The Middleman

I've heard of obsession...

These people??? Can't they make up their own names? I had a friend once whose dad made up his name and it was "Gernott" pronounced "Gaire Not" rhyming "Dare Not". Although he was German so maybe its a common German name and I was scammed with that story!

You aslo had a megablock who didn't like his name and placed an auction on ebay: win the auction and choose a name for him *wacko*

Could he sinck lower than that, I wonder >-|

He could be auctioning a French Baguette that looks like Yoda...

The only difference is that he DID auction his name ;)

WHAT??? Are you implying you're not really auctioning that baguette?

Not at all ;) I'm just saying my baguette is auctionned in this friendly community ;) As its a really nice item, I want only our dear members to have a chance to win this memorable item ;)

Morons...that's just simply gay. I bet it's an American family with low income and no brains because they have no imagination at all to name their kid. It's sad and pathetic.

Morons...that's just simply gay. I bet it's an American family with low income and no brains because they have no imagination at all to name their kid. It's sad and pathetic.

Well, the other kid's name is Fernando Martinez Corona, so I don't know about 'American'. ;)

As usual we are once again off topic.

Back on topic:

I get the impression that the majority of people registered to this forum are from Western or European societies. However, these Bionicle names may be common in various parts of the world, such as the more tribal/indigenous races, like islanders of the South Pacific for example. Since we're not accustomed to these names they sound exotic.

In the article she was called Gali. I have a friend from Israel called Gali.

The "problem" in this case is not the name per se but the reason to give it.

No, I think its a family of low income that imigrated to an insignificant FAR north american country from some former communist eastern block country.....wait....oh yeah, my mistake, that was SOMEONE ELSE ;)

bfs

I really don't see the big deal, many people name their children after these types of things. Just look at people named Yoshi, many are named after the Mario character, just like how this person will be named after a BIONICLE character. I don't see the difference.