Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

Some Recent Middle East style builds

Greetings all,

After getting some really good feedback here on Eurobricks for my Brethren of the Brick Seas builds over in the pirates forum, I thought I'd post some of my recent builds for Lands of Roawia here as well.

I have recently been experimenting with Middle East style desert scenes. It's not a genre I ever even really thought about before joining the online community, although after seeing works by Gideon and Blufiji (the tower in the last build is Blufiji's technique) amongst others, it's one I really wanted to try.

Anyway without further ado here they are, any suggestions or feedback is very welcome. Thank you!

24382703430_d8a8cdbb7a_z.jpg

24402768544_85167acb2f_z.jpg

24429312383_a53eedfc96_z.jpg

25416377211_332a58a8f6_z.jpg

25238050844_fd0a9a30dc_z.jpg

Edited by Ayrlego

As Middle Eastern MOCs are my personal favorite style to build in, these really stand out to me. :wub: They're all excellent, but my favorite has to be the last one: the brightly colored market stalls, wall texturing, flags, and even the minifigs are all superb :thumbup: Keep up the good work, looking forward to hopefully seeing more Middle East builds from you :classic:

Wow, that's a nice collection of builds! I especially like the last two, with respectively very natural landscaping and a lovely scene. :thumbup:

5 is really beautiful, the architecture is just superior to 1. I like the scene in 2 and the landscaping in 4. 3 is a bit simple for my tastes.

Some nice builds! , The exotic market is very nice, , really like the tower and your choice of parts.The scene in the second build is also very well done.

Your middle east moc's are great, my favorite is the Exotic Market.

Last month i joint Kaliphlin, one of the guilds of Guilds of Historica. And Kaliphln has a lot of middle east influences, so i am busy with my first moc in middle east style and your mocs are a great inspiration for me. Thanks !!!

Amazing work! I love all of your middle east MOCs :thumbup: . My favorite one is the exotic market, too (I love all the different colours you used in that creation :wub: )

Thanks for the comments everyone! Number 5 is my favourite as well. Regarding the bright colours in that MOC, the multi-coloured flags were a bit of an after thought to brighten the scene up, glad they had the desired effect!

I think I'll definitely continue to dabble in this style, I really enjoy it!

Great sery of builds!

You're really good at these desert-MOCs! keep IT up

I love all of these! The 3rd one is a bit under-detailed though.

All of them are nice, but I loved the last one! Great build, nice technics, good choice of colours.. Keep up the goog work! And I must say, it's so nice to see some middle east architeture, I think LEGO should explore it more.

Your pirate stuff looks great but these are some excellent builds too!

Excellent photography too btw

Beautiful collection of builds. The market is my favorite with the lovely tower and courtyard area. It's a very pleasing composition with good colors and architecture, and the activity within the crowd is great. The landscape in the second-from-last pic is really good too, especially the rolling sand. Good work. :classic: