bat Tumbler is my favorite Bat vehicle *wub*

I'm definitely getting this one *sweet*

P

So, the Tumbler. Well, it is still a preliminary, and as a preliminary, it does look quite good. Not quite what I was hoping for, but that doesn't matter, because when I get it (when, not if), I'll just MOD it. It's a hard vehicle to replicate, especially if tyhey're keeping it to this particular price point, whatever that may be. The ice cream truck isn't bad either.

The Penguin Sub isn't bad either. Nice and streamlined. The jetsub for Robin isn't quite as good as I was hoping, but again, easily MODed. And we get more Penguins, along with a Robin torso that I can use for a Good Soldier epitah.

Interestingly, the box is TDK design, and the Bats in the corner is the BB/TDK Bats, so does that mean that we might get a BB/TDK suit in the finished set? I certainly hope so.

No Gordon yet though :'-(